LIKE A SWOOPING FALCON // training

With the assignment to conduct some training sat heavy on his mind, Shiningsun found himself pacing the camp in thought. What could he teach that hadn't been done in a while, or even potentially was less commonly covered? In truth he wasn't sure, but he did have an idea in mind that he would like to try.

The tom announced that he was running some training at the Great Sycamore, of course being mindful to do so after the hunting patrols were finished with that area. And so the tom set out to wait for any takers at the base of the mighty tree. As the first cats arrived he beamed his brightest smile, something that had been missing for some time. With luck he would find the strength to keep smiling. "Today we're going to practice fighting from above. Here in the forest trees are plentiful, and it's important to know techniques to help you gain an edge over your opponents. I want you all to practice running up the trunk and landing on your opponent's back. So pair up and take turns. Focus on getting up high, twisting your body round in the air, and landing square on your opponent."

Sorrelstorm shook her fur as she emerged from the bushes beyond, whisking her feathery tail. Blue eyes blinking to adjust to the sunlight, the diluted calico turned her gaze over to Shiningsun and gave a nod. She sat back on her haunches and waited for other cats to arrive to The Great Sycamore, giving herself a quick grooming.

☆⋅⋆ ── fighting from above, she learned, was a skyclanner's tactic. a move born in that kittypet infested camp was unbecoming of even the lowliest thunderclanners. still, her mentor had dragged her all the way out to the great sycamore to perfect it.

briarpaw didn't deny how it could be useful. if the day ever came where howlingstar turned tail on skyclan and they found themselves in battle, how better to counter a move than to know it inside and out? for that alone, she swallowed her ire and glanced around the growing group to find a partner.

white paws carried her up to another apprentice, golden gaze squinting upon them. it'd have to do. "you're with me, come on." a white tail beckoned them as she approached the tree, a shallow grin on her maw. "i'll even let you go first since i'm feeling so kind."
  • OOC ⋆ ─

• QhhzAbz.png
  • BRIARPAW she/her, apprentice of thunderclan, nine moons.
    a well built solid black longhair with white markings narrowed yellow eyes.
    NPC x NPC / / apprentice to tba
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ battle info
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.