private LOVE CAN BURN LIKE A CIGARETTE // SLEEKSERPENT (100TH POST!)

Dec 21, 2023
Badgerstripe leaves the medicine cat's den with a heavy feeling in her heart. She could have denied her condition as told by Flamewhisker, attributing it to misdiagnosis of a cat unknowledgeable of illness; but by Gentlestorm's firm and disappointed voice, there is nothing left she can do to avoid this knowledge.

The tortoiseshell makes a beeline for a certain cream tabby, fighting back the tears that she had grown familiar with over time. There was no question in her mind that Sleekserpent is just as much to blame as she was, bringing kittens into this StarClan-forsaken place. If the tom looks at her cheerfully with an attempt to greet, he will be sorely disappointed. In a swift movement, Badgerstripe cocks her head towards the camp's entrance, sternly extending her invitation to leave. " We need to talk. "

And so, regardless of complaint or question, she leads her friend out of camp. Friend - can she even call him that anymore? Badgerstripe stops just nearby, close enough to still be in sight of camp but far enough to not be heard. She doesn't sit, or try to make herself comfortable, for she fears there is little comfort to be found in a situation like this. Would Sleekserpent be just as scared as her, knowing the treacherous future that awaits their children if Flamewhisker does not act soon? Would he rejoice in that they would grow strong without the presence of weaklings and kittypets? Would they disown the kits altogether and claim no parentage to them, even knowing they are the only cat she has been so close to in moons?

Is there any outcome that would leave them both on the same page? Was there ever?

A small, trembling frown tugs at the corners of Badgerstripe's mouth as she meets baby blue eyes. Why must she look so pathetic all the time? Toughen up, she urges herself, and narrows her eyes seriously to accommodate it. " I'm pregnant, " the queen finally says, feeling her tail inadvertently lash behind her. She is fearful of the future, and even more nervous about the present. It takes all her strength not to turn and run while she can, and even more not to simply avert her gaze to avoid seeking the impending emotion that Sleekserpent might show - be it anger, joy, or sorrow, she almost does not want to know. " They're yours. "

badger-redesign-removebg-preview.png
BADGERSTRIPE ( she/her )​

( ooc ) @Sleekserpent.

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW LOVE WORKS
SO I DON'T EVER MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE ?

sleekserpent & 19 moons & genderfluid & he/she/they & thunderclan warrior

65650054_mOfSkE7MQ4CFfJP.jpg
Sleekserpent thinks little of it when Badgerstripe pulls his=m aside - simply sighs and nods, padding along after her. Their friendship is a fragile thing these days, tattered and frayed by differing opinions and mood swings that she can hardly keep track of. They hope it's just that Badgerstripe needs to adjust - tells themselves that, tells skyclaw that each time badgerstripe seems to push just a little to much. He expects yet another conversation about his choices - about chosing the wrong side, about how kittypets shouldn't have been chased out. She doesn't expect this

' I'm pregnant,'

" What?! " whatever Badgerstripe must'v ebeen hoping for, there is only a state of shock painted across paile features - blue eyes wider then they have been in the warriors entire life. Pregnant - as in expecting kits. His kits, he realizes, as she continues to speak. For once, they are knocked speechless - jaw flapping about in silence for a moment. " Oh, " he exclaims again, stunned.

And then she beams, headbutting the tortoiseshell mollies shoulder with a soft smile, tail high in the air. " Thats- that's great! I mean... it's unexpected of course but... kits, " they've always wanted kits - and sure, Badgerstripe and them might not be mates,n ot properly anyways, but already SLeekserpent cannot help but think of tiny balls of fluff bumbling around underpaw.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

D I D I L O V E Y O U T O O M U C H ?

• Love
Reactions: ixora