camp Like jewels in a dream & chatting

Sunfreckle awoke from his nap with a sneeze and gave a disgruntled cough in response to it. How annoying, he'd been having such a pleasant dream too and it was just as quickly wiped away out of his head. Giving a shiver he stretched and turned in the direction of the back of the den where a burst of cold air had left his back cooled and uncomfortable.
He had seen Mintpool in here a few moments ago looking in this very corner so he assumed she must have noticed the wearing around the edges of the den where the cold air was beginning to creep inside. Sunfreckle gave a faint cough, tail flicking up to his mouth to cover it before he grabbed a wad of his own nesting and moved to shove it over the damaged patches; it would do for the time being until proper material was brought in to fix it. Really picked the worst time for that wall to start crumbling in places didn't it? Flickerkit would be fine, he was a living fire in his own right, thick red fur like gossamer flames and he could very easily keep one kitten warm enough she'd probably complain that her paws were sweating. In no time at all she'd be out with her siblings as apprentices and as much as he longed for the day to get out himself he also felt a sense of dread at it.
Part of him wished he'd pushed a little harder to keep the kits in the nursery longer, to apprentice them later than just 4 moons. It felt too soon, it felt like they were just born and immediately thrust out into the world without warning and he found his fur prickle at the idea of sending them off into battle or even normal tasks.
Stepping outside the den on heavy paws, stumbling every third step, the tabby frowned around the camp before his eyes lit up and he spotted the site of one of their warriors wander into camp with a rather hefty pair of mouse hanging from their jaws, "Good catch!" It was a relief to see given how little had been brought back last hunting patrol. "Did you see @Rabbitnose anywhere while you were out?"

Rabbitnose was just coming back through the entrance, regrettably empty handed, as he heard Sunfreckle ask about him. He smiled and bounded over to his mate.

His last few hunts had been unsuccessful and it stressed him out. A lot.

"I'm here!" He said, giving Sunfreckle a loving nuzzle and a lick on the cheek.

"Did you need anything, my love?" He asked. "Or does my company solve your problems?" He added with a chuckle.

Even if they were cold and hungry, Rabbitnose couldn't be happier by Sunfreckle's side. With him and their kits, who he loved so dearly.

He was just a sappy guy.

Cove prances through camp, proud of her catch even if it were small. Shes super excited to contribute to the dwindling fresh kill pile, excited to fill some bellies tonight before shes spoken to. Her head whips around with wide eyes to find the maker of the noise only for her face to soften as she realizes its just Sunfreckle. “Hi Sunfreckle!” the mouse tumbles from her mouth as she trills in greeting, her tail waving as well. He asks about Rabbitnose and she thinks thoughtfully, scrunching up her nose as she tries to recall the last time she saw the man. “Hmmm… Nope! Can’t say i’ve seen him but he’ll pop up! If you want I can go look-” she offers a big smile.

Speak of the devil and he shall answer! Rabbit approaches and nuzzled Sun, causing a small coo to fall from her mouth. “Aww!! You guys are so cute!” she chirps happily, a small giggle bubbling forth. She thinks they’re a good pair! Cute and they had cuter kittens too!! “Let me know if you guys want alone time! I can take care of those remaining in the nursery~” she offers, moving to pick up her mouse and move towards the pile. She likes them.
✦ ★ ✦

dfkfdmq-ba5e648e-3fdd-4ae2-b8cc-39432d739976.gif
Honestly, like, get a room! This lovey-dovey stuff was vile and one of the last things Ragwortkit wanted to witness while she ate at one of the mice the hunting patrol brought back. Though ready to become an apprentice any meeting now, Ragwortkit was still a child as was fed first among them. She agrees with Sunfreckle, it was a relief that prey had been brought back! Last time she was made to stay hungry, nothing anyone could do they had told her, so unfair! It couldn't be that hard?!

"Ick! Don't encourage them!" The blue child cannot help but shrill upon hearing Covecatcher call them "cute". The undeserved compliment makes her shudder, they're going to think they WANT to see and hear all that now!

unknown.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· RAGWORTKIT, female — she / her
╰ ‣ named for her health & strength at birth .
╰ ‣ 4 moons . ages on the ??
╰ ‣ thunderclan kit . loner born . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, oak and maple trees , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue furred . long-hared . a very furry head, chest, and tail

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝​
EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Hufflepuff, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Kind-hearted . Honest . Loud .Justice-seeking . People-pleaser . Gullible . Empty-headed . Humorous
╰ ‣ Though she is all brawn and no brain, Ragwort tries her best and carries a bleeding heart to all whom surround her. She takes the role of "big sister" with her siblings and friends, never failing to have their backs, take care of them, and defend them when needed (sometimes even jumping the gun). While she doesn't offer the best emotional support (not due to a lack of trying) she gives the best hugs and is great at giving cats distractions with her shenanigans.
╰ ‣ finds minimal difficulty relating to others . wears a bleeding heart

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· GRIME x CINDERFROST, sister to toadkit, prowlingkit, hollykit
╰ ‣ unknown sexuality.
╰ ‣ poor fighter . poor hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

"LITTLE HELLIONS, KIDS FEELIN' REBELLIOUS"

"It's pretty gross, all that lovey-dovey nonsense." Wildpaw snorted in half laughter, half disgust. He really didn't understand it all and frankly he didn't want to either. He sat beside Ragwortkit and pulled a face before letting a playful enough smirk fill his features, even though smirks and smiles always looked sinister on his face. "Lets take one of those mice and tuck in already. I'm starvin'."

Close behind Covecatcher, Flycatcher pads into camp. Whilst he also has a small bird in his mouse, it pales in comparison to the hefty mouse clamped in Covecatcher's jaw. They are greeted by Sunfreckle who commends Covecatcher's catch before asking after his mate. Flycather is about to say he's right behind them when Rabbitnose makes their appearance and nuzzles up against Sunfreckle. "Guess that answers that question for you," He chuckled, watching as the two were affectionate with each other.

THERE'S A WORLD THAT WAS MEANT FOR OUR EYES TO SEE

Patchpaw was walking nearby to share a thin red squirrel with her brother when she noticed the commotion around Sunfreckle and Rabbitnose. Those two really were fantastic together, Patchpaw noted. They were always so supportive, being there for each other through thick and thin, cooperating in everything... As much as it was embarrassing to admit, she admired it greatly--one day, maybe even she could have a lover as sweet as them! I wonder if I'll ever meet someone as sweet, she wonders offhandedly as she hands the squirrel to Cherrypaw. She walks back over to where Wildpaw and Ragwortkit were standing and bumps Wildpaw's shoulder with a laugh.

”You're so insistent, Wildpaw, the both of you should relax! There's no hurt in being sweet, in fact, I think they're perfect for each other!" She teases him, ”In fact, I'd loooove to see someone like you be so smotheringly sweet!" Patchpaw rubs her good cheek against his shoulder rather obnoxiously and giggles, eyes sparkling with mirth.

"LITTLE HELLIONS, KIDS FEELIN' REBELLIOUS"

"Get off! You'd never catch me dead doing such disgusting acts or having weak-ass mushy feelings!" Wildpaw flinched away from Patchpaw's touch with a hiss and a darkening scowl. Why were she-cats so weird? He shook his head and leaned at an angle in order to keep himself away from the other apprentice, though he didn't leave the scene. He was still hungry after all, he wanted that damned mouse!​

• Haha
Reactions: Patchpaw [in.]