private LOOKING AT ME THROUGH YOUR WINDOW // fallowpaw

// @FALLOWPAW

Stormywing pushes aside the lichen curtain that hangs over the entrance to the medicine den, a mouse clamped in her jaws. Golden eyes find her apprentice in her nest - stars, it already looks better since the last time she visited. “Hey, Fallowpaw,” The warrior greets with a half-smile, her voice coming out softer than intended. She drops the fresh-kill at the she-cat’s paws and sits back on her haunches. “How ya feeling? I thought you might be hungry. Just caught it.” She swipes her tongue across her lips to rid herself of any remaining blood from the kill.

There is an awkwardness in the air, a stiff tension that she feels could suffocate her. Is it just her? Or does Fallowpaw feel it too? She doesn’t quite know what to say - she’s concerned for her apprentice, obviously, and she’s glad she’s getting better! But still, it lingers in the back of her head what she’d heard Roeflame tell her that day.

The apprentices had been telling Fallowpaw that her kittypet mentor was failing her. And Fallowpaw had said nothing in her defense.

Her smile is strained, wobbly. Her tail thumps against the ground once, twice, three times. “So-“ She finally breaks the silence. “Have your…friends been by to visit often?” The same friends who need their ears cuffed, apparently.

ˏˋ*⁀➷ Fallowpaw's tattered body curls tightly into its nest, a stormy look fixed upon its face. The wounds are healing, the cobwebs slowly being wound off... And yet she hardly feels any better. A single dying-leaf golden fleck of an eye turns upwards at the arrival of Stormywing. She does not offer a greeting in return.

The air hums with tension, with an anticipation that cannot quite be placed. Fallowpaw is content to sit with it, watch that shaky smile on her mentor's face strain not to fall. It takes its time in replying, slowly angling itself into a sit. "Feelin'..." her words are a slow drawl, exhaustion bleeding out with every rise and fall. "'Bout as well as I can be," it settles on, the words bitten through a sigh. Bad, is what it means. The words hang for a moment.

Its eyes narrow at its mentor's next words. "Who said I had friends?" She challenges flatly. There's something searching to the words, something Stormywing is dancing around. She'd best spit it out before Fallow loses its patience.

• 81827753_leXAOq98Ir3HT2X.png
  • FALLOWPAW ⁀➷ she / it, apprentice of thunderclan, eleven moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerpaw & doepaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.