pafp learning to unwind .. hunting

can we leave it behind? It was the time of day where the Sun had reached its peak, sunlight filtered through the thick pine branches. The heat made the marsh humid, and if it weren't for Sabletuft's thin wiry pelt he might have started to grumble halfway through the patrol about how unbearable this Greenleaf was becoming. Instead he noticed how the heat had brought the tide down in the marsh, exposing a collection of frogs and toads beneath.

"I'm taking my chances down here. Siltcloud, try to corral them out of shallow waters and onto the mud. It'll be easier to catch them when they're further from the water." Sabletuft directed with a gesture of his tail for where she could go. He steadied his paws on the edge of the muddy reserve, leaning on his back paws so not to slip headfirst into the mire. — tags

-- pls wait for @Siltcloud. to post first!

THERE'S A HOLE IN MY SOUL ( I CAN'T FILL IT )
siltcloud | 12 months | female | she/her | physically medium | mentally hard | attack in bold #905d5d
A silent nod from siltcloud is the only response, the dust hued molly easily vanishing into the marsh after receiving her orders. This is what she's good at after all - following orders. She waits until she is close enough, trying to find the right angle and take in the best possible path. Really, she see's no other way - her slim figure leaping from behind the slimy-creatures, paws smacking wetly into the water as she sinks within. Her sacrifice is worth it however - with their predator now in the water with them, at least a good few of the creatures decide that land must be the safer option.

Sharppaw is amongst them, listening as Sabletuft gruffs an order to Siltcloud with a keen eye trained on a pool of smooth heads and sticky legs. It's strange to watch frogs lounging about. When they're not kicking up dust to evade ShadowClan jaws they appear oddly peaceful. They lazed about in the same way ShadowClan was beginning to grow comfortable. Maybe the frogs were more like neighbors than prey. ShadowClan's version of hungry cats had just been... sickness, or something. Rubber - black lips jut slightly with a frown. His musings are worthless, really.

Siltcloud follows wordlessly; unconsciously. She does not utter question nor otherwise despite her status as a warrior now. Sharppaw finds that strange. Her own paws feel caked in dirt.

According to plan, the serenity there may have been is broken and the frogs go flying. Sharppaw moves into action too late. Too slow. Prey is practically herded into his gaping maw and he still nearly misses.

He doesn't, though. He snaps a frog between his jaws. His eyes are dull as he acknowledges it. It was nothing to feel proud of.

The plan was nothing worth a lick behind the ears, either.