pafp laugh it off [pafp]

Jan 19, 2024
Lightpaw gave a half hearted sigh and shook out her pelt. She was bored and couldn't think of what to do. She'd gone so far as to count her pawsteps around camp. There was approximately eighty-seven, for the record. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she happened to spot none other than @Palepaw sitting not too far from her. Also, presumably, not doing anything. Lightpaw bounced over to her, smiling brightly. "Hey, Palepaw! What's up?" she mewed brightly.
[ MAYBE THIS TIME I'LL WIN ]

Palepaw was feeling rather worn down recently. Whether it was due to the increased intensity of her training due to her warrior ceremony coming up, or just the general awfulness of leafbare, she didn't know. But any free moment she'd had recently had been spent resting, soaking up what little rays of sunshine these cold days had to offer. She'd finished her chores for the day, having just spent the last few hours changing the moss in the elder's den, and had found a little patch of sunlight in the center of the camp. She no longer even cared if she was in the way of the general hustle and bustle of her clanmates; they could go around her for all she cared, nothing would move her from the hard swath of earth where she was currently stretched out.

The long-haired molly had been leisurely cleaning her claws of lingering scraps of moss, her sharp canines tugging at a particularly stubborn piece when suddenly she heard her name being called from somewhere nearby. Palepaw glanced upwards to see that it was Lightpaw who was now suddenly standing in front of her, grinning down at her expectantly. 'What's up?' "Uhhhmm..." The pointed she-cat was a bit unsure how to answer, her eyes flickering around as if to make sure that the other apprentice actually was talking to her. Finally she looked back at the silver tabby, her brow furrowed in obvious confusion. "Nothing, clearly... What's... up with you..?" Was she being pranked, or was Lightpaw really that bored?

The molly's grin faltered slightly. Maybe her decision to speak to her friend had been a wrong one at this moment. Nonetheless she was there and she certainly wasn't going to make it worse. Probably. "Well, nothing," she mewed. She gathered her paws under her, partially to seem more comfortable in the energy of this interaction, and partially to warm them under her body. "I was hoping we could talk, I dunno what about yet," she added, cringing inwardly. "Oh, we could speculate on what our warrior names are gonna be, or we could, um, I dunno..."
Could you be any more awkward, Lightpaw? she thought, adjusting her tail.

"If you two have nothing better to do the elders den could always use a good cleaning" the dark-pelted warrior interjects, though the smile that plays upon his lips suggest that he is mostly joking. When he was the age of Lightpaw and Palepaw it was rare that he ever caught a spare moment in between chores and training. Emberstar had instilled in him a diligent work ethic, one that had carried over even into his training under another name, and one that he hopes to instill in all of his apprentices as well. But neither Palepaw or Lightpaw were under his tutelage. And besides, he had since learned that a rest was needed every now and then. Now that he was an adult and didn't have to work nearly as hard to prove himself anymore. Now that he and everyone else knew that his place was rooted so firmly in ThunderClan.

He remembers, too, when his warrior ceremony was coming up, how excited he was to stand before his grandmother and hear the name she had chosen for him. She had picked well, a name that represented strength and honor is what he had been given alongside something that memorialized his uncle's name. It had been perfect. "Your warrior ceremonies are close. Are either of you nervous?" he finds himself asking, ear twitching as he speaks.

Pale ears perked at the sound of Burnstorm's voice. Am I nervous? Of course I am, she thought. She wished she could've learned some grace by now. Lightpaw looked over to the older tom. "Nervous? No way," she lied, smiling. Fake it 'til you make it, right? What's the worst that could happen?