laughing on the outside &. flower picking

QUIETSTREAM.

flower girl.
Jun 10, 2022
poppy was hostile. it wasn't a surprise to anyone. naturally, she just pushed others away. however, for whatever reason, quietpaw hadn't been one of those cats. maybe it was because she was typically less loud and rambunctious than the typical cat, or maybe it was because poppysplash didn't have the energy to tell someone like quietpaw no. quietpaw didn't mind either way. but, quietpaw felt bad lately. poppysplash notable had been hiding her face from everyone, and quiet picked up on it. she hadn't even been putting flowers in her fur like usual, and quietpaw noticed that too. so, she wanted to do her a favor. they wanted to pick her flowers. poppysplash was out on a patrol, but there were plenty of cats around that could go with them.

"can, uh, does.. anyone mind..? I want to... go pick some flowers...?"
[ WISH YOU WERE GAY ]

GOT A HEAD FULL OF SPIDERS

Frostpaw had nothing better to do, she was just settled watching the others from where she sat. Cautious of the shadowy figure of Spiderfall who seemed to be making his normal routine, she had noticed him slipping into the medicine cat den a few times and she thought it had been perchance that the tom was getting sick and she thought about checking in on him but her attention was drawn towards Quietpaw, a face she has hardly seen outside of a few times, asking if anyone wanted to go pick flowers. Frostpaw's tail swished before she approached with a gentle smile on her maw. "I would love to join if you'll have me? I'm Frostpaw by the way, I don't think we met" the she-cat spoke warmly to the other, perhaps a good chance in making a new friend...?
"speak""Thoughts"[/COLOR]​

Fernpaw had a lot of stones, rocks and feathers- but no flowers. At Quietpaw's characteristic offer, her voice hesitant and wispy, the tiny ginger tom's attention lifted from his meal, bug-eyes settling steadfast upon the other apprentice. Toddling up beside Frostdrop, movement tippling and clumsy, the congenitally ugly child let a goofy grin decorate his too-tiny maw.

"I'll come! Do y'know some good spots?" Their territory was not particularly known for an abundance of flowers- often it was simply strewn with rocks or riverside reeds, though perhaps he had been so focused on his training recently that he had simply failed to notice any blooms. Glittering in eyes of kitten-blue was a gleam that clearly read impressed, for the knowledge implied already floored him. Childishly, he hoped to retain any particularly good spots and later pass them off like he had tracked them down himself.
( penned by pin )

Clayfur has always been the type to enjoy flowers—they’re pretty things, and he just loves pretty things. But he hasn’t ever dedicated a time to simply going out and picking them, which is just a shame, really. So when he hears Quietpaw’s question, the chocolate-striped tom perks up a bit, nearly tripping over his paws to stand. Fernpaw—it’s still so strange to think he’s old enough to be a paw—and Frostpaw both state their interest, so he doesn’t feel too out of place.

Trotting over to join them, he cheers, "I’ll come with you!" Maybe he can find some flowers for himself, to give to some of the cats he admires. Houndsnarl is deserving of at least one flower. And of course Clearsight—he deserves the world, but a few flowers will have to do. Perhaps Dogteeth would enjoy a flower, maybe one that matches his eyes. Would Cicadastar snap at Clay for giving him a flower? Buck should get one too, and if he gets one for her he’ll have to give one to Lightningstone as well. Maybe Icesparkle and Lily would appreciate them, too. That’s a lot of flowers I need to get.
[ WHAT'S MY AGE AGAIN? ]

AS FAR AS I'VE HEARD, THE FIGHT'S STILL ON

Kelpie has always preferred hunting for shells over flower picking, but she'd never been one to turn down an opportunity to make friends and get to know new people. "I'll tag along if you don't mind!" she chirrups cheerfully, striding over on long-legs with an easygoing confidence. She gives clayfur a brief nod - the only one she's more than just passingly familiar with - and turns her attention to the younger cats before her. Such a variety of faces here - all with such odd names. She knows absently her own will be changed soon - it leaves an anxious, uncharacteristically bitter feel in her chest; but she want's to make this work as long as she can. It's not as if she has a home to return to anymore. A shake of her head brushes away those melancholy thoughts, and she does her best to focus on something positive - like the fact she's going to go pick pretty flowers!

− ♱ ABOUT : his child’s voice. it was still almost new to him, in the light of day — within earshot of strangers and big, scary cats they had once been so afraid of. the kitten was growing up, indeed. it brings a smile to his bicolored face, frigid luminaries alight with life as he approaches quickly and rounds his child once, twice, enveloping her in his dark curls and giving her velveteen cheek a quick nuzzle, “ flowers, huh? “ the man purrs, releasing her little form to stand tall alongside clayfur, “ lead us along, vöglein. i’m sure we can find some good spots out near the bridge. “ their territory was not overgrown with flowers worth keeping, though intercut with scatterings of wildflower and water hyacinth as it was. frostpaw introduces herself and the man watches, icy luminaries only pulling away as fernpaw arrives, toddling forward upon ginger paws and flashing a too - toothy, too - tiny grin. despite the child’s unsightly looks, he feels the kindlings of pride burn within his ribcage, a warm smile coming to settle upon his lax features.

he chuckles, casting his soft gaze towards the tabby to his side, “ walk with me there, clayfur? “ he murmurs, leaning down to speak quieter, amusement riding the ends of his purring tone. he was a sweet tom, and while he wasn’t particularly close with him, he couldn’t help the gentle tone he takes. and if he were trying to fluster him, no one could prove a thing, “ ive not an eye for flowers, really. perhaps you could show me?

• CICADASTAR ; he / him. roughly thirty seven months old, riverclan leader
    − handsome, lanky black smoke tortie chimera with curly fur and icy blue eyes
    − gay. speaks with a thick german accent, former marsh cat, penned by antlers

• none.