private lay me down in golden dandelions — sunflowerpaw

── .∘°°∘. ── He remembers when first he saw Sunflowerpaw. Wolfsong had found himself stacking stones in the way of his mother, her memory occupying his mind when he needed familiarity. When he invited the others to join the game, Sunflowerkit had examined the stones with a quiet intellect that drew Wolfsong's focus and sparked the recognition of potential. It is too easy to value physical excellence at the detriment of one's mind, to train warriors on instinct alone— and Wolfsong, perhaps for the difficulties he faced as a small child, values cleverness. Where before he was uncertain whether he was interested in an apprentice, he was then assured of it. Sootstar must have heard his thoughts when she trusted their training to him.

And now they are– and he is–

"I intend to learn how to better treat wounds like yours," he says suddenly, shifting to face their round eyes at the outskirts of camp. They have endured much of late, though this is not how I would have seen it happen, had I the choice. "You have healed and worked to do so, but if I could have eased that burden, I would have."
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 36 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge. — ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know— he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel." — ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you. — ☆☆☆☆☆ KITTING: He doesn't remember what it was like to be born. Coincidentally, that is the extent of his familiarity with kitting. At least he won't leave you without moral support.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you. — ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.