private Just one more hit, I promise I can deal with it // irispath

OH, WHAT IT MEANS TO BE SOMEONE
THAT EVERYBODY HAS TO TALK TO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
periwinklebreeze 19 moons demi-boy windclan lead warrior
77107695_qyGsZvskQ3IglTq.png
He doesn't know what, exactly, it is that draws him towards irispath once the meeting ends - is it guilt perhaps that guides his paws? Perhaps he is seeking a sense of closure, for all that has happened... or maybe, he is just tired of running. From danger, from himself, from the truth. He's been named lead warrior - a strange thing in of itself. Responsibility now lies on his shoulders - and yet, despite his nerves, it is a burden he wears with pride. " Irispath, " he calls out, although the new name is foreign upon his tongue he knows that someday it won't be. There is an unspoken history that lays between them - he'd chosen the path that peri felt to bitter and afraid to follow. He'd clung tight to vulturemak, and irispath had followed dandelionwish. How much would've been different, if they hadn't? He supposes it doesn't matter - they're all back where they're meant to be i the end, starclans light finally guiding them back home. " I- D-do you have a m-moment? c-can I speak to y-you? Theres... s-something I n-need to ask, "

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
H EH ADN OO N ET H A TH EC O U L DT A L KT O
@Irispath

He feels lighter on his paws after the meeting. It marks the start of the point in his life where he changes for the better. The past is put to rest, it will no longer haunt him, for the most part. Regret and guilt still cling to his heart, but at least now he has the courage to face it. Irispath will walk forward, facing whatever comes his way with dignity instead of foolishness.

Periwinklebreeze catches him by surprise. He wasn't expecting anyone to really speak to him, but he doesn't mind. He has to get used to talking to everyone again, after all. Periwinklebreeze has grown since he last saw him. The scars that mark his body are a testament to how much he's been through, how strong he really is. After all Sootstar put him through, he's still here.

He knows Hyacinthbreath must be proud of him.

"Yeah, I have a moment... What's wrong?" He asks. What could he want with him?​

" Wh-what... what did y-ou mean? Wh-when you told s-sootstar... f-for my mother? " Dtars, he hopes he's wrong - that he'd hear wrong, or that he's putting far to much weight into the former exiles words. Because.... because if he's not - stars, if he's not, he wishes he'd have been the one to kill her after all. All of his pain, his suffering - and still, she'd taken more from him? Tail flicks and teeth gnaw upon his cheek anxiously as he waits for an answer, barely holding himself still and refraining from jumping to further conclusions.

Irispath blinks. So that's...What Periwinklebreeze wants to talk to him about. He sits and wraps his tail around his paws. He feels a sudden weight with having to tell someone their mother was murdered. Was there any right way to go about it? He doesn't know, and it's not like he's good at doing things right anyways.

"Hyacinthbreath... Was killed by Sootstar."
He says finally. It still hurts to say and think about. He still misses her and wishes she could be here now, with Windclan as it should be. "I wasn't there...But... Pollen told me. It was when all those rogues invaded and displaced you all, I believe..." He continues, his gaze falling to the ground. "I'm sorry..."

He'd wondered what had happened after her exile from riverclan - how, exactly, she'd ended up walking his sisters dreams.

but to hear the truth spoken so bluntly still hurts - he can no longer wonder, can no longer play pretend. There is no hoping she passed peacefully, but also no guilt that she'd died to the same sickness that had killed snailstride. Periwinklebreeze doesn't know what to feel - does he even feel anything at all? Blue eyes flutter shut for a moment, breath stuttering.

And then the moment is over, composure regained. " I- thank y-you, " he says slowly, words stilted. " I... knew sh-she was dead y-you know - she's in starclan n-now... but we didn't know h-how... s-so thank you, " he breathes. Head bows stiffly for a moment, and then he's leaving.

Surely, Nightingalecry deserves to know the truth as well.