pafp LIKE A KID INSIDE A CAVE ✩ INTERROGATION

( )  "Hey! You," comes the imperious call of the leader's youngest child, eyes fixated on a particular brown tabby. A face they recognize, an older apprentice soon to be given her full name. Mosspaw, best to call on her while she's still an apprentice. The warriors have a tendency to think they're above him; it's annoying, but unavoidable, given the apprentice's age. Mosspaw, though... She always seems to straighten a bit when he's around, respond quickly, politely, dutifully. As she should.

Starlightpaw marches over, steps purposeful. "Yes, you. You left to find lungwort, mm?" The question is more a formality than anything else, and she answers it swiftly. "Right, you did. I have questions, several, and you have answers."

A breath, a glimmer in their star-speckled eyes. A bit of the vigor that's been lost from the young cat returns at the prospect of mystery. "Tell me of it, all of it, from the beginning, and don't skip any details." Little pause is given before excited ramblings begin to spill forth from the young cat's mouth. "I was told you were going to the mountains -- or, hm, went to the mountains, now. I've never seen one, a mountain. They're, ah, similar to... to rocks, right? But larger? " It's hard to picture. "I do like rocks. The good ones, smooth ones, pretty ones. River rocks. Are mountains like the pretty rocks, or the dull ones? I hope the dull ones, I'd hate to miss them if not, though, ah, maybe some day I can go see..." Her words devolve to muttering, interrogation forgotten momentarily. There's a pause --

And then she perks back up again. "Wait, wait, that's not all. Why was it so long? Did the other clans make trouble or -- or try to steal the lungwort? They would, hmm? I'm sure they would, if they got the chance." Spending time with the other clans has done little to improve Starlightpaw's opinion of them. Her face scrunches a bit, as though tasting something sour, at the thought of them. But oh, she's getting distracted.

Starlightpaw straightens suddenly, statue-stiff, locks her eyes to Mosspaw's, "Oh, but, start from the beginning please. I want to know everything. "
border.png

• // @Mosspaw
  • ✩  ⁺ ₊  ⋆ STARLIGHTPAW. APPRENTICE OF RIVERCLAN. HE / SHE / THEY.
    5 MOONS & AGES ON THE 12TH. PENNED BY SATURNID.

✩ — A WIRY, CURLY-FURRED BLACK SMOKE WITH CLOUDED BLUE EYES.

SMOKETHROAT xx CICADASTAR. LITTERMATE TO BEEPAW & CICADAPAW.

MENTORED BY PETALNOSE

Last edited:
𓆝 . ° ✦ Blinking, Mosspaw turned. For a moment her gaze went right over Starlightpaw's head, before falling to look at her. Her posture straightened, at least as much more as it could, as recognition flashed in her eyes. She had always regarded Cicadastar's kits with a certain level of respect, and even more so now that he was gone. They were blessed by the stars, all of them.

Starlightpaw especially. Why else would Starclan allow a kit to bear their namesake?

So, of course, she was more than willing to answer any questions the younger apprentice might have, if only she were given the chance. For the moment though, Starlightpaw did not seem intent to give her one, as she rambled on without pausing long enough for Mosspaw to get even a word in. All she could do was listen and wait.

Once she was certain Starlightpaw was done, she spoke up hesitantly. "I am not certain there is time enough for the entire tale in a single sitting." Her head dipped briefly in apology. She had hunting patrols to go on and she could not miss them to tell stories. "I can, however, answer your questions."

Glancing away, her ear flicked as she considered each question for a moment, then she began. "Yes, we went to the mountains. It was not like one big rock, instead it was like many big rocks combined together. Parts of it were smooth as the most precious pebble and others were jagged enough to stab your paws. The texture of the ground beneath us changed with each step we took. The journey was long because we had far to go and many obstacles barred our path. I worried the other clans would make trouble or attempt to steal the lungwort as well, but they did not. They were quite helpful and had no need to steal the lungwort because we found so much of it that not even all of us together could carry it all." Mosspaw enumerated each answer carefully and exactly, speaking as though she were giving a formal report. Which was not entirely odd for her, a fact that spoke to her inherent oddness.

Her eyes fell upon Starlightpaw again. Mosspaw tilted her head in askance. "Any other questions?"
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc: — prior to warrior ceremony
  • challenge-3-moss-png.1191
    MOSSPOOL — SHE/HER・ 12 MOONS ・ WARRIOR & RIVERCLAN ・ PENNED BY @empyrean !
    Longhair black tabby with deep green eyes. Mosspaw is a very tall molly, standing a head above most cats her age. She has a slim, willowy physique with subtle musculature built up from a lifetime of constant training that lends itself well to swimming and running. Long, thick brown fur falls over her form with tabby patterning across it. Her eyes are a vibrant green, and shine with a bright intelligence and confidence.

⋆ ✧    ·   ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ⋆     ·   ✧ ⋆
cheets_lichen_2_headshot.png
What could be pried from casual conversation was not for one as impatient as Starlightpaw... half of this discussion could've been pried with genuine musings, considerations, thoughtfulness. The.. direct manner of approach wasn't one worth reproaching though.

Flicking an ear as Mosspaw recites her answers like it is a test rather than an over-excited apprentice seeking a good story or two, Lichentail couldn't help but wonder if she'd ever grow out of that rigid manner of speaking. Did Mosspaw have friends? The blue point wasn't particularly good at identifying those kinds of relationships anyways but, she couldn't imagine it would be easy to have any with such lacking inflection and emotion.

"We are proud of your success despite the hardship-- and grateful for it too," they meow, offering some form of 'thank you' for the risky trip the younger molly had undertaken. "It must've been StarClan's will to see you all home safely..."

WELL IF YOU WANT MY BLOOD I'LL MAKE SO MUCH BLOOD
THAT YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING DROWN