Kate Mccannon | Play Houndthistle's Kittypet ex-lover?

Angelkisses

O DEATH. BECOME MY BLADE, ONCE MORE.
Jun 26, 2022

Hyello! So I play Houndthistle over in Windclan, he's a sort of withdrawn, violent dude but I had an idea for in his past, before joining windclan, he had a kittypet lover. The story basically follows that Houndthistle loved them, was absolutely head over heels for her, but he didn't want to live with twolegs and they didn't want to leave her twolegs, therefore they broke it of amicably. But i had the plot idea that perhaps this lover makes an appearance in his life again, causing him have to choose over being the mindless soldier he's been fine being and the call of his heart. This could also be upped due to him possibly gaining a lover in Windclan(drama :))

The only requirements I have is that the cat was a former/current kittypet, is around 30 moons give or take, and is female-aligned. Cat could be fixed or not, though Houndthistle never did father kits with this cat if they are afab(we could maybe talk about that for a future plot point though teehee) other than that, have fun! I think it could be neat if she joined/joins skyclan, pushing more of that hostility between the clans and creating more drama throughout it on a smaller scale.

So i'd been toying with bringing this gal here anyways; and thought she might maybe fit

SOOTSPRITE
I know exactly what I want and who I want to be

Sootsprite | unknown warrior name
reasoning: named 'sootsprite' by her twolegs for her messy black fur;

31 months old
birthdate: 06/31

demi-girl [afab]
uses feminine/gender-neutral pronouns (she/they)

demiromantic | demisexual | ambiamorous
prefers a strong partner

kittypet | future skyclan daylight warrior

longhaired black ghost tabby with low white + curly fur
a tangle of limbs and curls at first glance, Sootsprites name fits her quite aptly. small in stature but well proportioned, she looks more like an apprentice than a fully grown cat most days. she leans a bit towards the heavier side, never really having lost her kittenfat and never having gone without food a day in her life. rich charcoal locks shimmer like the inky night sky, faint tabby stripes revealed only in the right lighting. splashes of white decorate her underbelly and face like constellations, and round golden amber eyes finish off her rather striking appearance.
one flopped ear due to a cartilage injury as a kitten
smells strongly of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice
accessories: wears a bright yellow and white plaid patterned bowtie collar; ref

loyal | selfish | loving | self-indulgent
positive: enthusiastic, intelligent, perseverant, protective, social
neutral: excitable, energetic, emotional, easily distracted, passive
negative: naive, prideful, possessive, obsessive, solitary, distrusting

a bright and energetic molly, at first glance sootsprite is no more than your average kittypet - all sunshine and smiles and utterly sheltered, far to naive about the world around her. she wears her heart on her sleeve, every emotion clearly visible on her face, unable to tell a lie to save her life. friendly and rather sociable, despite her seemingly outgoing nature there is little of substance to be gleaned at first glance - she is not a trusting sort of cat, keeping her cards close to her chest. passive and rather amoral, there is very little that gets under her skin, and she's equally as likely to stand by and watch someone get hurt as she is to help them. with an attention span rivaling that of a toddler, she flits about from task to task, following her whims and flights of fancy until inevitably growing bored of whatever has currently caught her eye and leaving it in the dust. a rather selfish and indulgent feline, she knows what she wants and goes after it with unerring determination - allowing nothing short of death or injury to get in her way. this applies to everything in her life - be it a skill, possession, or person; if she wants it she gets it. she is rather intelligent, though her knowledge is eclectic and varies wildly depending on what intruiges her. what she does put her mind to learning is picked up quickly, taking to learning like a fish to water. very few things in life are truly 'hers' and she treasures them like dragon with its hoard - protective, possessive, never letting go if she can help it. this is especially obvious in her relationships - she is fiercely loyal and protective of her twolegs for example, and the few cats who get passed her walls are just as fiercely loved.

romeo x valentine | gen 01
1 npc littermate (tbd, tbd)
2 npc siblings (tbd, tbd)
other relations: n/a

ambivert
forms platonic relationships easily but takes effort to form meaningful connections
hard to form romantic relationships with; needs deep trust and connection first

oooo i love her !!
I definitely think her personality probably would have pulled Houndthistle in and perhaps, at first, she did play with the idea of running away with him, but instead of them amicably breaking it off, she stood him up for when they were supposed to run away? 👀 Especially if she ended up snapping out of the delusion of being a loner cat away from her twolegs at first

Exactly! I figured it ended up ultimately being a last minute choice for her and her loyalty to her twolegs won out by the teeniest of margins. She likely never truly moved on, not necessarily obsessing over Houndthistle but her feelings certainly never faded if only because it was so abrupt and there was never any real closure. I'd think that her time with him is also what spurs her to join skyclan - all the freedom of the wild without having to commit to leaving her twolegs the way she would have with him.