no angst Lets make colors together // Intro

Hickoryskip

I'm so fixated on the girl with the soft sound
Nov 2, 2023
The change into leafbare is a progress that is best taken slow, and if there is one thing Hickoryskip enjoys about it, it’s days like these where the wind is a welcomed chill blowing though her growing winter coat. Grey skies such as the current one are not an uncommon occurrence, but they are something that cats can tend to take for granted. And in the moment, the fawn molly takes the time to appreciate it while she can.

After staring at the horizon for a short period of time, she turns her head back to her clan’s leader, enjoying the casual conversation her and @HOWLINGSTAR are having while relaxing on the sandy ravine floor by Highrock. @BARKTHROAT is also there with them, partaking as well. It’s always nice to have relaxing moments such as these after all the chaos that comes with clan life.

Hickoryskip shifts, letting one of her front paws relax in front of her whereas she had her limbs tucked beneath her before. “I know it’s not for everyone, but I love the gentle breeze of mornings such as these. As well, the clouds in the sky. It being more visible as the leaves fall…it’s gorgeous. Gives me something to look forward to, other than the rigid nights that are to come. Don’t you agree?” She asks, looking for approval from the other two.

// OOC : Feel free to post before either of the two! Responses from here on out might also be short and sweet, as I want Hickoryskip to be a more casual character for me!

Last edited:
Well, aren’t you poetic,” Raccoonstripe says with a sly smile from where he lays. The breeze is cool with a wetness that licks through his pelt, and though the pale gray clouds that swath the sky like dirtied cotton don’t look far from breaking, he finds himself enjoying the morning. The rain would come—and it would be cold, driven by a leafbare that gnaws at its heels like a hound, but for now, Raccoonstripe can enjoy the peace with his Clanmates during a seasonal dawn.

He half-turns, craning his neck to run his tongue through thick tabby fur, gnawing to bite through the threat of tangles or knots. “I agree, but you have to admit there’s something so awfully romantic about the forest by night, when the moon is almost full.

, ”

It's a whole lotta words, just to say the wind is nice, and the sky is pretty. Maybe Hickoryskip just feels the need to run her mouth, while they're all taking a morning to be lazy amongst peers. Wolfwind doesn't mind it nearly as much as she makes it seem. Hickoryskip has a fine enough voice. She can talk all she wants so long as Wolfwind gets to shut her eyes against the dawn, tail idly flicking as content pelts shuffle around her.

Unlike Raccoonstripe, she'd groom herself later. Right now, all she wanted was to rest her eyes. It's comfortable, being tucked to her clanmates like this. Raccoonstripe agrees with whatever it was the molly had said. Wolfwind feels like she's very plainly missin' something. " What's romantic about it? Not bein' able to see the badgers comin'? " It's partly a genuine question, and partly to make fun of the kinda guy Raccoonstripe is.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! MENTOR 2 EMBERPAW; KIN 2 MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 23 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

Where there was a soft breeze and good conversation, Berryheart could not be found far away. He worked the tangled out of his pelt, purely content to sit in silence and listen to the dreamy way that the Poet praised her surroundings aloud. Her manner of looking at the world, appreciating a cool wind where others might have bit at the coldness, was something Berryheart found admirable- and relatable. It was worth, absolutely, loving what you had- and ThunderClan did have the nicest territory to relax in. Personally verified.

His brother was convinced that the forest bathed in moonlight was better, apparently- for its application in romance. Berryheart fixed his kin with a frown, whiskers twitching when Clamours spoke against him. "Do good things have to be romantic at all...?" Like his niece, it was partly a genuine question... though mostly to express how different their priorities apparently were.
PENNED BY PIN ☾

Howlingstar rests nearby, her pelt brushing Wolfwind's in comfort as she listens to Hickoryskip weave words about the beauty of the day. A low purr rumbles in her throat. For the first time in some time, she has genuinely been able to relax today. Her kin surround her, friends chatter in her ear...what reason is there to be so low? Little Wolf would have loved this. She flicks her eyes open, eager to quiet her grieving mind.

She looks to her sons and granddaughter, a small smirk growing on her maw. "To some, it might be," She hums back to Berryheart, casting her eyes towards the trees that tower over their camp. "But I do agree there is something about today's chill that can be appreciated, Hickoryskip," She chortles back to the warrior, ears pricked and tail flicking contentedly. She can try to be optimistic, though they all know how they'll truly feel when leaf-bare is here. When their stomachs are empty and nests ever-cold, they won't be appreciating the winds. But today, she can at least do that much.

Hickoryskip gives a genuine smile at Raccoonstripe’s words, even though it was meant to be taken sarcastically. Being poetic is about the last thing she would call an insult, so she takes it in stride, lifting her head up playfully. “I’d like to think so! I enjoy putting thoughts into my words,” she chuckles. She also prefers to see the joys in life, instead of focusing on what problems there are or might be. Many might call that naive, but she finds it powerful. Especially in times like these.

She watches the family bicker amongst themselves, and she can’t help but laugh airily watching them bring up their own view on her and the lead warrior’s words. She doesn’t have that many relatives within ThunderClan, but she can almost see herself as part of theirs, even if not tied by blood. “You all are adorable. And I’m glad you think so too, Howlingstar.” Hickoryskip trills, enjoying this tranquil moment while she still can. Things might get harder within the coming days, but right now, she can relax.​