looking for RC warrior's cross-clan parent! (genetics updated)

kelp

Apr 9, 2024
hi hi, so this thread is to essentially find a parent for reedstrike, my riverclan warrior.

so im essentially looking for a parent for him because he's pretty newly written and i haven't fully decided on whether to just go npc x npc, but i'd figure to try and find a family for him first. i figure it'll be kind of tough to find a parent for a 20 moon old cat, but this is really just to see if anyone would offer up their cats!

also, i'll be drawing art for whoever i end up choosing! examples in the spoiler!

Untitled-Artwork-3.png
img_0249-png.1738
IMG_0260.png

PLOT
reedstrike really despises the other clans because of his fierce loyalty to riverclan and i thought it would be interesting for him to have a parent in another clan to really challenge that resentment. it would be a HUGE deal to him to learn his own flesh and blood isn't loyal to riverclan. looking at the timeline, reed was born in late July 2022, before the clans were formed in August (meaning this litter would have no ic consequences if found out by others), and went with the parent who went to Riverclan. depending on y/c, it might have been very tragic/tough to let their kit go live in another clan, but this is up for discussion later! i think it's important to note that it's been kept a secret this entire time and reed is not wise to any of his heritage. the unveiling of his parent's clan would happen shortly after someone is accepted off this thread and unfurl from there.

reed and your character would definitely have a tense relationship at first, and depending on what your character's personality is, this plot could go many ways: possibly attempting to mend a broken relationship, a complete disowning and hatred towards one another, a physical fight, a mutual understanding yet neutral feeling towards each other, i'm really open to anything!

RULES
this is not FCFS, i'm just looking to choose the best fit for reedstrike!
applications are free for all but please include basic info, a link to y/c's tags/bio, and a basic idea of how you could see their relationship unfolding!
the choosing date is April 21st but i might close it sooner depending on interest level!
i'd like to be able to at least rp out a few threads between them (reed and y/c) to help build plot a little but i don't mind if y/c takes a distant/non-existent parent approach after that AKA not much commitment required if you so wish!

IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
currently im looking to fill only one parent slot, as i figure it might be difficult to find two cats who's genetics both match the ones listed below (though not saying no if it does happen!)
parent A (npc) will reside in riverclan, where reed lives, and parent B (y/c) must reside in a different clan.
i'd prefer your character to be pre-established as a character in their clan (brownie points if they have existing fam!) and must be on the census.
your character would need to be at least 38 moons old (as reed is 20 moons old) and can be either male or female. (the other parent (npc) would exist in riverclan and be the opposite sex)
after being chosen, further discussion about how they meet/reed finds out can continue through discord!

GENETICS
so the great news is that y/c can look like almost anything, they just need to either carry or be chocolate.

genetics are updated! turns out, the parents can be almost anything to make this result (and npc will have requirements that are not met in order to produce reed)

feel free to ask questions or let me know if i missed anything through dm or discord, whichever works!

Last edited:
HI hi 👀 If this is still open I have this guy @CLOVERJAW that would be interesting. he's sky clan and of kittypet decent. He's carrying chocolate and he would LOVE to interact with a kid lol this man is more of a social climber within sky clan, but he's a big family man so that would present a lot of complexities for him as well 👀 ultimately, he'd love to connect and know his son