love; not wrong (brave) — moving to the nursery

She knew the time was coming when she woke up that morning and realized there was no longer any hiding her condition from her clan mates. Her swollen belly was now painfully obvious, not quite ready to pop but she would not be able to explain why she was looking so full bodied in the midst of leaf-bare. Silently she curses herself and her foolishness. She didn't want to have kits right now but it couldn't have been helped. It was an accident, but she would love these kits all the same and she hopes, so would her clan mates.

When she steps from the warriors den she keeps her head held high. If any eyes were on her she would not give any indication that she knows it, she just drags her nest out behind her and makes her way to the nursery as quickly as she can. Without looking like she is rushing. She does not want anyone to see just how incredibly nervous she is right now.

Flamewhisker I'll sleep when I'm dead

Forest green eyes rose as pawsteps neared her den. Was someone bringing her more prey? Though she was thankful for being brought food, she felt guilty with every piece brought. The warriors should be eating first, they were the ones feeding the rest of the clan. A dark figure emerged into the nursery with her head held high. "Good morning, Little Wolf. Did you come to vi-" she cuts off her sentence as she notices the undeniable larger belly that she was sporting. Several questions flashed through her mind, but she didn't dare speak them. Were they Blazestar's? Had she found a new mate in the clan so soon? She pushed the thoughts aside...if Little Wolf wanted to share, she would listen but she wouldn't pry.

Instead, she would motion with her tail for the other queen to come over. "While I know leaf bare isn't ideal...I am grateful to have a friend in here. You can make your nest beside mine, we can keep each other warm." the red tabby would offer. If she wasn't so large, she would be on her paws helping her clanmate with her nest. But, she was too round now to be much help.

Reactions: Jay

Moonpaw is watching her mother move from the warrior's den from a distance, stiff limbed and doe-eyed, uncertain of how to feel. She and her littermates were six moons. Six moons ago they came into this world with two loving parents and eachother and now they were in pieces. Two moons ago the first piece fell.

Little Wolf had not spoken much of the pregnancy, did not mention the father though she could only assume it must be hers as well. Blazestar. It had to be-unless someone else...? It had to be younger fullblooded siblings, because there was no way Moonpaw would believe the dark she-cat to move on so quickly though sometimes she wished she would. Right? It had to be. What was it like being in love and knowing you would never be happy with anyone else ever again? A rare surge of anger bristled through her fur like electricity and she felt her hairs rise along her spine at the thought of her siblings in SkyClan and their father so far away. They could be here. They could be with her for this. Thankfully she had grandmother and the rest of the family as well as her older kits still at her side, but Moonpaw could not even begin to describe the sense of betrayal she still felt stinging into her heart. The tortie rises to stand finally approaches the nursery cautiously and with a dipped head as if afraid to enter it. Last time she was here she was happiest. Now that happy recollection hurt her.
"Ma-...Little Wolf. Flamewhisker. Can I get you two anything?"

• Sad
Reactions: Marquette and Jay
War weighin' on my heart but I can't fall
Silver is making his way toward the nursery when young Moonpaw suddenly halts before him, ducking her head to peer inside. Long spindly limbs grind to a stop, his gait pausing just inches away from the mottled apprentice. A low sigh flows easily from his nose as he steps carefully to the side, glancing down at the girl as he excuses himself. "Pardon me." Silver utters around a large wad off moss. With a dip of his own head the towering figure enters the nursery, eyes trained upon the former breech causing a draft in the now cozy den. "My apologies for intruding Flamewhisker, I only stopped by see how the patch held up." Silver murmurs before tossing his steely gaze in the queen's direction and noticing Littlewolf along with her nest. The ticked tabby's brows lift by a faint measure as questions that would go unspoken dance about his mind.

As her friend of course he worried about her wellbeing. She already looked nervous enough as it is moving in here. But he would not poke and pry for information. Instead he makes an effort to help her feel comfortable. Taking long strides toward the dark furred queen he places the ball of moss before her. "I was going to use this to repair any holes. However, the walls look fine. You should use it instead, it will go to waste otherwise." There was still a noticeable chill in the air some days. He could only hope that leaf bare would easy up soon.
Seekin' shelter from the storm on this blank road

dfkfdmq-ba5e648e-3fdd-4ae2-b8cc-39432d739976.gif
”Mrrow?” The sound of surprise slips from her lips, in passing by she had witnessed Little Wolf settle down into the nursery. Perhaps she was confused? The ebony she-cat had just left it after all, her litter of kits were just as old as Ragwort, maybe she had grown so accustomed to the nursery she had subconsciously made her way in as if her nest was still there.

Little Wolf doesn’t seem confused though. Neither do the other cats in the den, including her daughter, who greet her. If they had it hadn’t been for long. That could only mean one thing… Little Wolf was expecting another litter! Wow, that was exciting! Well- that meant… hmm… We’re they Blazestar’s kits? No… couldn’t be… StarClan must’ve blessed Little Wolf with another litter- probably. Maybe.

Ragwortpaw loved to ask questions, and if someone had allowed her to she would’ve strode right into the nursery and asked Little Wolf. The young girl did not understand why such a question would be none of her business, in general she didn’t get the secrecy of keeping your lineage to herself. Roepaw and her siblings typically shushed her when she began to ramble about Cinderfrost in front of others, she didn’t quite get it. Luckily for all of ThunderClan that day, an NPC warrior witnessed her staring and barked, ordering her to get back to work with nest duty. A heavy sigh parts from her lips and she gets back on it, saving her invasive questions for another day.

unknown.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· RAGWORTPAW, female — she / her
╰ ‣ named for her health & strength at birth .
╰ ‣ 5 moons . ages on the ??
╰ ‣ thunderclan apprentice . loner born . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, oak and maple trees , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue furred . long-hared . a very furry head, chest, and tail

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝​
EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Hufflepuff, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Kind-hearted . Honest . Loud .Justice-seeking . People-pleaser . Gullible . Empty-headed . Humorous
╰ ‣ Though she is all brawn and no brain, Ragwort tries her best and carries a bleeding heart to all whom surround her. She takes the role of "big sister" with her siblings and friends, never failing to have their backs, take care of them, and defend them when needed (sometimes even jumping the gun). While she doesn't offer the best emotional support (not due to a lack of trying) she gives the best hugs and is great at giving cats distractions with her shenanigans.
╰ ‣ finds minimal difficulty relating to others . wears a bleeding heart

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· GRIME x CINDERFROST, sister to toadpaw, prowlingpaw, hollypaw
╰ ‣ unknown sexuality.
╰ ‣ poor fighter . poor hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

• Haha

Hollow Tree hadn’t said anything as her sister’s belly grew. She knew it wasn’t from eating more. No one was eating well. The warrior had even lost weight during this leaf-bare. No. She knew somewhere deep down that this was another litter produced from a now forbidden love. Hollow didn’t know when Little Wolf last saw Blazestar but it only made sense that it would be him. Would these kits have to pick between two homes as well? Her heart aches for Littlewolf. She does not envy their position like she once had.

She watches from the warrior’s den. It already feels empty and Little Wolf had been gone for all of a few minutes. Hollow Tree watches as cats quickly catch on. Happy that no one had yet pressed her about the father. It dawned on her that if anyone were to press the queen, it would be Howling Wind. Maybe her mother already knew. She had been one of the first to find out when Little Wolf was pregnant with their first litter.

Her attention goes to the patrol now gathering. Hollow Tree moved to join them as assigned. She would have plenty of time to check on her littermate later. ""
[ you fall through the trees . tags ]