camp LILAC SKY // post-death

// this takes place before the cats left to take back windclan!

This death passed more quickly than any of her prior demises. She had no wounds or gashes to stitch up, no bloodied, mangled mess to repair. No - disease is easier for StarClan to rid. Her muddled brain had been cleared, her nausea wiped away, her eyes brightened. It is difficult to say if anyone at all had even noticed she had passed, for her eyes were opened not long after, lush green rather than dull olive. When she heaves herself to her paws, there is still weakness there, a weakness that would not go away overnight. But she can stand again. She can think clearly again. Briefly, her gaze flicks upwards as she silently prays, Thank you StarClan for renewing me.

She exits the den with a vigor that hadn't been there before. She does not sway on her atrophied legs, but she does misstep once or twice, swiftly catching herself. "I need my deputy," She mews, scanning the camp and seeing none of her clanmates. Confusion bathes her for a moment - are they not here? Perhaps they are staying elsewhere, much like she had WindClan take refuge in the Sandy Hollow. "My council and clan? Where are they?" She asks the nearest cat, tail curling.

Starlingheart knows that leaders have lives upon lives to spare in service of their clan but she also knows that, despite what others may think, those lives are finite. They have a limit, a cap of what they could and could not cure. They could take the yellowcough out of a cats lungs but they could not heal the muscles that have grown weak in the stagnation of rest. When she sees Howlingstar stumble out of her den she knows immediately what has happened. She had lost a life. When all of this first started, Berryheart had asked if his mother was dead yet and now she wonders if perhaps he had known that her time was swiftly approaching. She gets up from the spot where she was attempting to steal a fleeting moment of rest and makes her way over to the oak forest leader.

"They-they're at the burnt sycamore" she informs, but a frown crosses her face "But you-you should stay here for a bit, rest and get-get your strength back. You-you need to eat. StarClan cannot heal all things..." when cats laid sick in her den she had seen how little they ate, how little they drank and moved but she can tell from the look in her eyes that convincing her of such a thing would prove to be difficult.