private just cause i'm pretty .. chilledstar

"You don't really believe it, do you?" In some happenstance, the pale rosette once again found herself beside pitch. How many times had they settled beside one another like this? Far more than Lilacfur ever anticipated. Chilledstar's leadership had been rocky and tumultuous for so long. But somewhere, within the din of commands and deaths and blood, something had changed.

"StarClan cannot possibly cast us in more darkness than they have..." Her tongue felt like stone behind her teeth. What was the point, then? If they could never earn their favor again, why continue to play this game of pretend? "They hold onto the spirits of my parents, my brothers, my kin, but when I deliver justice they fail to enact..." A hot exhale sounded her frustration, unable to finish her sentence.

"I won't fault you if I'm o remain home next moon." Maybe it would be for the best, for the game.

• 82313904_EOrjiqreK2nTja8.png
  • LILACFUR she/her, 20 moons, mother to marblekit and sycamorekit
    lh lilac rosette with yellow eyes (carrying cinnamon, solid), a torn ear and claw marks beside her eye.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by this loser@gonkpilled on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

they don't know what to tell lilacfur. they're a bit disappointed that she had gone and hit a medicine cat of all cats, even if they truly believed he deserved it. it was just a mess. it leaves them unsure. they hate being unsure. but as far as the stars are concerned, they're always unsure. shadowclan, as far as they know it, is cursed. why? they don't know. they've tried their hardest to... they don't know... make amends? be a good leader for their clan in hopes that the stars would take it easy. they had not know they were giving entirely too much credit to the stars. but this is what they've been taught. it is all they know.

"i believe there are always consequences to every single action. hitting windclanners at a gathering may have been a wrong move, espeically wolfsong even if he deserved it, but there will be consequences. maybe it is best you stay home for the next moon's gathering."

do they actually think she should? they don't know. they're tired of pretending like they do. they're only one cat. they cannot know everything. they could not have known that their anger would get the best of them like this.

"we have been pushed and pushed and pushed by windclan over and over. it was only a matter of time before we retaliated. even the stars know that windclan broke the code. riverclan did too. and yet somehow we are the ones punished for reacting? I would hope the stars are a bit lenient."

they sigh, looking at lilacfur with a smile on their face.

"he totally deserved to get hit. i am not mad at you for it. but you do understand the punishment of staying home from the next gathering, right, my friend?"

———————---***i try to live in black and white***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    47 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed