backwritten JUST TAKE MY WALLET 🎀 MEETING MALLOW

She's gonna see her brother today. Her brother, and for a little bit, Pinkpaw didn't think she had one of those. She had sisters... and then she had a big sister, staying a secret in horseplace. And then she had a big brother too! One with a white coat like Heavy Snow's and who liked to smile just like her. And for some reason he wasn't in WindClan... Pinkpaw thinks its weird, how much kin they had not in WindClan, for some reason.

" Where is he? Where is he? " she squeals, searching the clearing for someone that fit the description. The darkness cast weird shadows, like... was that a grey cat, or actually a white one when the sun was high? " Do you think he'll like us? Is he excited? " How did he and Brightshine talk, while he was somewhere else? Did they whisper messages through the trees? Tweet at birds, and then they tweeted it right back at them? There were few cats that could be him... fewer that weren't Heavy Snow or one of RiverClan's Medicine Cats. Closer, they're creeping to a suspicious white coat. Pinkpaw scrutinizes him. She needs a peek of his face for absolute, proof

" AHHHHHHHH! " she immediately screams upon seeing it. Her scream could be louder, to be clear, but it's good that it isn't because it's less likely to turn heads that way. Really, she's exuding a lot of self control! His smile is totally squishing the rest of his face, and not in the normal good way, but in an, I'm-way-too-huge-and-there's-no-room-please-make-room, I'm-gonna-have-to-shove-everything-else-outta-the-way-to-make-space way. And his eyeballs look so uncomfortable, which she didn't know was possible, and he's just... um... like...

She's silent as she observes all of this, watching him with a small ( but blank ) smile. As if suddenly remembering why they're here, she asks politely, " Are you Mallowlark? " And then, " Doesn't your face hurt? " She'd like to know regardless of if he was Mallowlark or not.

Sounded like someone broke a leg, but it was just his sister apparently- his baby sister! At last, the earth had looked upon them all so kindly- had called them all hear, whispering in the ears of their leaders, pulling the strings so this meeting may happen. He was smiling even wider than ever, ever ever before. Had to make a great first impression, after all- so his eyes were all wide too, matching the full moon.

"Wow, you've got a gift, kid! That's me." He swayed on the spot with joy, staring down at her. Wow, she was still so small... none of Heavy Snow's bulk had been shoved into her, clearly! And the other one- he could guess, that had to be Downypaw- also wasn't hulking, tall like him, like their father. And he wasn't even related to Heavy Snow! He giggled behind his fangs, an uncontrollable thing- pupils flicked up to his mother, glimmering with joy.

"Look at 'em walking! Feels like yesterday you told me they'd popped up," and he snorted at the thought, the idea of them sprouting out of the earth like nothing at all... and he was dying in that memory, but being told about kittens- baby siblings! That made it all better. And now those moors weren't decaying at Sootstar's slimy paws, maybe it'd be a better place. And oh, he hoped they wouldn't drift into Fourtrees trying to listen for ghosts!

Doesn't your face hurt? That little voice piped up again- Mallowlark's head snapped to the side, like a shattering shin. "Nope!" Emphatically said, and his head drooped even further to the side. Oh, his head could roll right off! "My face went numb when I was your age! Doesn't hurt so long as I'm makin' everyone else smile, too." Didn't always work, of course- he wasn't quite his mother- but who were they to know?
☺PENNED BY PIN

• Wow
Reactions: PINKSHINE
It is Mallowlark! And it makes sense... If she squints closely enough, he kinda reminds her of Brightshine... and he reminds her of Heavy Snow too! His smile is more persistent than even her... their mom's. A small laugh is hidden behind his teeth, and Pinkpaw works her jaw, wondering if she sounded like that when she laughed... Well, it's not a bad laugh. It would be much better if she closed her eyes, or if he softened his face... She's not sure how good of a job at bringing smiles someone could be doing if it made the other cat wanna close their eyes... Maybe SkyClan (?) was sooo super sad that they demanded the most extra wide of smiles to go about their days... That'd really be saying something. WindClan can be pretty sad already, sometimes...

" Nuh - uh! Not yesterday! " she makes sure he knows. " And I walk real good, too!" She puts one paw in front of the other, a white paw coming to place itself next to Mallowlark's dark ones. Obviously, he would be a moor - runner... Was a moor - runner? He doesn't get tired apparently, he says, and Pinkpaw finds herself trying to mimic him with a suddenly too - large feeling head lulling to the side.

" Oh! " she exclaims, understanding quickly enough that she can finally be a thousand times sure that this is her brother... Maybe... she didn't understand him because he was that much ahead of her? But then... she understood Brightshine just fine! " Well when I smile a lot... When I'm super happy, like this: " She puts on her biggest, widest smile ever, and she wonders if they look alike at all... but unlike him, she lets her eyes smile, too " My face gets achey! But if I do a smile like this: " She sets herself back to her resting face, a small, polite, and cute smile. " I'm okay! Your face didn't have to go numb at all, big brother! " She tacks it on just to say it. Cause it feels like, novel and stuff to have a brother. " And then you'd be super cute, too! "