camp LEAVING LONDON — GATHERING MUSING

Stormpaw had not been chosen—or with Owlear rather—to go to a gathering for quite some moons now. She remembered her first as clear as day—she had been so proud sitting with her mother and father. She remembered the time lightning had struck Sootstar's spot, and she remembered her last when she had met that troublesome, but rather beautiful torbie she-cat. All she could gleam from those meetings was that WindClan was bad, RiverClan was more bad, and ThunderClan was the best Clan.

The tricolor apprentice was lounging in camp instead, paws tucked under her as she looked up toward the moon. Even if she was not chosen to go, those that stayed behind had an important duty to watch the camp, right? She purred to herself for comfort. Any cat or group of cats that did not fear StarClan could attack them at this moment when they were most vulnerable without their deputy and leader or medicine cat.

Still, her childlike curiosity wondered about what they were saying. Envy still gnawed at her belly. Stormpaw sighed and rested her chin on the ground. "What do you think is happening?" She murmured. "I wonder if that... strange, scary RiverClan leader is threatening to take our Sunningrocks away." They had been awfully silent about it as of late.

// takes place during the gathering!

War weighin' on my heart but I can't fall
Just like Stormpaw he too remained home. He might not have been the one picked for this moon's gathering but that was quite alright with him. While he often found the politics involved interesting, the shouting matches some of the leaders got into upon the great rock dulled the experience. The grey warrior tilts his head in the direction of the young apprentice, bottle brush tail flicking idly against his flank in consideration. "I'd like to assume general news about new births, apprenticeships, and warriorhood." The usual. "I wonder if Blazestar will comment on windclan's attempted sneak attack." Silverlightning murmurs, paws crossing one over the other. "Although, that too, is a rather common occurrence. The attacks." It was a miracle thunderclan was able to avoid turmoil with them for as long as they have.

His gaze sweeps over the entrance again before glancing back at Stormpaw with a low hum. "I would not be surprised if they have some kind of plan in the works." Riverclan were no different than windclan in his opinion. The water dwellers were just sneaky, where the moorlanders were more upfront and bold.
Seekin' shelter from the storm on this blank road

He's laying in the entrance of the nursery, partially paying attention to the discussion and partially keeping an eye on the kits his body has successfully blocked from getting out unless they put in the effort of crawling over him; thankfully they were all sleeping now given the lateness of it all. The moon illuminated the camp enough he can make out Stormpaw's spotted form hunched nearby Silverlightning as the two comment on the Gathering itself. He'd not gone to one in so long, had been allowed at a previous one before the kits but declined; a little too nervous to have any desire to force socializing with the other clans. They made him too uneasy, he found it difficult to grasp the idea of being in a collective group of those who might one day try to kill them in battle. He wonders if Howlingstar thinks the same when she stands upon the stone and meets the eye of the RiverClanner who took her life.
The concerns over Sunningrocks peeks his interest more sharply and he shifts so he can settle his head on his paws facing their direction, he does have to raise his voice just a bit to join the chatter due to the distance but it maintains its low rumble of a sound so as not to disturb his kits or the other queens.
"I agree with Silverlightning, I wouldn't put it past RiverClan to try something...though I don't think the Gathering is the opening they'd seek." Most clans respected the gathering time, if any of them decided to abuse the brief peace he imagined it might be WindClan who thought themselves highly enough to demand a path through another's territory just to attack SkyClan.

She couldn't remember if she had been to a gathering. If she had, it took away time to sleep, then time from learning. She probably hadn't wanted to, and her head only held important information anyways.

Barleypaw was cleaning her previously white paws, still caked with mud from her hunting training earlier.

"It would be weird, having a war go on, while forcing to sit yourself with cats who are distasteful," she commented, unsure is her wording was correct. She couldn't imagine being able to sit near somebody who took a life, and carried on as if it was nothing. "i imagine they would be dumb to try something at a gathering with other clans present. Allyships can turn into hostile matters I hear, by breaking the peace at a gathering."

Lily thinks back to her most recent interaction with the RiverClan patrol at Sunningrocks the other day. They had seemed rather peaceful, and like they didn't want to start any wars, but she could have been blinded by the fact that Lakemoon was there.

"I don't know, I doubt anyone would cause issues at the gathering. I doubt even WindClan would start a war there." She nods at the additions made by her clanmates. "It certainly would be, Barleypaw."
[ earth girl ]

Chickadeepaw huffed from her spot, a long, dramatic exhale that perfectly encapsulated all of her childish angst in the moment. It was so unfair that Lichenpaw always got to go to the Gathering and she could only go if Whitelion was attending and was gracious enough to let her tag along. Of course, Lichenpaw would fill her in later, but for now it was torture waiting. So, so, so unfair!

"I hope it rains all over them so stinky Sootstar can get a bath!" She offers from her pouty perch, suddenly reminded of the brief encounter she had with that one SkyClan patrol not too long ago. "And then Blazestar can shove her face in mud again and then... and then that'll show her! Twice!"

you want a battle ? i'll give you a war .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

Dovepaw sniffled a quiet laugh at his littermate, sitting beside them, gaze jumping from cat to cat as they spoke, soaking in the information like a wet sponge. He wondered how someone could willingly fight another clan for something … something—Dovepaw wasn’t sure. He understood not everyone shared that ideal, some willingly wanting to draw blood for an unknown need that the apprentice could never hope to understand.

Maybe one day, but he hoped that day would never come. To willingly take another life? He wouldn’t know what to do! Unless—Shaking his helm, the once bright-eyed apprentice remained silent, subconsciously tucking himself further into his hide to conceal the scarred flesh.
thought speech