LOOK IN MY EYES đ–ą­ HALFPAW

Mothpaw

୧ ‧₊˚ 🍵 ⋅
Jun 8, 2024
A long plumed tail sways behind her as paws carry her to the apprentice den, poking her head in. Hori? Nope... Her cheeks pout as she continues her search in the camp before eventually catching a glimpse of her best friend's split coat from afar. Tufted ears would perk up as she quickly bounds to the other apprentice, attempting to glomp them in a big hug with a pout following suit. “Horiii! I missed youu.” Mothpaw would respond as she rubs her cheek against the other she-cat's before releasing her from her grasp with a bright smile.

“Did you do anything interesting today? Oh— I found some pretty flowers to decorate your coat today!” Moth would coo as she plops onto her haunches and cleans a front paw, a baby blue gaze focusing on Halfpaw intently. It always was boring without her best friend and they practically grew together ever since they were little bitty things! Her unique coat also allowed her to decorate it with different flowers, scales or anything else! One part was similar to a blank canvas and the other part of her was just as pretty as the other side— just detailed!

Last edited:
Upon impact with the other apprentice, the young molly clumsily dropped the half-chewed heron from her jaws. Heterochromatic eyes swept the clearing, but it took no brainpower to figure out the identity of her mysterious back hugger. Irritably, she would spit out the loose feathers that seemed to have remained from her quick, and incomplete meal that now lay mangled at her paws.

She couldn’t stay mad. No negative emotions, push them out, just as her best friend had instructed before. Irritability and a quick temper always controlled the young she-cat. Mothpaw was always there, though, the one friend she kept. The one friend that eases her demons. Shaking off the foul energy that pricked at het pelt, she would instead switch to a smile as she embraced the awkward hug. “Moth!” She greeted, consciously pushing her prey in between the both, inviting the other feline to enjoy the snack.

“Anything interesting today? Haha, no. I did catch this myself though, and my mentor was proud enough to allow me the privilege of eating it myself.” The heron was small, and catching it was a bit of a surprise. These birds often flew above the skies of these riverlands, but scarcely did they find themselves on the fresh kill pile. “Go ahead and try some. Have you tried heron before?”

The sound of a 'thud' catches her attention and she notices the heron plop from Halfpaw's jaws, her ears flattening slightly in embarrassment. Moth assumes that her best friend would be annoyed that she made her drop her meal as she knows their quick temper, however, it seems that the chimera had taken her advice in hand. Halfpaw returns their hug which cause happy yet soft purrs to rumble from the lower throat of Mothpaw. “Hiii.” The sepia point would respond back towards her childhood best friend, noticing her pushing the prey between them. Baby blues observe the heron interestingly as she listens about the she-cat's day and her capture of the bird.

“You caught it yourself?” Mothpaw would murmur as she meets the heterochromatic gaze of the other apprentice, eyes tinkling in astonishment. “Woww— that's so cool! As expected of my best friend!” A smug smile dances on soft lips as she puffs her chest out pridefully at the thought of her best friend beside her. Of course, only Halfpaw could pull something amazing as this off! Her long tail curls around her front paws as she tilts her head at the inquiry, a paw touching her mouth in thought.

“Erm... I don't think I have.” Moth would murmur before she was granted an invitation to taste the heron. She leans forward and takes a small bite of the heron, baby blues turning to Halfpaw as she chewed quietly. It tasted different from the usual meal of fish (but that was expected because it was a bird, not a fish). The apprentice quickly swallows her bite and nods her head, “it's different from what we usually have.”

Mothpaw would respond as she uses a paw to clean off any blood off her face, before continuing her statement. “I think it tastes likeee a hundred times better because you caught it, though.”