pafp mad incompetence .. intro

ripplesnap

fly away my friend, for a day and then
May 4, 2023
A blue form slunk in the shadows... plotting, planning, manifesting... A small laugh left their mouth as they watched Lichentail stride across camp to rest in a particularly sunny patch, unsuspecting of what terrors were certain to unfold in the coming moments. Their muscles tightened as they prepared to launch themselves, waiting... eager for the right moment to leap into action.

"Oh you're so going down Micah!!" A loud voice called out, and in an instant, a blue flash flew across camp to tackle their victim.

Ripplesnap hurled faer whole body into Lichentail's form, and the two rolled over in a heap of fur as the former managed to practically pin the other down. "I know what you did!!! Don't you dare think your actions don't have consequences!!!! How dare you!!!!!" Fae laughed maniacally, tail whipping from side to side. At last!!! The perfect moment to enact revenge was finally here, and fae was in position. "Do you submit??"

Fae lifted a paw, claws noticeably sheathed, and held it threateningly in the air above the others head. "Speak wisely.... or seal your fate!!" Ripplesnap snarled, a complete lack of hostility present in faer voice. This was... just a friendly tussle between siblings, right? It definitely didn't seem dangerous, but... fae seemed very invested in this.

(pls wait for @lichentail to respond <3)

[penned by bnnuy].

Letting their tongue move across their paw in a long, lazy fashion, Lichentail was happy to have a moment to rest their aching paws. As gentle as the water might seem, it was exhausting to go fishing for hours at a time! It had been a productive day to say the least and that at least meant a break was justified... just a small one. Small, round ears raised in alarm- Micah? Who here knew th-

-OOF.

Rolled over in a tangle of legs and a yowl of surprise, Lichentail was able to connect the dots only after being bowled over completed. "You devious little- RIDLEY," Pressing at their twin's chest with a frustrated exhale, they hadn't realized what an overgrown baby Ripplesnap was. Narrowing their gaze as a challenge was placed before them, Lichentail's tail lashed in the dirt in anticipation... thinking....

Leaning their head in close, a toothy grin spread across their face. "NEVER!" As they loudly declared their stubborn refusal, the blue point swiftly kicked out one of their back legs to knock their sibling off balance. Watching the ungraceful counterpart topple to the ground, Lichen practically leaped to their feet to stand on top of faer.

"Yield now and I might yet choose mercy, fiend!"

All of this drama... over a pretty rock. A family feud dating back longer than was probably necessary but entertaining to keep up nonetheless.​

I FIND COMFORT IN THE SOUND AND THE SHAPE OF THE HEART ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Would you two be quiet!"
Hissed Petalnose. The irritable she-cat had been resting under the sun not too far off after a hunting patrol before the two had shot her half conscious nap awake. She glared at them with a stern and annoyed glance as if she was scolding a pair of kits. She got up slowly with a stretch and shook off her warmed pelt, giving it a few quick licks. "Stars, If you're going to act that way, go play near the kits." She meowed with a flick of her tail towards the nursery. Her ears were still flattened at they're obnoxious yowls, nose screwed up with annoyance. "Prey can probably hear you for many ways away." She muttered, mostly to herself, getting ready to pad off elsewhere.

She was sure the two were good friends or siblings. Something she didn't have for many moons. It had her heart ache which caused the warrior to be more irritable than normal. Envy, sleeplessness and depression stirred her emotions. It wasn't fair to her.

//So sorry for short post have to work!

They couldn't deny it was somewhat annoying, but it was just friendly bickering. As well, Aspenhaze couldn't say it wasn't entertaining, at the very least. Their smile doesn't falter as they approach Petalnose's side, taking in the siblings before putting a word in themself.

"At least quiet down a bit, yes? Though, this spectacle is quite a sight to behold. Aren't you both older than me?" They josh a bit harshly. Maybe the kit suggestion was a good idea if they were to continue. These two could put that energy into being productive instead, they think to themself. Although they suppose being peppy is better than sulking around, as Petalnose was currently doing. "Ah, well. At least you two seem to be in a good mood."

The incessant loudness of the siblings' roughhousing is not lost on the tom who is more ornery than ever nowadays. However, unlike the other two onlookers, he makes no attempt to vocally condemn their volume level. He, too, has been spending practically all of his free time basking in the sun and falling asleep. It had probably been a few days since Dovepaw had spoken to anyone outside of his mentor, to be perfectly honest.

Playing with siblings was a foreign concept to Dovepaw. By the time he was old enough to be conscious, he was the only remaining member of his litter—he was not sure if they had all died, or all been killed, or what. Frostfall was seemingly deliberately cagey about the specifics. The suggestion to go play near the kits did, however, allow a puff of laughter to expell from his nose.

Yawning, Dovepaw shut his eyes tighter, an annoyed look still on his face, regardless. He could find jokes funny, but they still were being much too loud.

"Gah! You-" Ripplesnap cut faerself off as others around the duo started to take notice, growing rather annoyed at faer loud battle with Lichentail. Hm... no this simply wouldn't do... Was it against the rules to tussle?? Of course not! It was faer right as a Riverclanner to be allowed to do a little friendly battle!

"I'll be a bit quieter, sure..." Fae spoke now, controlling their voice a bit at Aspenhaze's insistence. But as their eyes connected with faer siblings, a wicked grin formed on faer face. "I think they want to be apart of this. Don't you think so?"

Rolling out from underneath Lichentail, the blue point looked for their next victim - Petalnose. Yes... the one calling them kits! While that might not have been her intentions from suggesting they play near the nursery, the warrior definitely interpreted them to mean as such. Flexing their paws, they bunched up their muscles before leaping towards Petalnose, knocking her over in a friendly tackle.

"See? Isn't this so much fun??" They asked, giggling softly at their successful attack. "Come on, try and take me down this time! Or I'll just go and tackle someone else... my mercy towards poor innocent Dovepaw is in your paws!" Their eyes glanced to the apprentice with a mischievous glint, definitely noticing the annoyed expression on his face. He just needed to loosen up a bit is all! He couldn't be that annoyed if he laughed at Petalnose's words a few moments ago, after all.

[penned by bnnuy].

Petalnose looked to Aspenhaze, then raised her chin up towards the two at their words, looking down upon them. She was glad her clanmate had her back and as so it seemed Dovepaw secretly did as well, temporarily glancing at their sleepy frame. Why disturb the peace? They had the whole territory to wrestle in. Camp was only the safest part to be sleepy and vulnerable, therefore it didn't seem fair to be intrupted.

Petalnose decided to not add to her words as Ripplesnap agreed. She turned her back, ready to pad off and seek a quieter place to herself. Then, before she could take a step she felt her body be crushed against the hard ground under the weight of her loud clanmate. Rage pounded at her chest as dirt dusted her coat and stung her eyes. It knocked to come out. So she welcomed it, a sharp hiss falling from her tongue, "Get off of me idiot- before I feed your guts to the crows!" Her paws were sheathed but flailed unsuccessfully to hit Ripplesnap off. The exhaustion from the early patrol and lack of sleep must have seeped weakness upon her. Her tail whipped angrily as she continued to flail, glaring up at faer with a low growl.

How dare they? How dare they interrupt her and then humiliate her in front of her clanmates? The tall she-cat's lips curled into a snarl. She thought her bark was enough, but now it was her time to show she wasn't just that. She wasn't to be messed with. How bold of faer to test her. Her rage dropped into mild irritation. Then suddenly- a smile formed on her snarl as she let out an additional growl, "Leave Dovepaw to rest. You challenged me, I don't back down from that."

Now thrill pulsed through her veins and fueled her with energy, casting over the sleepy glaze to her eyes. The other warrior still irritated her but now interested her as well. Fun. At first she'd probably try to slap the other again but she slowly started to agree. She wondered how long they would keep this up the fun. It was time to get to know eachother. The patched warrior aimed to kick the fae off with her back legs and trip them onto the ground so she could flip back up onto her own legs, preparing to either dodge or give a move.

• Wow
Reactions: Aspenhaze
What a bunch of sore sports.... can't even handle a little bit of excitement in the middle of the day? It wasn't like they were squealing at moon high like needy infants! Rolling her eyes for anyone to see, she looked back towards her squirming sibling. Fae was no match, even if fae was the older of the two (by a few minutes). The wide smile that spread across faer face as the sour pusses expressed their annoyance it seemed the two had a similar idea...

What was that phrase again? If they can't beat you, make them join you? Yea... that was probably right. Subtly moving their paws off of Ripplesnap, it was like watching a fantastic trap springing after lying in wait all day. And by StarClan could fae fly. Petalnose didn't stand a chance with a stuffy attitude like that to distract her!

"AHHHH AHAHAHAH." She couldn't help but laugh in delight... already the molly was loosening up as she rose up to the challenge tossed down in front of her. Fight... or the kid gets it! (It was no great threat if faer previous attempt at attack was any reference).

Whirling on her heels to narrow mischievous blue eyes at Aspenhaze, that grin didn't once leave their face. "You're next! You better run Aspenhaze!" Crouching down, the warrior lashed her tail in preparation to leap; a playful display of her imminent attack. Dovepaw would have to make a choice... was the apprentice's little nap worth the restful sunbathing of his seniors?!​

• Angry
Reactions: Aspenhaze
Aspenhaze is almost baffled at the lighthearted threat thrown their way. Oh, she wishes to threaten them, of all cats? Even while they were nice enough to play mediator? So be it, then. "I'm next? Well, don't expect me to run from a challenge." Despite the irritation in their voice, it doesn't show on their face, putting on a threatening smile as they crouch down as well. They didn't intend to actually hurt the other, but that doesn't mean they can't make them as humiliated as Petalnose was sure feeling now. "Come at me, then!" Their true intention is to sidestep as they are raced towards, putting a paw out to trip her.

Initially, a prick of disappointment seemed to blossom in faer fur. Hmm.. she seemed like, really upset... that definitely wasn't faer intention, no matter how it might look to the others. Honesty, fae just wanted to show them a bit of fun! Faer ears pressed slightly against faer skull at the harsh words, but fae tried to make sure it didn't look like it hurt faer feelings. Ripplesnap's eyes frantically tried to look for any semblance of any positive emotions in the others face, letting out a noticeably relieved sigh as a smile seemed to form on Petalnose's muzzle.

A guffaw of laughter erupted from the blue cat as Petalnose spoke once more. Yes, yes! Get into the spirit of it!! "I'm so glad you came to see reason! Our fight shall be legendary! Shall be passed down from family to family as a tale of heroic proportions!" Ripplesnap puffed out faer chest proudly, giving the other a look of pure excitement.

Ah, it was certainly a relief that they both seemed to be having fun. Fae glanced over at Lichentail and Aspenhaze, amusement dancing in faer eyes, but that just gave Petalnose the opportunity to retaliate. "AH!" Ripplesnap exclaimed as they got kicked off, and tumbled over onto the ground themselves. "WOAH! Nice, but you'll have to try harder than that!!" A devious smirk formed on their face, and they rolled over on the round, attempting to either knock her legs out from under her if she had gotten up, or to just roll on top of her if she hadn't.

[penned by bnnuy].

Petalnose smirked in a cocky way as she managed to kick Ripplesnap off of her. She flipped over with ease, glaring at the other with the same glint of excitement. "Ah.. now don't tell me I can do better. I definitely can." She teased, her ears perked forward as she watched the other charge her, leaping over faer attempts to trip her. Though, she was rolled on top of, nearly collapsing, stumbling like a newborn kit and losing her balance. She caught her balance quickly before she started to zig zag towards her quickly, attempting to confuse them to take a push at their shoulder in attempts to bowl her over and keep her paws on her shoulder. She laughed in an amused manner, something she hadn't quite done genuinely for awhile. She didn't remember last time she had a laugh, since she had awoken the night full of confusion and grief- all it had been was frowns and bared teeth towards anyone who had gotten on her nerves. This was new for her, her cocky smile turning into something that showed more enjoyment. It was good to feel like this. It was rare to have a stranger make her smile. She appreciated it.

The two remained crouched at each other, waving their tails as mirrored evil smiles stared back. The standoff... the silence before the storm. At Aspenhaze's permission to advance, Lichentail made no efforts to hold themself back- with reckless abandon they sprinted forward, certain that their fellow warrior wouldn't expect such foolhardy directness-

"AUGH!"

Tumbling over in a mess of legs as her opponent stuck out a paw to sweep her off her feet, the blue point could feel the uncomfortable sensation of a scrape already forming on her elbows... How annoying. But a necessary risk when challenging an opponent of course. Laying on the ground, a small plan began to form in their little brain....

I'll just play dead! They'll never see it coming.

Lying very still, Lichentail waited for Aspenhaze to approach so she could grab them and pull them to the ground with her.

Aspenhaze laughs as Lichentail stumbles from their trick, more out of surprise it actually worked rather than finding it funny. (Though, it is.) A bit of a dirty play, but it's not like they asked for this. They think about just leaving them there, but instead, they feel like being a little mean.

They go over to her, wanting to tell her to her face that they won. But instead of boasting, they're quickly pulled down, letting out a tiny yelp as they hit the ground. Well, seems they were the one bested this time...