camp like a tree in a storm ✤ exhausted

L

LAMBFANG.

————— ✤ —————
I'LL MAKE MYSELF BELIEVE

Lambpaw's never been known for her restraint. Hardworking to the point of self-destruction, she's teetering dangerously close to the edge. Always volunteering for patrols, for training sessions, even sneaking in practice when she's supposed to be resting. She can rest once she's a warrior, and no sooner.

There's a fuzziness to Lambpaw's head as she sets her catch for the day on the freshkill pile, limbs aching from fighting practice earlier that day. She moves on autopilot, far too out of it, just barely on the edge of collapse. A blink — and she's moved. Someone's talking, but the words go right in one ear and out the other. Another blink, brow furrowing into something that looks even angrier than her usual expression. What was she doing again? "Sorry, could ya, uh..." Her words come half slurred, vowels drawn long, accent thicker than it normally is.

She clears her throat. "Could ya repeat that for me?" She asks, hesitantly, forcing herself to pay attention.

...Stars above, she's tired.
I CAN SLEEP EASILY ALONE
————— ✤ —————

• //

• LAMBPAW named for her sheeplike coloration.
    — she/her. 12 moons.
    — riverclan apprentice, mentored by clovernose.
    — stoic and unyielding. poor social skills.

casual character, low activity. penned by saturnid.​
  • "SPEECH"
  • 65783825_x5W8KMeJXhaF0Kc.png

"I said that Silverkit put worms in my nest yesterday and I didn't notice until I tried to go to sleep!" Brightpaw shivered at the memory, swallowing down her revulsion and reminding herself of her thirst for vengeance. "I need to think of a way to get back at her but it has to be creative--" she rambled on about plots for revenge that varied from hiding all the grey pebbles to covering her nemesis in a pile of feathers and scales. Truthfully, Brightpaw couldn't wait for Silverkit to finally start her apprenticeship so that they could spend more time together like they used to in the nursery. She missed hanging out with her Greatest Enemy. Brightpaw got so caught up in her musings that it took her a minute to finally realize that Lambpaw looked awful. "You look awful," she said without malice. "Have you been getting enough rest?"

f2u__1_by_miserable_flower_dbyufyg-375w-2x.png

Littlepaw padded into camp with a tout between her teeth. She had been lucky enough to catch it while everyone else was focused on minnows in the shallow end-- but she would never admit that, of course. She wasn't the type to admit her lucky findings-- mainly because she didn't want it to seem that she was incapable or lesser than others. She dropped her catch on the prey pile before snatching a minnow of her own to sit and eat with the other apprentices. She couldn't remember these two's names, but, well, she would still spout her harebrained tomfoolery to them anyways.

The mention of 'looking awful' definitely caught her attention, though, and hastened her once tepid steps to the pair. "Yeah she's right, you do look awful." Her words, unlike Brightpaw's, were filled to the brim with an enthusiastic, upbeat disrespect. "Did a dog come after you or something? Starclan's graces, Lambpaw you should really get yourself looked at!" Her feigned worry for the molly would all but be given away by her stifled laughter. She really didn't give a rat's behind about anyone other than herself, but she would never be able to admit that to herself.
walk "talk." thought
penned by helly

Last edited:
  • Nervous
Reactions: LAMBFANG.
YOU CAN BE YOU - I CAN BE ME
oddkit | 07 months | agender | they/them/it/its | physically easy | mentally medium | attack in bold #ffdb58
Round eyes peer at lambpaw unblinkingly for a moment, before the creature begins to bob it's head in agreement "you should count fish and go to sleep, or the river will eat you," it is always important to get a good nights rest, lest your limbs grow so heavy you sink right down into the waves and never come back up - the queens of the nursery had told oddpaw this often enough back when it was still just oddkit, and it makes sure to impart the same such information right back to it's denmates. The child of fire and ice cannot imagine what must ail lambpaw for the girl to be missing sleep, but perhaps littlepaw is right - she should go see the medicine cat.

Inserting herself into conversations that didn't involve her was something Cranberrypaw was known to do, and this was no exception. Littlepaw's suggestion of seeing the medicine cats kind of makes sense, she supposes. Although, wouldn't it be easier to try sleeping first? "You really should get some sleep, Lambpaw. You've been working hard! Oddpaw is right, you should count fish! What a smart idea!"

Not wanting Littlepaw to feel ignored, she adds, "But maybe if you still can't sleep, you should let the medicine cats check you out, like Littlepaw said!" She smiles at Littlepaw as she says this. It really was so sweet of her to be so worried about her friend, even if it was probably unnecessary.
♡ BARBIE GIRL ♡