pafp LUCKY CHARMS 𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 superstition

Mar 3, 2024

𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 Hollypaw trots out from a very nice chore - picking ticks from elders' fur - with tales of great triumphs and tragedies fluttering through his mind. The elders always have the best stories, having seen just about all there is to see. And yet - there is one thing that bugs at him. Are all of those stories over now? Or is there a great tale of his own just beginning to bloom?

He plops down by the freshkill pile, blinks wide almond eyes at the nearest cat. Perhaps they can be of help - it takes a second to recognize the unfamilar tones of cream. "Oh, Eggbounce! Just who I need," he trills, a smile upon his face. He hadn't known before that Eggbounce was the one he needed, but here he is! A peppy tom, and sibling to the very knowledgeable Owlheart. Yes, he will do nicely to answer their queries. "I have been thinking... The elders tell tales of terrible cats, long before my time... But it was your time, wasn't it? Being a warrior?" He may not be as old as the elders, but he's certainly seen more than she.

Hollypaw's eyes flick to the freshkill pile for a moment, but she quickly decides against grabbing prey. Instead, she round the edge of it to get a little closer to the warrior, leaning in as if to whisper a secret. "How do you know... Could there be evil lurking still? How am I to know who to trust?" A fearful paw draws up to her chest, eyes darting around in suspicion. Woth any luck, he'll get the cue and play along.

• @Eggbounce.

... bump into each other at the fresh-kill pile. Hollykit recently heard a story from the elders about mean and evil cats who have plagued the clans in the past. She inquires Eggbounce about these types of cats and how to avoid them. Conversation unravels and Eggbounce’s whimsical beliefs on curses and the idea that you can tell the difference between a good and evil glance comes out. Has Eggbounce shared this with anyone else before? If not, how does it feel to share this knowledge with a kit who could use it to protect themselves from evil? Does Hollykit, who is naive with little experience, believe Eggbounce? Does he adapt the warrior’s beliefs?
  • 78595156_PHu3ouPV70uRxD0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HOLLYPAW ⚔︎ she / him, kit of skyclan, six moons.
    a small, fluffy kit with mottled fur and deep green eyes.
    bobbie x blazestar; littermate to lionpaw & candorpaw, kin to many.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

I'M GONNA BE THE SNACK THAT SMILES BACK
I'M GONNA BE THE KIT TO YOUR KAT
eggbounce & 14 moons & male & he/him & skyclan warrior

79237824_lwv_18069800.png
Eggbounce is always a cheerful fellow - bright eyed and bushtailed, beaming as he goes about his day. But he's never been... well, the brightest of the bunch - gullible, naïve. In some ways, its a good thing - to live in a place so touched by death and come out so unscathed, so cheerful. In others, it can be detrimental - because in truth, the boy takes his safe coexistence within skyclans ranks for granted. When he has never seen evil face to face, how is he to understand that it isn't like kittenhood stories of fearsome monsters and snarling beasts? That anyone can be capable of doing bad, of doing evil?

He lives in world of black-and-white, of fairytales, and so when Hollypaw asks him of terrible cats? He can only nod along eagerly, happy to pass on his knowledge. " We'll, some are easy to spot - a lot of those bad cat's were windclanners you know? The worst of them is dead now though - Sootstar. Don't think they've been back here much since then, not bothering us at least, " but still stealing, like the horrid thieves they are. Surely, a windclan cat must be easy to spot - a frothing, feral thing with no morals like a skyclanner had.

" But more worrisome are rogues - they take what they don't need, kill just to kill, " he thinks back to his early days as an apprentice, thinks of the hoard of bodies pressing into camp as they and riverclan had to usher their sick to saftey. " They're awfully mean, really - but you can tell them apart easily too - 'cause they're always bloodstained and flea-ridden, and they don't ever bother to be nice and talk things out before attacking, "

" But don't worry! There's nobody evil in skyclan - 'cause if there was, you'd be able to tell right away! " how, exactly, he doesn't specify this time - but surely, it must be true.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

( I ' M G O N N A B E T HE O N E Y O U U N W R A P )

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Falcongaze, unlike Eggbounce, had not come out unscathed. Near death more then once was harrowing enough, this breakup casting the favor towards Lupinesong.. well, he just grit his teeth and moved on with his life, like he always had. Patrols, training, hunting, sleep, repeat. He ate here and there, a relatively normal amount, and kept his peripheral open for any distressed clanmates.

Here he was in came dropping another bird onto the freshkill pile when he heard Hollypaw ask Eggbounce a question. His vision shifted towards the peer-aged warrior, then back towards the apprentice, approaching quietly. Evil. A word used so loosely in the forests, but it definitely applied to cats like.. yes, Sootstar. His head tipped in agreement with Eggbounce at that statement, settling down as he listened to the explanation. A tiny grin toyed at the corner of his lips as Eggbounce said there wasn't anyone evil.

Falcongaze inhaled softly before he spoke. "Trust the cats you've known- ones who act like how they speak. The ones who speak in nice tones but have mean actions... they aren't trustworthy." He murmured in response, before he lifted his gaze, giving the apprentice a reassuring smile. Surely, not everyone had a life like his, and hopefully, they wouldn't- he would try his best to make sure they wouldn't.

A soft breath inhaled as he stared at the half-sibling to his ex, and he spoke again to break his brief silence. "If you aren't sure about someone, ask someone you know you trust. The council, leadership. Your mentor." Falcongaze said- and as if on instinct, his vision shifted to find Greeneyes around camp, then glanced back towards the conversation.
  • "speech"
  • FALCONPAW 🌧 he/him, apprentice of skyclan, fifteen moons.
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.
    mentored by greeneyes / / mentoring no one
    padding after no one / / brother to spottedpaw and sagepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

it's not my fault i have my father's eyes .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
How do you know? He wanted to inquire, watching Eggbounce with a curious twitch of whiskers. His last mentor hadn’t been all that nice, but he wouldn’t say the tom was evil. A peculiar way of teaching. Yes.

Ah. Trembling with effort, Littlemoon settled down without falling flat on his face, sure to make a few laugh at his misfortune, but he was supposed to be on a hunting patrol soon.

At Falcongaze’s remark, Littlemoon hummed thoughtfully, quiet in his stewing, a willowed plumage curled around petite paws. What if someone didn’t know anyone? Wouldn’t that bind them to a world of terror? Of fearing everyone?

It was a difficult question. “Listen to your instincts.” He voiced a few tail lengths away from the trio, face carefully blank. “It’ll never steer you wrong.” Unless someone had … Littlemoon blinked, frowning. How could he put it? If they didn’t have acceptable instincts then the freckled warrior would be surprised they lived this long.
thought speech