private MAKE IT OUT ALIVE 𓆩♡𓆪 HOWLFIRE

Something he's only thought about recently, is what to make of the state of his youth. What to make of the fact that the foolish, toddling kit that had once been poking his head into his stores was now his apprentice, and hardly anymore, at that. What to make at the fact that he has grown to see his dear friend have kits, and his kits have kits. And then, as one final, cruel subversion, for that very friend to die.

Neither of them were elder - aged, forgetful of names or faces, struggling to groom themselves... No, Blazestar had not aged beyond saving. He had simply not cared to save himself, was all.

Though he's never said anything; never told them, it's with sincerity that he prays none of his children would take after him in such a way. He hopes that for Fireflypaw, the weight of the clan on those shoulders of his would keep him steady. He hopes that for Howlfire, the mewling of her kits would keep her that way. But then again, Blazestar had had both, and neither had stopped him, more than once.

Howlfire has never shown to need the sort of coddling that her other kin did. Never has he had to work through unending churning in his stomach to patch her wounds. Perhaps it was for this reason, that Dawnglare has not spent so much alone time with her. She was not fool enough to need him at her ear as much as the other two had.

No, it's for a different reason entirely, that he approaches her now. The thickly - laid velvet atop his spine prickles, just barely, but it's hardly any fault of her own. A decision lies ahead of him that has left him... twitchy. One that Howlfire did not necessarily need to know about, just yet. When he sits, it is with a request awaiting heavy on his tongue. He is not one to appear with prey in his jaws, for he thinks his time is a generous offer enough. " Howlfire, " cooly, he greats. " Life treats you well enough, doesn't it? " A thick - plume tail comes to rest atop his paws. " Well enough, that if I had one request for you, it would not make it so unbearable? "

// OOC: @Howlfire backwritten to before he left :3!!

Reactions: Thorny

Howlfire had a strange relationship with SkyClan's medicine cat. They were not as close as he was to her brother - which was a given with Fireflypaw being his apprentice - but she still cared for him. Dawnglare was eccentric and oftentimes a little disconcerting but Howlfire saw him as family in a sense. Once, he had been her father's closest friend. The relationship between them had soured but Howlfire still looked upon the medicine cat with fondness.

"Dawnglare," Howlfire mews, echoing his simple address to her. She doesn't mind the lack of prey and is glad for the company - mostly because it's unusual for him to seek her out. As usual, he speaks cryptically and Howlfire is at a loss for what this request might be. "I doubt one request would make my life unbearable," She said, smiling softly. "What would have me do, Dawnglare?"

It's easy. Easier than he thought it would be, for some reason. If Clan cats had anything, it was a will about them. And who was he to make demands?— one might ask, even though, of everyone it should be him. Not just peer, or Medicine Cat. Not as someone with moons and moons over most of the warriors that swelled their ranks, but as someone that was wholly, and undeniably him. Since the very day Mother breathed Stardust into his being; since his presence was whispered upon this world. The rejoice was quiet. The change slight, but there. All that ate at Her could only wilt upon where he walked.

Distracted. He's distracted. Blaise's daughter has this... face. One that demands from him both things new and old. Dawnglare's gaze seeks to tether her own. She wants an answer, It's an answer that face of hers wouldn't let him withdraw.. A simple, nevermind, would never do... Not that he intended to give her one. Off and on is what this was. It wells from him the barest of laughs. Something in him is compelled to try and find a similar smile. There was more history between them than either of them felt. " Good, " he smiles. The suspense... was it killing her slowly?

He bats his eyes in the brief imitation of a cat more delicate than he. A nose and heart - mark angle downward. " Will you watch Fireflypaw for me when I'm no longer here? " No longer here could be tomorrow. No longer here could be moons from now. Doable. It should be.

From his vague wording before, Howlfire braces herself for some outlandish request, or a simple request wrapped up in a layer of riddles. Whatever it was, he was clearly pleased with her response at the very least.

When he does finally speak his request, it is done so wearing a guise Howlfire is not as used to seeing on the other cats face. It is a far more gentle and delicate part of Dawnglare that asks - Will you watch Fireflypaw for me when I'm no longer here?

Howlfire's expression remains neutral for a moment but she is absorbing the request all the same. "You really need to ask?" Howlfire quipped, a peel of laughter escaping from her lips. It feels like an odd request for the medicine cat to make, strange for him to even mention the notion of him not being here. She hopes that in this case it is many moons from now. "I would watch over Fireflypaw as I would one of my own kits." Howlfire hopes the sentiment is not lost on Dawnglare given everything she had done in the name of her children. She had begged for something to do be done to protect them and other youths after their attack. She had killed for them. Howlfire would do the same for Fireflypaw if needed, much like she would for any of her SkyClan siblings.

Reactions: DAWNGLARE