camp lights out, can't think // napping & thinking

Jan 9, 2024
No matter how Leafbare comes and goes, Batchaser doesn't think he'll ever get used to being outside as often as he had been these pass years. The long-limbed tom was tucked in his comfortable bedding near the back of the brambled cave. He laid his head on the edge of his nest, curled bangs hanging limply covering his eyes from the world as usual. Nevertheless, looking at others straight on has been a difficulty since he was a few months old, toddling about under his mother's and father's paws and rambling on about various things his tiny mind was able to comprehend.

Hah innocent as a small bird he was. Look at him now: a clan cat. His siblings would cackle at him at his leisure. He let out a snort at the thought.

The dark tom lets out a soft huff, flank rising up and down at he breathed in the scent of his own nest. A sort of... self-comfort for himself. Feeling a bit homesick? He'd rather not think about how he hadn't seen his family in a long time. I wonder how they're doing without his eccentric ways of life. He starts to relax his muscles, unwinding like putty as he breathes slowly. His long pale tail curls haphazardly around his lanky curled figure. He closes his eyes and relaxes in his nest, eventually retiring for a nap

• //
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( Ehhh ?! ) BATCHASER
    ⛧ HE / HIM ; no problems with other pronouns
    ⛧ warrior of shadowclan; formerly a loner
    ⛧ a tall, curly shorthaired oriental mix with half-lidded odd colored eyes.
    action , thoughts , "Speech , 7077A1"

- tags / @ on discord for plots
    - penned by calzone

• nothing here begone!

*+:。.。 ...eventually retiring for a nap...but not for long!
With a loud cry, Singekit would aim to leap atop the dozing older man, plopping himself over Batchaser as though dog piles were now an official form of greeting!. Singekit probably wasn't supposed to do that. But in the same breath, he was not supposed to be in the warrior's den at all - yet here he was!
Singekit was always the rambunctious type, but as his apprenticeship loomed closer and closer, the boy seemed to be more rowdy than ever! So far he's effectively harassed enough warriors that his presence alone is enough to send most of the cats in camp scurrying with an excuse to go on patrol. After searching all through the camp for someone to bring him entertainment, it would ultimately be the one cat who wasn't aware enough to know to head for the hills that would fall victim to his attention-seeking.
"Batchaser wake up! I wanna learn some fighting moves! Teach me!" the boy demands, batting at Batchaser's flank with his paws. Whether the warrior responds or not, Singekit would soon slide off the tom, eyes set on his tail now. Crouching down, he'd wiggle his rump before aiming to attack, biting at Batchaser's tail. He was determined to release some of his pent-up energy...all at Batchaser's expense, obviously.

• GENERAL:
    Singekit
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    3 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x NPC (brother to Swallowkit, Sneezekit)
    Shadowclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: None currently

I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — It had been a while since Onyxpaw had been wholly calm and content, even if the moon since she had left the nursery would seem like a miniscule amount of time to Batchaser. Things had been easier when she had just been Onyxkit, her only companionship being the grinning form of Yellowkit and the dual comforting presences of her parents. She were sure there were some Shadowclanners - rather notably the already present Singekit - that would find such an existence boring if it went on for too long. She had always been pleased with it though, only for it all to be ripped away when she had taken the rocky transition from kit to paw. One Singekit seemed exhilarated about in a sharp contrast to herself.

She had been watching Batchaser curled up in the den from afar, trying not to let herself be consumed by envy when she noticed the rambunctious form of Singekit go racing forward towards his nest. Her muzzle had been halfway opened to tell him to stop - or to at least say that it was a horrible idea - but she was already too late. His excitable pounce crashed down on the warrior, and Onyxpaw wore a guilty look on her face as she approached from across camp. "Sorry, Batchaser... I noticed him a little too late." The chimera then looked towards Singekit himself, watching as he made an effort to try and maul the poor warrior's tail. "Don't the other kits in the nursery want to try battling with you? I'm sure you'd all be able to come up with some pretty impressive moves if you all worked together." And hopefully the effort would burn off all the energy between the lot of them, leaving Batchaser and the other warriors without kittens biting at their heels.

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    5 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

He lets out a grunt at the small weight on top of him, lifting his head up to peer down at small creature who dared interrupt his nap. The dark tom blinks tiredly from behind his curled bangs. He blinks at the little kitten who is biting his tail with needle teeth and playing with it. He tilts his head to the side, do kittens see me as a plaything? He lets out a yawn, as he rises a paw to gently nudge the kitten on the side. "Woah, there kid. No need to chomp my tail off." Chuckling, with a lazy smile growing on his face at the tiny hyperactive creature. "Fighting moves eh? Hmm, I don't know." He lets out a huff, as he lifts himself up from his nest with a flick of a large ear. I'm up now. Sitting on his haunches he glances down at Singekit.

The warrior turns around as he heard pawsteps coming closer, snorting at what Onyxpaw said.
"No, it's fine Onyxpaw." He shakes his head at the apprentice, peering down at little Singekit trying to maul his tail. He lets out a hum, agreeing with what the chimera was saying towards Singekit. Playing with the other kits, will calm this little guy down.

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( Ehhh ?! ) BATCHASER
    ⛧ HE / HIM ; no problems with other pronouns
    ⛧ warrior of shadowclan; formerly a loner
    ⛧ a tall, curly shorthaired oriental mix with half-lidded odd colored eyes.
    action , thoughts , "Speech , 7077A1"

- tags / @ on discord for plots
    - penned by calzone

• nothing here begone!

I don't mind if the world spins faster

"So much for relaxing, huh" Nightwhisper said gently as she came over to greet the three, a warm smile peering on her maw. Lately, things have been busy and the apprentice den is more filled with kits becoming apprentice. Of course, Nightwhisper silently hoped to get an apprentice this time around. Her tail swished softly before settling down near them, not paying mind to the factors that neither Onyxpaw nor Singekit were supposed to be in the warrior's den, yet they weren't causing much harm so it mattered not.

"Your mentor will be the one to teach you some fighting moves little one. And that's coming up soon...Perhaps you'll get Batchaser 'ere as your mentor" their words gentle before looking over at little Onyxpaw and gently smiling at the apprentice. "How fares your training mm? Onyxpaw?" she would ask curiously. Might as well converse with them while they were in the warrior's den. Perhaps... her chattiness (or what of) would make the two leave if they got tired enough of it of course, and she was sure Batchaser wouldn't mind going back to napping after that point.
"speak""Thoughts"

*+:。.。 Singekit tries to bite down harder before he can be nudged away, but unfortunately, he'd been flexing his jaw at the wrong moment and was ultimately forced into a reluctant roll at the gentle push. "I wouldn't have to if you woke up quicker" Singekit announced, sitting up with a triumphant smirk. He refused to acknowledge the fact that he hadn't given the tom a chance to wake up in the 0.001 seconds it took him to attack his tail.

He's about to demand again for early training, when Onyxpaw scurries into the den, already a nervous wreck as she usually is. He rolls his eyes as she apologizes, replying loudly back, "Of course you were late - I'm faster than a hawk!" or an owl - that thought made him suddenly shiver. When Onyx continues, he lets out a suffering groan, "I don't wanna come up with moves, I wanna learn REAL moves! You wouldn't understand 'cus you aren't trapped all day!"

Nightwhisper's arrival does nothing to soothe the fire in his belly, and again the boy throws his arms up in furious dramatics, "I don't wanna wait! I wanna learn something NOW! And if batchaser becomes my mentor then why not skip the wait and learn something now? C'mon Batchaser! Please?" Whirling on his paws, he blinks wide, excited eyes at the curly-furred tom.

• GENERAL:
    Singekit
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    3 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x NPC (brother to Swallowkit, Sneezekit)
    Shadowclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: None currently