private just for a minute - sparrowpaw

With the sun setting on a horrible day, Orangeblossom's presence is considerably less intense as she crosses the camp to where Sparrowpaw crouches over some fresh-kill. Tiredness settles beneath her eyes, but she blinks at the apprentice with all the polite consideration she can muster in the wake of intervening in the kits' argument earlier in the day. Sparrowpaw had intervened, she knows that much, but outside of clues Orangeblossom doesn't quite know what had transpired.

"Sparrowpaw." She greets them, ears twitching. "Got a moment? I want to know what happened this morning."

• // @sparrowpaw!
  • orangeblossom.png
    orangeblossom. tags.
    — she/her, skyclan deputy.
    — mentor to eveningpaw.
    — attack in #e08550. uses trees as an integral part of her fighting style.
    — mean enough to note that her thoughts don't reflect my opinions as a writer haha.
    — penned by mercibun; @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots. :]
    — art by merc!<3

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
Sparrowpaw still felt bad about it all. It was something they still mused over as they gazed down at the mouse between their paws. It was as if Orangeblossom had overheard their thoughts, then, her voice making them jump, if only a little.

The tabby's expression shifted into guilt, if only a little. She had also chastised her kit, but it still made them feel bad. "I'm sorry," they began. "I didn't... mean to make her cry." They hadn't meant to get so upset, it was just...

"Well, it--" they began, searching for words. "Plaguepaw's fur started changing color a while ago. He noticed and got upset. Pearlkit was antagonizing him, telling him he was going to die or turn into a... void cat," they said, recalling Pearlkit's words. "Which I didn't like much as it was. It made him cry." He had been scared, and the memory of it made their heart twist.

"He was being a- a little dramatic, and he made an offpaw comment about Cherrystar - Cherrykit - being a bad leader, and she overheard, and... well... I think you saw what happened." Their paws drew a little closer to their chest, lips pursing. "I don't know where she got the idea that any of that was okay to do."

Then, as if worried she might think they were blaming her, Sparrowpaw jolted and looked up at Orangeblossom. "Oh, no- I didn't- I'm sorry." They broke off, then tried again, looking back down at the untouched mouse. "I didn't mean to get so upset at her. I didn't want her to cry. I just wanted her to see that..." they trailed off.

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯