delayed just don't wanna hate myself // successful hunt

I'M NO BURDEN - NOT SO WORTHLESS
BENT SO MUCH THAT I JUST MIGHT BREAK

periwinklebreeze 15 moons demi-boy he/they windclan moor runner

C1-B376-C9-9-A6-D-4-B87-AE0-B-C31-D1-A7918-BD.png
It's strange, being separated from the others - the cats he'd walked alongside for a moon and a half now. The open grasslands laid out before them leave periwinklebreeze feeling homesick - blue eye drifting to the daisies adorning his tail every time they rest. Home - windclan's moors have been many things to the boy, both good and bad, but still they have always been home. They'll be there soon - just a little longer. They were only slowed, not stalled.

Tail swishes and ears flatten as the wind buffets ashen coat - whiskers quivering at a familiar scent. He moves on auto pilot, moons of training and sheer instinct spurring him on. It's harder than it should be - vision impaired leaving him disadvantaged as he chases brown furred blurr, but he doesn't let it stop him. Left - right - left again - the creature tries it's best to outpace him, dragging things on longer than if he'd still had his full abilities, but already he can taste his success. All it takes is one misstep - he sees legs quiver and head turn, and he pounces. It's over in seconds, teeth sinking deep into warm flesh, neck snapping cleanly.

It's not the plumpest thing, leafbare chill clearly getting the better of it - but it's enough to feed more than one mouth. Pride and adrenaline leaves chest fluttering, and he trots back to the others with a smile on his maw, grinning despite the pain that flares along his face and jaws. " W-we should eat it while it's f-fresh - there's enough t-to share, " he says, dropping it at the nearest members paws. They need their strength - caring for and helping stormpaw is a group effort after all.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T H E Q U E S T I O N S T H A T K E E P M E A W A K E

4d5460.png
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

orangeblossom | tags
    — she/her ; deputy of skyclan, mentoring eveningpaw.
    — scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes.
    "speech" ; thoughts
    — chibi by waluigipinball
    — penned by mercibun. @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots.
    4d5460.png
It's cruel of StarClan, Orangeblossom thinks, that Periwinklebreeze should be blessed with such a wonderful piece of prey despite their injuries and she, fully able to hunt, has nothing to show for her efforts. She'd barely scented anything, let alone found herself in pursuit of anything as simple to catch as a mouse, and yet when she returns empty-pawed it's to find Periwinklebreeze has managed to provide for about half of their group with a piece of juicy prey. Her tail twitches, annoyance flashing across her features.

"I'm alright for now." She turns her face away, continuing to survey the area around them, but spares a glance towards Periwinklebreeze as their traveling companions begin to close in. "Nice catch, though."

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
Their current surroundings are opposite to the one they'd departed from before the journey's separation: open moors with little cover, rather than the thick-foliaged forest. He is not used to hunting in such terrain, but as one of the delayed group's least injured, providing food is of high priority in his list of tasks.

And, while he'd found small mice here and there, it's nothing comparable to the prey Periwinklebreeze returns with. Large and enough to share, Greeneyes can't help the awe-struck tinge of envy that strikes him under the assumed ease the injured moor-runner must have caught the prey in. He should've been able to catch something like that, should've been able to aid in feeding their group more than what the pain-ridden warrior did.

"Oh! Thank you," Greeneyes tells Periwinklebreeze with a nod as he eyes the prey settled between them. A flick of the tail leaves way for a small smile to grace his face. "Next one's on me, yeah?" Hopefully he can find something comparable.

border2.png

• 70927026_mk0oT2Gc8QoWlIu.png

GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES, Warrior of SkyClan
    Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    — Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — Among SkyClan's first born, Greeneyes is a bright tom with an affinity for the world around him. Despite always seeking to be kind to others, the warrior believes he's cursed - a belief brought on by rhetoric that green is a deadly color.