oneshot let me face my fears | leaving

Coyotecrest

sometimes I lose my way
Sep 7, 2022
I won't apologize for being who I am
He couldn't sleep. A single eye opens, scanning the interior of the den filled with slumbering apprentices exhausted from the trip back to camp. The gathering proved to be rather eventful, tension pulled tight through politics and tighter still as subtle threats passed from the lips of irked leaders. It was a miracle a fight had not broken out. All that aside, his conversation with Thistleback gave him the last final nudge of conviction needed to finally take matters into his own paws. "You could come home now..." The words echo within his mind like a soothing chime. The occasional repetition strengthening his resolve. He could go home. Hesitation and fear stretched its piercing thorns across the hope blooming within his chest. He could go home. But there would be consequences surely. He'd lead a raid against them after all, whether he wanted to or not would be out of the question. The windclan stigma would always follow him, amplified now by the raid and he held no doubt that many would label him a traitor not deserving of a second chance.

Then another thought crosses his mind. The possibility of Sootstar abusing what intel he had on skyclan again for other furture endeavors. He could not suffer through that a second time and refused to be dragged into something against his will. The thorns of anxiety meaning to damage and choke his blooming resolve suddenly shrivels against newfound willpower. He would shoulder skyclan's mistrust, it was deserving after all. But anything done there would be more tolerable that remaining here a moment longer. Quietly he gathers himself, cream colored paws leading him to the exit of the den, camp, and finally the edge of the territory. Windclan could never offer him the warm and tender environment the pine forest held. The only thing he regrets leaving behind is Dandelionwish, a good cat held prisoner in a clan he loved.
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you

Reactions: Blobl