private LIVING IN A MATERIAL WORLD | thirteen

milkshakepaw

you're a firework! ₊ ⊹
Mar 15, 2024
Oh, what a lovely morning! The sun hangs just on the horizon, casting a faint glow through the windows of her twolegs den. Shes basking happily beneath them, a low purr emitting from her. Ah, this is the dream... If only she could keep living it!

A meow of protest leaves her lips as her twoleg nudges her flank with a paw, unwilling, unwanting to leave the confines of the cozy den this early in the morning. Something sweet smelling hangs heavily in the air, and the warmth in here compared to outside was just non-negotiable! Its an everyday thing with her twoleg, and Milkshake knows exactly whats coming... Her twoleg groans, setting her cup of nasty smelling brown liquid to the side, and all of the sudden Milkshake is picked up! She meows, once again, in protest, legs flailing out (though she keeps her claws to herself to avoid nicking her twolegs furless arms). The door opens, her twoleg makes her way down in to the yard and plop! She gently sits Milkshake in the grass below and retreats back in to the den.

Hoooow unfair! Ugh! Her twoleg never let her sleep in!

She grumpily sits in the backyard, hunched over as she blearily tries to blink sleep from her eyes. A rustle alerts her, and then a thump upon wood- she looks up and shes met with the sight of another cat on her fence. "What?" Milkshake nearly snaps but she catches herself, her tone instead just mildly curious. She blinks once, twice and thankfully her awareness floods in. Oh! This cat was a new face! "Oh, excuuuuse me for being rude, hellooooo! Sorry, sorry, I was sooo tired- my twoleg totally kicked me out! I'm Milkshakepaw!" shes quick to clamber forth, jumping upon the fence besides them and giving them a few sniffs. "You smell weird! Are you new? Or have I just never seen you before? Oops! Too bad, you're my new friend now!"

• @Thirteen.
  • ❝ mom doesn't think i fit in to the darling archetype; but thats an ancient pair of jeans. ❞
    milkshakepaw
    afab ,, she/her,, 7 months
    daylight apprentice of skyclan
    fluffy, curly-eared cream tabby she-cat w/low white & blue eyes [ has a red collar ]
    "speech, E18AAA" ,, thoughts
    bisexual ,, single
    smells like sweet cream & sprinkles

MAYBE I'M BETTER OF ON MY OWN
HISTORY SHOWS I'M ACCIDENT PRONE

thirteen & 06 moons & demi-boy & he/they & loner

dca0up4-891c8fab-e48a-455b-8202-c2868ced40c9.png
For thirteen, sleeping in is a luxury - and one they cannot afford. The streets are quiet at night, but no less dangerous - skeletal figure on alert for every flash of light, every glint of glowing eyes in the darkness. He sleeps where he can, but he does not dream - a blessing surely, if only for a break from the nightmares. Memories more like, but the young boy refuses to dwell.

He's up with the sun - never in one place for long, no place to call home. Some days are better than others - sometimes his belly is full of warm prey or dry pellets left out in the sun, sometimes kittypets will stop to converse or one of the young twoleg kits will take pity upon him and share their warmth. Today he's not so lucky - the first yard he creeps upon is home to slobbering maw and snapping jaws, and he all but scatters - hardly noticing when the creature jerks to a stop with a yelp of pain, no longer following. He doesn't stop, no, not when he passes the invisible fence nor when he scales one wall only to land upon another.

He scrambles across tattered roofs and creaking wood until he has put so much distance between them that lungs are heaving and vision is blurred. He means to catch his breath, nothing more, but instead a voice calls out - catching his attention with a sharp jerk of his head that nearly sends him tumbling. Claws dig into splintering wood as he flails, wide eyed as he stares at the cat before him - words and face full of simple curiosity. Its enough to have him relaxing - at least a little bit. She doesn't seem dangerous at least.

" H-hello? " he stammers, confused and uncertain. The stranger says he smells weird - asks if he's new. hardly lets him blink between questions let alone speak. Pale ears twitch as at last she trails off, and he makes a tentative attempt at speech once more. " Erm - not... not new, I think? Just... never met? " he's lived in twolegplace for his whole life, and while he's wandered all about, its far from the first time he's passed through this particular area. They've just never crossed paths it seems, at least until today.

Tongue presses against teeth - lingering in the gap that once held his left canine, and the battle scarred child struggles of what to say next. " Um... friends? Ah - wh-what is that? " he's never had a friend before - only a dad who soon died, and stories of a mom who already was and siblings he'd never seen or met. Maybe friend was some type of food - he could use something to et he thinks, stomach churning from his scramble.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

I D O N ' T K N O W W H E R E I E V E R W E N T W R O N G