camp LEGACY — o, blazestar stories

LIONPAW

LOOKING LIKE A TRUE SURVIVOR
Mar 3, 2024
It had taken a lot of courage, but the chocolate torbie point had mustered the courage to venture out of the nursery and approach a group of cats sharing tongues in the middle of camp. A gnawing curiosity was enough to motivate the soft-spoken kit to veer outside of their comfort zone. Their clanmates were nice and all; it was just... daunting, interacting with cats who weren't your kin.

"Uhm, excuse me..." Lionkit mews, flicking their ears back slightly, regarding the other felines with a curious blue gaze. "If... you're not busy, uhm, d'you think you could tell me a story about Blazestar?" Lionkit didn't care what kind of story it was; they just wanted to know more about their father. Bobbie had told her children stories of their late father, but Lionkit was beginning to wonder what their clanmates remembered of him, too. Maybe they knew stuff that Bobbie didn't!

•  
  • 78922242_RoBq9inRj8ibOv1.png
  • 79110682_4AHaCt43N8s9eS5.png
    lionkit
    he/they; kit of skyclan
    longhaired chocolate torbie point with blue eyes
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    link to full tags; @ on discord or dm @beaaats for plots!​

• Crying
Reactions: Sorrelsong

𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 Hollykit is drawn to stories like a moth to flames, and so of course she is quick on her brother's tail. "Blazestar, Blazestar!" the mottled kit crows, as though cheering him on. Her eyes glitter as she settles her gaze upon Lionkit, as though proud of him for asking. "Greatest leader the clans've ever seen!" Bobbie's stories of her father have always been her favorite. She'd never even thought to ask the other cats for Blazestar stories - Bobbie knew him best, of course.

But what if she didn't What if other cats knew things that Bobbie didn't? From the beginning of the clan, or even older? Lionkit is so smart for asking. She wants to know everything. Collect all the little scraps she can of her father, little pieces of fading sunlight. It's the only way she can know him, hold him in her tiny paws. Even if he can't be here with her, she can remake him from a patchwork of stories. Keep him alive, at least a little bit. Hollykit sweeps her fluffy tail around her paws as she comes to sit next to Lionkit. "I'll listen too, 'course." Her face bears an eager smile as she says it, no trace of the hesitance that laces her brother's words.

• 78595156_PHu3ouPV70uRxD0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HOLLYKIT ⚔︎ she / him, kit of skyclan, four moons.
    a small, fluffy kit with mottled fur and deep green eyes.
    bobbie x blazestar; littermate to lionkit & candorkit, kin to many.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
Fireflypaw is curled up alongside his clanmates as they groom each other, sharing tongues and gossiping amongst each other with smiles on their faces. @Honeysplash is close to his side, grooming his neck as he grooms them back. Honey says something about a rumor around camp, but Fireflypaw can barely find interest in the gossip before the sounds of kits grabs his attention. Blazestar? They wanted to know about their dad? Fireflypaw turns towards his golden-colored friend's direction before blinking owlishly- as if surprised by the suddenness of the request for stories.

Hollykit squeaks out that Blazestar was the greatest leader the Clans have seen, and Fireflypaw smiles- silently agreeing with her. His father may have had a few stumbles in his leadership, but in the end, he was grieved by all and respected by many. He places a massive paw over Honeysplash's side, shifting his body to face the direction of the voice of kittens.

"Does anyone have any interesting stories? There must be so many.. Blazestar was idolized by the stars himself, after all."
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 20 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- They had been laying beside the seal point tomcat, trying to help him with his fur and enjoying the warm spring day. Honeysplash was so glad for her friendship with Fireflypaw, he was such a kind soul and they admired his abilities. Also they had spent enough time together in the medicine den to choke a horse, but that was besides the point. The cream warrior was lapping at him when these tiny little voices.

Lionkit skiddered up to them with questions about Blazestar, asking them of stories, and then Hollykit came running up after with the same demanding things. A little chuckle left their lips at the kits excitement and then Fireflypaw asked if anyone had an stories to share. Honeysplash didnt have anything exciting of a story to share with the kits about the past leader.

She had been gone a long time and thus she never got to know the leader truly. Sure he had given her their name, but that was as far as things went. They hadn’t been close but she respected him a lot. “I’d love to hear some too- i think I’ve missed the more memorable times” She mused to the medicine cat.

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

𓆝 . ° ✦

A soft smile finds a home on Sorrelsong's face as she lays in the sun. Stories had brought her to this clan, stories of warriors and freedom and cats with wings - she'd actually believed that with her whole chest - and mutal respect. Stories of being with her brothers again. Stories she was now living - for the most part. Maybe cats got wings in Star Clan?
Eyes still closed, body still sprawled out, a soft chuckle makes it's way out of the molly before she opens her eyes. She sits not to far from Fireflypaw and Honeysplash, well within ear shot but with enough distance that she wouldn't be touching the other two cats. She flicks her tail slowly to gain attention, muling over the words before she speaks them.
"Everything you've heard is true. He was a great leader, and though I didn't get to know him personally, he was admired by many and considered to be their friend. Makes you lucky to be born to Sky Clan," She smiles, half joking. She wished she shared their lineage of capability and courage, something they got inatley by being clan born. "He invited me in when I was just a kittypet and thought Sky Clan cats were called 'Sky Clan' because of their ability to fly." She chuckles softly, blinking langually at the kits.

✧ ° . ✶ . ° ✧
  • ooc:
  • 79245029_MSMKLjq9iPKiqiH.png

SORRELSONG— SHE/HER・ 43 MOONS ・ WARRIOR OF SKY CLAN・ PENNED BY @KEEEKEEEY!
    Once a rather pretty brown smoked molly, Circe is unnaturally lithe and is missing large chunks of her fur. She has an oddly muscular and feminie build and small paws. — physically easy && mentally easy — Attempting to learn Sky Clan's ways — NPC x NPC : Sibling to Duskpool, Shadowfire and Smokefang

It baffled Figfeather how big Bobbie’s kits were getting… The passing of time caused her to fall flat on her rear somedays. How has Blazestar been gone from them this long already? How were they managing to survive without his patience and wisdom? She mourns the light the large Tom had brought to the clan, there wasn’t a day that went by the warrior did not miss her first leader.

Hobbling over she stops near the flank of Sorrelsong who had just finished telling the kits how he had accepted her into the clan. Blazestar had touched countless lives. ”Yes, Blazestar was always kind to me. There had been a few times where I sought his guidance out, he never had hesitated to lend me a paw and his thoughts.” Figfeather tells the kits with a growing smile. ”If you want to hear some really good stories you should ask Butterflytuft. She was his apprentice, you know.” Her sister had spent moons attached to his hip training, she was bound to have plenty of stories about the flame-masked Tom.
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » Mate to Fantastream
    » Sire to Sangriakit & Coffeekit
    » Mentoring Wolfpaw
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and to aid her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

Fluffykit remembers Blazestar in fragments. He'd been gentle enough, visiting the nursery to check on her and her siblings, big and soft-pelted and cream-colored. She can look at Candorkit, Lionkit, and Hollykit and see the resemblances now, although the image she has of Blazestar in her mind has faded and worn. She has always known Orangestar better—the ginger-splashed she-cat had been a frequent face around the nursery when she was growing up, taciturn but fair-minded. The tiny tortoiseshell chimera feels a little sad for her denmates; she's heard Bobbie telling them stories about their father before, but she cannot imagine what it would be like to not have Dandelionwish in SkyClan with her.

She creeps closer, her tufted ears tilted toward Sorrelsong and Figfeather. “You thought cats could fly?" She smiles to take any perceived sting from her words. Kittypets were so silly, weren't they? She turns her attention to her aunt, golden-pelted in the sunlight. She claims Butterflytuft knew more about Blazestar because she'd been his apprentice. The idea startles her. Of course, she knows her parents had once trained under warriors... her father had even trained under a medicine cat before! But Butterflytuft had been Blazestar's apprentice?

That sounds scary," she murmurs. The Clan leader's expectations must have been so high—how could any cat impress such a powerful warrior? “I bet that was real hard." She bobs her head, thoughtful.

• ooc:
  • imfwvC1.jpg
  • Fluffykit, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 5 moons old, ages realistically on the 9th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — skyclan kit. butterflytuft x dandelionwish, gen 3.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh chocolate tortie/cream chimera with jade eyes. frightened, clingy, anxious, gentle.

" Yes! Yes! " Candorkit enters the scene alongside his siblings, whooping at the possibility of stories about Blazestar being thrown their way. Lots of cats gather — and thats the best part. The part about Blazestar that no one directly sad, but that Candorkit has figured out... Cause he didn't have to seek out just his kin to ask about Blazestar. No... lots of cats knew about Blazestar because Blazestar was friends with all of them. Candorkit wanted to be just the same. He wanted to care for every cat, and be cared for by them in turn.

" We can fly? " he asks, awestruck, at the same time Fluffykit says You thought cats could fly? His expression quickly dips into a contemplative frown. Was he or Fluffykit missing something here? You should ask Butterflytuft. He could've been asking Butterflytuft this whole time? Candorkit's head whips toward the nursery, as if scandalized. " She was his apprentice? Wow... "

But then... his face is furrowing in thought again. He tilts his head. " But um... I thought Blazestar woulda trained great warriors, not Butterflytuft. " No offense to her. He loved Butterflytuft... She just wasn't a great warrior, objectively speaking.
EpC61GT.png

• m7kGLl9.png

• 78638407_YRHxSQJ8VnrQxXj.png
    CANDORKIT: HE / HIM; LITTERMATE TO LIONKIT & HOLLYKIT; HALF - BROTHER TO MANY
    fiery lynx point w tawny paws & green eyes. points are still developing.
    Bold, loud, and extravagant, Candorkit idolizes the heroes within stories and goes out of his way to act as they do.

• Haha
Reactions: Marquette
Having been snacking on a small mouse a few pawsteps away, the cinnamon and white feline had been listening in on the conversations. Tattered ears perked up as Fireflypaw called for stories to share. I don't know... Wrapping up their prey he tried his best not to focus too hard on the negatives. It was difficult for him to find the right words, especially when sore subjects were involved.

Only a few moons had passed since Blazestar's passing, and the wounds of his death still felt fresh. Swallowing back the overwhelming pain, he looked to Figfeather with appreciation. The kits deserved to know their father and all the good he had done, even if it meant revisiting unhappy memories. As the youth eagerly began to partake, he couldn't help but be swayed to engage.

Candorkit's comment prompted him to address the misconception. "Not all warriors are solely judged by strength and brawn. Some are known for their care and compassion." He explained, tail swaying back and forth as they emphasize their words. "Butterflytuft is a great and loyal clan cat through and through." Absently, they lifted a dotted paw to wipe off the excess blood from his mouse.

Dogbite then blinked slowly at the curious kittens, amused by their innocent lack of knowledge and craving for more information. "Your father was also incredibly kind and gentle, even to the most wayward of souls. I believe that's a trait he shared with his former apprentice." Fondness infiltrated his naturally gruff voice as memories of blue skies and light laughter echoed.

Clearing his throat, he cast his gaze to the sky, now a darker hue than he remembered. "Blazestar actually taught me how to hunt. I was such a sorry sight that he took the extra time and trained me til' sunset." They recalled with a grin, remembering the phantom pains in his chest from falling over so much back then. "What was so embarrassing, is that I was already fully grown, about the age of a seasoned warrior. It took a few more tries, but eventually, I got the hang of it."

Their joyful tone dipped into a quieter lull as he continued. "Your dad always had such a proud look on his face when I would bring home a fresh kill." His meows were tinged with bittersweet memories of the ragdoll's face, obscured by time and the lack of a reference to go off of. "It helped me feel less vulnerable about my struggles and more like a real Skyclanner." He admitted, holding back the urge to frown and keeping up the good attitude around his friend's children in hopes that they would find the tales encouraging.

• ———✧———​
    ✧ LH cinnamon tabby w/high white one blue eye
    ✧ child of npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 33 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric
    ———✧———​

Last edited:
It seemed that other clanmates were attracted to the prospect of sharing stories; many had gathered around, commenting on how noble and kind Blazestar had been. Blazestar had known Sorrelsong as a kittypet, a concept so strange to Lionkit seeing as she had been a SkyClanner for as long as he knew.

"Butterflytuft?" The kitten echoes as if they had not heard Figfeather correctly. In their short-lived life, Butterflytuft had always been... well, Butterflytuft. She was one of the other queens in the nursery, soft-spoken yet caring, Fluffykit and Daisykit's mama. Never would he have thought that his own father—SkyClan's great leader—had trained her himself! However, he would not voice any thoughts like Candorkit had. They shoot his sibling a glance, neither agreeing with nor criticizing him, before looking up at Dogbite. He was a wise lead warrior who had served under Blazestar; maybe he could ask him about more stories. His scars were a bit intimidating, though... then again, his mama and Fireflypaw had scars and they were the best cats he knew.

A sore sense of longing and disappointment grows within Lionkit as Dogbite details different memories and mannerisms about his late father. The chocolate torbie's ears slowly droop before Lionkit murmurs, "I wish he could've trained me." Blazestar would never even see him become an apprentice. How good could StarClanners see from up there? Would the former leader be able to see everything he was doing, everything he was learning?

After a few moments, Lionkit lifts their head and proclaims, "I wanna be just like him." Well, he wasn't so sure about the leadership part. Maybe, if SkyClan needed him to step up, but the job came with a lot of responsibilities that Lionkit couldn't even begin to wrap his head around! Maybe... he would just start out with being a great warrior first. Yeah, that sounded good to Lionkit. He could be the best SkyClanner he could be! Blazestar would smile down upon him the entire way... hopefully.