LIFE, THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING \ lichenpaw

The medicine den was hot with fevered bodies, and though Berryheart knew he must have built resistance to the illness by now he was still nervous for his apprentice. The splotchy tom had not fallen ill, by some wonderful miracle- that he thanked StarClan for, as he was unsure if he could bear to see it- but he wold not make Freckles spend extra time among the sick, if their wheezing breaths had catching claws. Therefore out of camp had they ventured, to a secluded clearing warmed but the sun and cooled by the breeze. Though graveness still hung above them eclipse-like, the little things could be indulged in.

"Have you been taking note of what I've been giving the sick?" he asked his apprentice, patient eyes finding his way to him. It would be good to know at first what level his apprentice was on, to gauge his experience. Berryheart had faith in Freckles' observational skills, but stress could blur vision as harshly as any injury.

\ @LICHENPAW !
PENNED BY PIN ☾

————— ❁ —————
SOMETIMES I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
Lichenpaw is glad to be out of camp; even without the sickness gripping their lungs as it does their clanmates, the camp still feels suffocating. Wheezing breaths and thick tension clouding the air, all the healthy gone away. Him and Berryheart left to try, desperately, to save any that they can. Or ease the suffering, at least.

It takes a moment for him to register Berryheart's question. His mind's been elsewhere for a long time, now. "I, uh, yeah," comes the lackluster initial response. Then, a pause. ""Course I - I've been taking note, it's -" Stress-addled brain chugs slowly along. Lichenpaw's face scrunches in thought, before - "Oh! Fever - feverfew and honey, right?" His smile is lopsided and sharp, hoping Berryheart won't take notice of the delay in his answer.
I'M MOVING PAST THE FEELING !
————— ❁ —————

• //
  • LICHENPAW named for the lichen on the trees of his home.
    — he/him or they/them. 14 moons.
    — thunderclan medicine cat apprentice, mentored by berryheart.
    — bears a near-permanent nervous grin.

primary character, high activity. penned by saturnid.​
  • "SPEECH"
  • 66645992_9XglqEnKXn6q8TJ.png