karma is the thunder // minnow

Sep 23, 2022
*:・゚✧☁ ⋯ Scales glitter in the sunlight, gleams of silver and red as they're hoisted onto the shore. Gloompaw's eyes track their progress, and it's only after the second fish that she realizes she's been staring jealously at the catches. For way too long. The wind had shifted to a fiercer, but still pleasant, gust.

She's never been interested in anything to do with the water. It'd been fine at first, especially when she was a kit and usually unable to break free of camp because of it. But now was different. RiverClan was her home now, and yes, there were other more land-y clans, but this one had found her first. Water was such an important part of her clanmate's lives now, and it felt like she wasn't fully integrated into their lives without loving it.

Some drypaws have exceptions -- they almost drowned, or one of their family members did, or any of the various reasons someone would be a drypaw in a swimming clan. Gloompaw just didn't like the water. Nothing had happened to her to make her that way, and she felt like she should be able to fix it, then.

"Hi," she approaches Minnowpaw, a touch quieter than her usual greetings. "How do you, like... do that? Fish?"

@Minnowpaw

( ) Minnowpaw had learned the art of remaining as still as stone fairly early on. Sitting and being silent was practically a gift, and honestly being near the river and watching the waters flow by was one of her favorite things to do, especially when the day had been especially stressful.

At this moment, her copper eyes were trained on her namesake, a small minnow that was swimming just below the water's surface her paw was about to strike out to catch it when a shadow casts over the water beside her and scares it away. A soft greeting would touch her ears, and instead of being upset about her lost fish, she was shyer about the sudden appearance of a clanmate.

Looking up at the younger face of Gloompaw, the silver Somali would relax and offer the she-cat a soft smile, "Oh...um...h-hello." The returned greeting was barely audible, but the kindness and patience in her gaze were genuine, "Oh, m-my mentor taught me how. But it took me a long time before I was any good at it." Her tail would swish lightly behind her before her gaze flickered between Gloompaw and the river before she stuttered shyly, "D-Do you want me to teach you?"

( BUT I WATCH YOUR EYES AS SHE; WALKS BY )