private KICKING UP THE DUST [ignition]

Jan 10, 2024
The day is warm, and the black paths of the twolegplace threaten to scorch her paw pads when Sangriapaw attempts to cross them. In an effort to rescue her delicate paws, the girl decides not to make the journey to SkyClan today—if she burns her paws, then she won’t be able to do any apprentice stuff anyway. At least this way, she doesn’t have to listen to anybody laughing at her or whispering behind her back. Maybe they’ll just talk about her while she’s gone, and she’ll never have to hear their words. But just because she isn’t going to SkyClan today doesn’t mean the torbie doesn’t want to do some patrolling of her own. She doesn’t even need Johnnyflame to go on any patrols around the twolegplace! The girl doesn’t often go exploring on her own, but today is different. Today, she didn’t ask if she could leave. Her mama won’t mind too much, she hopes.

Hopping across thin sun-warmed paths and staying far from the oily surfaces of the ground, the girl makes her way between houses and fences. The grass isn’t so hot, at least, and she’s glad. But the grass is also distracting, because while she’s sinking her toes into it and admiring how soft and cooled-off it is, she doesn’t notice another cat sitting nearby. When she finally does notice him, the fluffy torbie turns to the other cat with a bright smile. "Oh, hi! I didn’t see ya there," she chirps out with a friendly flickering of a ringed tail. The stranger doesn’t look too scary, so that must mean he’s nice, she thinks. He’s even got a collar around his neck, and his ears are funny-looking. He’s definitely a kittypet, probably. "I’m Sangriapaw. From SkyClan! Where’re you from?"

• ooc: @IGNITION
  • 78265045_tUGqQTyXuIRKc1K.png
    SANGRIAPAW ❯❯ she/her, daylight apprentice of skyclan
    cinnamon torbie with white spotting and vibrant leaf-green eyes. bold, bright, and curious.
    daughter of fantastream & figfeather ; sister to coffeepaw
    mentored by johnnyflame
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

✮ ⋆ ˙  Ignition is getting much better at finding shady spots to hide out. His pads are growing far too cracked from walking on pavement, a fact that sits sourly in his stomach. What he couldn't give for a little pampering right now.

But ah - such is his lot in life. His keeper abandoned him, and he will not go crawling back to another foxhearted twoleg. He's content (he tells himself) to bask in the sun and the feeling of grass between his toes. To watch the other cats from a much closer vantage than he ever had in his high rise home.

He is quiet until he is noticed. "Oh! Why hello, little firebrand," he trills, smile curling across his maw. He does not even need to ask to be offered information about the stranger, and he returns it (nearly) in kind. "Me?" A burnished paw finds its way to his chest, mismatched eyes widening in mock-surprise. "Oh, terribly far from here. A twoleg nest way up in the clouds -" The paw sweeps upwards. "But I'm afraid I was cast out... And now I wander these streets alone," he finishes with a soft sigh.

Gold light glints off of the tom's eye, his head tilting to the side. "Though I much prefer it to - SkyClan, you said?" He's met them a few times, all haughty and gaurded. Never ones for sharing with cats like him. His tail flicks. "I never did trust them very much. No offense meant, of course, I'm sure you're a wonderful young cat." His smile is one of bared teeth and sweet serpent venom. He watches closely for a reaction.

• ignore that this is 3 months late, i had it sitting in my drafts and felt suddenly compelled to finish it
  • 79604339_gomTw2tfmqzfYkT.png

"SPEECH"
  • IGNITION he / him, twolegplace rogue, een moons.
    a curly-eared tabby of swirling black and deep red-brown bearing a burgundy collar.
    left eye is blind and permanently dilated.
    charming and manipulative, willing to do anything to get ahead.
    npc xx npc, former kittypet.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.