keep your stance wide // cold

dbk3fn0-1dd883ac-b75e-4c8c-9aee-5f7bbdfc4056.png

@Coldpaw | Coldkill

There are cold eyes that stared at her apprentice, irritation bubbling up inside of her as a paw whacked gently at the tom's flank. His stance was too low, too uneven. She wondered then, why Sootstar would task her with training a child. The very thought made her swim with frustration.

"Stand up. You're going to get sore from crouching so low." She scolded the tom calmly, watching him with intent.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-11.jpg
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

Cold was doing his best to bite back a growl of annoyance. They'd been going at this for almost an hour now and no amount of adjusting his positions seemed to satisfy Hyacinth. He was either too low, or too high, his feet to close or too far apart. It was frustrating, because for the last 3 months the tom had been simply teaching himself. And maybe the stances and crouches weren't perfect, but they got the job done. So why then, was he now being forced to relearn everything the 'right' way?

"Like this?" he asked, trying to keep the edge from his words as he lifted himself a bit off the ground, enough to keep from brushing against every blade of grass he stalked by, but low enough to keep him hidden.

He was trying to make the most of this whole thing, to take having a lead warrior for a mentor as something to be proud of, but it was hard when he and Hyacinth seemed to be constantly on the verge of arguing. The shecat was intteligent and loyal, a capable cat that anyone would have been pleased to have been assigned to, but in some ways her and Cold were just too much alike; impatient, irritable, and cycnical. It made their training sessions difficult to say the least, but Cold wasn't one to throw in the towel without giving it a good run.

windclan apprentice - male - 8 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes