like cats and dogs [private]

Untitled419_20230710182642.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

It was getting darker out, and soon Johnny would have to head home for the night. He intended to pick up a dusk patrol along the kittypet border when he went- might as well kill two birds with one stone, right? But he figured he probably had a little bit to spare before the sun sunk low enough for him to rally a group together, and so he allowed himself to settle in a quiet spot in camp, laying down to relax in the cool air. It probably would have bothered him more if he hadn't just gotten done with a light workout over at Tallpine, and so for once the crisp chill was welcome against his stiff muscles and warm frame.

While he didn't do it often, it was nice to just relax once in a while.
The sun had set nearly an hour ago, and Johnny had just returned from a patrol along the Thunderclan border. He was tired after a long day of training and hunting, and the cold had finally settled into his thick, plush pelt enough to make him really feel it.

"Alright, I'm out for the night. See you troublemakers in the morning!" he called as he shook out his coat and flexed his cold toes, preparing himself for the trek back to twoleg place. He couldn't wait for the nicer weather to hit- heck, he might even be tempted into pulling a few all-nighters under the stars, just to have the memory of the wind rustling through his fur on a summer night. Johnny had always loved being out after dark, but it wasn't something he did often since that was the time he'd delegated to his twolegs. But even they[/] liked to have a night out here and there, and he was sure they wouldn't miss him too much if he chose to do the same.

After all, he'd done it before multiple times since joining Skyclan- though in retrospect every night spent within the camps walls was either due to threat of snowstorm, a Windclan attack, or a rogue invasion.

It might be nice to just be there to be there. He could finally start putting proper use to that nest Silversmoke made for him rather than sneaking off to powernap in it on rougher days.

Untitled33_20230906192924.png

Dogbite was never one to welcome the chill of the air, and it seemed the cold returned the favor. As he wandered in after the patrol's end, the tufted tabby went about his usual routine. The incident with Littlepaw had made it clear that the young apprentice needed someone who could take things at a gentler pace. Being a Lead Warrior only increased the risk of becoming a target for those with cruel intentions. He made a mental note to speak with Orangestar about it later. Illness, attacks, and death weighed heavily on his mind, and he knew he needed to prioritize the safety and well-being of his clanmates.

Attempting to shake off the gloomy thoughts, Dogbite noticed the retreating form of Johnnyflame. His muzzle crinkled into a squint, recognizing that it was unusually dark for the daylight warrior to be traveling alone, especially with recent reports of trouble in the woods and previous rogue activity. An idea sparked, and he raised his tail to catch Johnnyflame's attention. "Hey! Wait up!" Trotting at a quicker pace, he closed the distance between them and greeted the patchy chimera with a polite nod. Tattered ears flickering curiously and watery blue gaze blinking mildly.

"Mind if I walk you home?" They asked, his tone gentle but with a notch of concern. Dogbite didn't want to imply that Johnnyflame was incapable of taking care of themselves, but he couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't safe for them to be traveling alone.

• ———✧———​
    ✧ LH cinnamon tabby w/high white one blue eye
    ✧ child of npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 33 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric
    ———✧———​

john3.webp

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

More often than not, if Johnnyflame walked home with anyone at the end of the day, it was a fellow daylight warrior who was also heading in that direction. He didn't like to bother the fulltime warriors with it, especially when he was able to walk back on his own perfectly fine. But, that didn't mean he was against the company when it was offered.

"You sure? I wouldn't mind the company, but only if your up for it. Don't want you walking back throuh the woods alone if your bone-tired, aye?" chuckled the bobtail as he slowed to let the other catch up.

There weren't a ton of cats who'd volunteer to head to the twoleg border outside of a formal patrol or hunting party, but he'd never gotten the impression that Dogbite was among them. The other tomcat had always seemed reasonable to Johnnyflame, and he wouldn't turn down a chance to get to know his fellow lead a little better considering the two of them hadn't spent much time socializing outside of work-related things.
]
john33.webp