private MAKE IT STOP † SLATE

BEETLEBACK

but he never really quit, he'd just say he did
Sep 4, 2023
Normally when faced with a grump bore a perpetually dissatisfied smile is to avoid them entirely. However! I've had enough of staying out of ole Slate's way! He couldn't say he had a terrible relationship with Slate, nor could he say he had a lovely relationship with the lead warrior. They were acquaintances really. He'd follow orders that were given from the black tom and carry them out. That was the bulk of their interactions. Nothing more than a commander giving out tasks to their soldiers. However, he had hoped to change that. Slate was nothing but a fine warrior albeit a bit humorous considering he fretted so much over Orangeblossom despite others among his rank or lower didn't hold that same outward level of concern. Unfortunately, the black tom was doomed to rot in the medicine cat den for now along with some others.

I think I'd stir crazy if I stood in that smelly den for so long! Blue fur bristles at the thought of being confined in the medicine cat den for more than a few days. Whoa now! Let's not look all messy for our best friend. He stops just short of the entrance of the medicine cat den to groom himself to be a bit more presentable for Slate. If there was any rules when it came to visiting... Let's just say the blue tom didn't care to keep them in mind when he practically barrels into the medicine cat den to cheerfully yell, "HEY BESTIE!" Quite a few pairs of eyes turn to look at him, all of whom he pretends not to notice. No, he only cares for one set of eyes. Where could you be.. Ah! When he lands on amber, he's beaming, pearly whites flashing. "Didja miss me?" Blue paws strut over to Slate's nest.

Ohhh the utter embarrassment this has become. If anyone asked when did Beetleback and Slate become the friends is never. Beetleback is just convincing actor. This makes matters worse when he plops in front of Slate, "Soooo how's it going? Dawny and Firefly been treating ya well? Not starving ya right?"

// @SLATE you are my prisoner now, get yapped at

Most of his days spent inside the medicine den were nothing more than mundane and dull. Sticky herbs plastered against his cuts, lapping water from a wad of moss, wolfing down prey caught by another warrior. It was a humiliating state to be in; not one he'd ever want to experience again. Never had he ever been confined to a singular space for so long! And with Dawnglare, at that!

Occasional distractions served as temporary stimuli for Slate to latch onto, but visitors specifically for him were far few in between. Thus, the familiar blue tabby tom practically materializing out of thin air right in front of him was rather... jarring. Slate pinned his mangled ears against his head as Beetleback shouted into the air, heading straight for him. Ugh, great. ".... Bestie?" He mutters. What did that mean, again?

Weirdly enough, Beetleback asks how he's doing. Huh. Most cats would rather the lead warrior remain injured, confined to the medicine den and out of sight so that they didn't have to be subjected to his sarcastic quips and grumblings. Slate answers, "I guess." Wait, what did he want from him, anyway? They didn't know each other... at all, really. Not like Beetleback made it out to seem. "... Y'need somethin', or...?" In other words, please get out of my space and let me take a nap. It was miserable enough in this stuffy place; he didn't need another loud-mouthed mousebrain filling the air and hurting his ears. Cherrypaw filled that role perfectly well.

•  
  • 76905855_nv6I1cQtRbTk2ru.png
    slate
    he/him; lead warrior of skyclan
    a hulking, scarred charcoal-black colored maine coon with amber eyes
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    link to full tags; @ on discord or dm @beaaats for plots!​