camp killing butterflies — learning battle moves [ pafp ]

it's not my fault i have my father's eyes .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
It wasn’t unusual to see the younger apprentice train until he was good and sore, collapsing from exhaustion into a familiar nest, but now the apprentice den was something he avoided. He’d gotten away with sleeping outside, away from the claustrophobic atmosphere to stare at the stars and observe the insomniac cats like himself.

He was near the nursery, staring with a sense of hallowed fondness when he’d licked away at a treat that Hazelbeam brought to share to watching his siblings, tucked away from the entrance. He liked to observe, not too keen on joining them unless they dragged him into it.

Littlepaw paused, staring down at the Riverclan kit with blank optics, silent. He didn’t see the harm in, asking if the other wanted to know one of the more common positions he taught himself, not as well fined, but he wanted to surprise his mentor when it was time. “I learned a battle tactic. Do you want to learn it?” He was blunt, waiting for the kit’s response.

/ please wait for @Nettlekit
thought speech

NETTLEKIT ♂
RIVERCLAN
KITTEN
TWO MOONS
BLIND IN BOTH EYES
BIOGRAPHY AND TAGS
APPRENTICED TO NONE
PLAYED BY SHEOGORATH

He sits in a patch of sun, staring sightlessly with eyes of green colored frost. Recent events brought grim tidings and thoughts of despair, but the boy could do nothing but endure. He tries to distract himself with a bit of half-hearted grooming, but finds his mind wanders far too much for his liking. So of course, when the opportunity to focus on something else presented itself, he was more than eager to seize the chance. Though blind as he is, those clouded eyes settle sharply upon Littlepaw's position as the RiverClan youth dips his head with an affirmative nod.

"Yes." Nettlekit responds with equal bluntness. He rises to his paws and flicks his tail through the dry forest air. "I'll be an apprentice, soon." He assures, as if to encourage the other to teach.