private Little Soldiers ☄ Briarpaw

SINGEPAW

Hot headed!!!!
Nov 2, 2023
*+:。.。 It was...irritating, to say the least. Stuck laying on his side so his throat wounds could breathe - imagine a fucking wound needing to breathe! - the boy was forced to live day by day like a living corpse. Bloodpaw had even been allowed to leave the den early, lucky bastard, so Singepaw spent his recovery time relatively all on his own. Magpiepaw and Starlingheart didn't make for the best company to talk to, especially when they were always busy or stopped talking to him after the hundredths am I better yet!? they'd received from him.

So he couldn't help but feel some relief when Briarpaw was dropped into the healer's dungeon with him. Granted, he wasn't exactly glad that she'd had to get hurt for him to have some company but..y'know. "So, a whole owl, huh?" he breaks the evening silence with sparkling curiosity. His throat still holds a light rasp, pained by the bite still healing around his neck, but that's not about to stop him from talking. "I almost got carried away by one! Kinda cool you managed to get some blows in...did'yah keep a feather?" he asks, carefully thinking over every word so he doesn't annoy the girl enough to ignore him. He's desperate for a conversation!

• //it's a bit rushed I'm sorry @Briarpaw.

• GENERAL:
    Singepaw
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    5 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x Duckshimmer (brother to Swallowpaw, Sneezepaw)
    Shadowclan — Kit
    Apprenticed to Pipitclaw

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: Throat bite, flank scratches, various cutes [pained until 04/03/24]

Reactions: Briarthorn

dd7bu7q-b4321200-16fb-4177-91c8-a0b0cd978ca5.gif
.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·. There was no way to describe Briarpaw’s gratitude for Starlingheart and Magpiepaw’s swift rescue of her and Screechpaw, between the medicine cats and the warriors that had found them just in time, the ebony apprentice had many thanks to give.
Still, appreciation does not change the fact that she cannot move. Holed up in a den that reeked of various strong scents, when Briarpaw was especially bored, she would try her best to sort through them and name them in her mind.
It’s what she is doing now in a fruitless attempt to avoid Singepaw’s gaze.
The voice that breaks the silence is inevitable, and Briarpaw turns honey-freckled optics towards him silently, contemplative.
So, a whole owl, huh? The question is harmless enough, but the memories of the owls ferocious screeching still echoes in ebony ears, and a brow bone quirks upwards, critical as to where the younger apprentice was going with this.
When he is done speaking, Briarpaw cannot suppress the sigh that parts her maw, tail flicking to and fro as she ponders her response.
Did she keep a feather? No, all she got was the haunting of her brothers cries that disrupted her dreams, the pain that erupted from her stomach when she dared to turn the wrong way in her sleep.
Yet, that would probably be a little too morbid, the youth clearly wanted something exciting.
"Actually, I ripped one of its talons off. Yep, gave it to Chilledstar for safe-keeping." The fib pours from her jaws effortlessly. "They gave me permission to use it on unruly apprentices."

• BRIARPAW she/her, apprentice of shadowclan, 9 moons.
    slender, lean-muscled black she-cat with sharp hazel eyes & large ears.
    daughter of Forestshade && Vulturemask ࿏ sister to Screechpaw && Sweetpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

*+:。.。 Singepaw watched her closely - owl-like, if you will. He can tell he's getting on her nerves - from the sigh, to the eye-contact avoidance, to the careful planning of a response - listen, it doesn't take a genius to know this interaction is born out of circumstance rather than consent. But Singepaw knows she has to be just as bored as he is! At least he's complimenting her. When at last she speaks, Singepaw wrinkles his nose. A whole talon? No way! But the possibility gets him thinking. Kneading his paws on the soft moss of his nest, the reek of herbs and dried blood all around him, he murmurs, "I wish I could've taken a claw from my attacker"

Briarpaw isn't the only one who dreams of screams in her sleep. Looking back at her, he studies her wounds, thinking unhappily of how, when she'd been unconscious, cats spoke of her like the hero she was. Screechpaw had been the stupid one, but Briarpaw? A savior, there at the nick of time to rescue her brother from his idiocy. Singepaw mulls that thought over, feeling his chest tighter harder and harder.

Finally, he looks back at Briarpaw and blurts out, "Do you want Screechpaw to apologize to you?" He has nowhere else to look, so he stares at her expression. What does she think of her brother now? After he dragged her into a fight that never should've happened, trapped her in a den over wounds that should've been his alone, and risked her life to save his sorry ass - what did she think? "Do you hate him now?" he asks, this time a pained keen behind the inquiry.
Does she? Because if Briarpaw hates Screechpaw for what he did to her...
Then surely, Bloodpaw will never forgive Singepaw, will she?

• GENERAL:
    Singepaw
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x Duckshimmer (brother to Swallowpaw, Sneezepaw)
    Shadowclan — Kit
    Apprenticed to Pipitclaw

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: Throat bite, flank scratches, various cutes [pained until 04/03/24]

dd7bu7q-b4321200-16fb-4177-91c8-a0b0cd978ca5.gif
.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·. Singepaw scrunches his nose up at her fib, incredulous. Yet, his quiet response is enough to make Briarpaw wish she hadn’t said anything at all.
When the younger apprentices gaze drifts away, Briarpaw follows in suit, ready to let this interaction fade back to gentle silence.
Words fill the empty space between them once more, only this time they are enough to earn Briarpaw’s full attention, brows coming together in a fleeting moment of surprise.
Do you hate him now?
This conversation has become far too personal, his question prying into the deepest parts of her brain. It makes her skin crawl.
Outwardly, Briarpaw can only stare for a moment, a wispy tail flicking rhythmically the only sign of her discomfort.
If Singepaw noticed, he said nothing.
"I’m upset with him, but no. An apology isn’t necessary, and I don’t hate him." This time, her reply is genuine, she couldn’t hate Screechpaw, not in this lifetime.
A pause swells in the air, popped by a contemplative exhale.
"He’s my brother, I’ll never not save him, even from his own recklessness. It’s what sisters are for." Her previous answer is reaffirmed with a shrug, as if it’s the most obvious answer.
Briarpaw doesn’t think she has the energy to place blame upon anybody’s shoulders for that night- not in the way that would birth resentment, at least.

• BRIARPAW she/her, apprentice of shadowclan, 9 moons.
    slender, lean-muscled black she-cat with sharp hazel eyes & large ears.
    daughter of Forestshade && Vulturemask ࿏ sister to Screechpaw && Sweetpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.