just hold on | gift

In every situation you give me peace
Cupped gingerly within her mouth is a smooth river stone about the size of her paw. It held an astonishing gradient crossing from emerald green to lighter shades of mint, complete with flecks of baby blue. She'd found it during her patrol with Cindershade and after much coaxing she was finally released to bring the precious rock back to camp. Periwinkle eyes skimmed camp for a specific ginger tabby tom as she trots along riverclan's well worn path. Eventually she stumbles upon him, features lighting up as she makes her way to his side. "Fernpaw!" She calls out slightly louder than her already gentle voice. "I have something for you." She places her finding at his paws before sitting back up with a soft smile. "I thought that maybe you would like it." His downtrodden state worried her but she hoped that this gift could help lift his spirit for at least a little while. (@FERNPAW)
Don't gotta be afraid because you're in the lead

He had been... elsewhere, when Sablepaw had called for his attention. He felt like the affliction of a wandering mind was one that was affecting him more and more as of late, his imagination retreating into a better reality than the one he was living. A reality where he was better. It never really lasted long, though. How could it, when it was so difficult to actually imagine a naturally talented version of himself? Even if he'd been good at fishing or fighting, he wasn't... collected, completely. There would always be a part of him that got in the way of being brilliant.

He blinked as if shaken out of a trance, dressing himself with a half-hearted pleasant expression when he met the sky-splashed gaze of the charcoal apprentice. The brightening of his features was very noticeable when she admitted she had retrieved a gift for him, and stayed just as sun-bright when his attention fell upon the actual rock she'd bought him.

It was beautiful; brighter than most greens he'd seen, and flecked with bright blues that rivalled the gaze of the gift-giver. A bewildered whisper of "Wow..." left him as he gazed upon it- glanced between the stone and Sablepaw. It was pathetic, wasn't it, that he almost felt as if he could cry. "I- I love it, Sablepaw. Are you- sure you don't want it?"
penned by pin

Sablepaw has settled into the clan well, he can't help but remember the incident where she nearly drowned and is relieved she survived despite his anger then at her foolishness. Unlike her mother, she was more RiverClan than anything else, if only she could begin swimming more adequately they'd have a skilled hunter out of her in time but that was a problem for Cindershade. There was no hiding the fact the girl was determined, at least, and empathetic to a degree. The dark tom watched the rock exchange, rose to stand stiffly with a stretch in his approach that cast a shadow far longer and imposing than he intended; sometimes the sun betrayed him.

Smokethroat does not often have a kind word for cats he does not view with any kind of respect, not that he went out of his way to be cruel just that they never crossed his mind often so he didn't often spare them much thought but he would be lying if he denied any kind of affection for Iciclefang's siblings, the river's first litter and while there was a distinct gap between them all as far as skill went, Fernpaw was still endearing in his own way. He wonders if maybe having his father as a mentor softened his training, but he believes Mudpelt did do his best all the same; would he have also pulled back in his ferocity if forced to train one of his own kits in the future? Would he have lessened the blows? Smokethroat didn't know, it was hard to say but he did know that at the end of the day there was no shame in admitting ones faults so long as you sought to improve them. Late bloomer or not, eventually the ginger tom would find his place.
"A suiting color." Not often did the river rocks have such a sheen, they rarely shifted from grays and blues with the occasional streak of white but he had seen a few with certain pops of color in his time fishing though many often lined nests.
"Are the two of you done with your duties for the day?" For once there is no scolding in his tone, returning to their camp had left him in a far more lighter mood than ever before and it was phrased more as a gentle question than genuine demand.

˚⊹ COME ON MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE ⊹˚
stalkingpaw | 08 months | polygender | any pronouns | physically easy | mentally medium | attack in bold crimson
"Oooo~ that really is pretty, looks like your eyes kinda," stalkingpaw is quick to pipe up, poking her head over the two's shoulders in order to see what it is her sister has brought back to camp. Green eyes blink for a moment, admiring the stones beauty, before she simply grins. "I don't know 'bout them, but I did!" she chirrups at smokethroats inquisition - she'd rather not be scolded again today, she'd done absolutely everything she was supposed to for now. Sablepaws mentor is scary after all, best to answer before she arrives to ruin the fun with more chores or something.

In every situation you give me peace
From the moment she placed the stone at ginger paws she awaited his reaction with baited breath. Wondering, hoping, that he would like it. A soft "Wow..." Was all she needed to finally release the gentle breath burning within her lungs. Silent trepidation is replaced with the brightening of her features in response to his acceptance of her gift and she nods enthusiastically. "I'm glad. B-but yes, of course. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to help add to your collection now can I?" She jests softly chuckling, in the midst of stretching out an ebony paw to playfully nudge his shoulder. Her attention is shattered the moment an imposing shadow looms overhead however, causing her to turn quickly and face Smokethroat.

Eyes of blue shift upward to rest upon her superior, tone dipping into something sheepish as he questions them both. "No, I still have some work to do. I just wanted to drop this off to Fernpaw before meeting back up with Cindershade." Stalkingpaw soon makes an appearance, capturing Sablepaw's attention as her sibling offers their input over the rock's beauty. Her tail wraps around her paws as she looks back down at it. "It does, doesn't it?" She chimes in agreement. Glancing over at his nest Sablepaw pipes up again. "Where will you put it?"
Don't gotta be afraid because you're in the lead

જ➶ Despite everything she is still living. Or at least she is attempting to. Her life is her own and she can't lay down and mourn forever. Though her mate is gone she is still here. Their children are still here and they need their mother. She can not afford to keep being absent and pulled back into herself. It is time she firms up, it is time she moves on and live. Live for herself and live for Riverclan. Taking in a deep breath and slipping her slender frame along she allows herself to pause, to look upon the item that her child has brought. She has a friend here? It makes a small smile pull onto her muzzle knowing despite everything her kits are fitting in well. They are thriving and she lowers her head to look at Sablepaw. "It is a lovely gift, I agree." Her voice is warm as she presses her nose to the top of Sable's head before gazing her burning gaze on Stalkingpaw. Indeed. They are both growing up so fast.

"Are you sure that you finished everything for today, Stalking?" Her gaze is critical and she looks as stern as a mother can before she sits down and curls her tail against her figure.