man on fire — sunstride

Echolight

for you, i’d steal the stars.
Jul 14, 2022

The rebels arrival had been a icy shock to the system, and it had not taken long for friction to spark between the cast-aways and the cats who had helped chased them away.
Once the dust had settled and Echolight would have stepped away from her family to give them a moment to settle, the second cat the calico would be eager to seek out would be the golden-furred leader of the outcasts himself, uncertainty for their presence a heavy weight on her heart.
Slipping out of the barn, Sunstride would not be difficult to find.
"Do you have a plan, here?" Despite her hesitance, her prompt is spoken with a levelheaded tone as the long-limbed molly would come to stand in front of him, concern creasing at her eye.
"I won’t preach complacence again, I don’t think it’s necessary, but I need to know how much I can trust you." Her family’s safety had always been a priority for the patchwork she-cat, her mother’s naivety in her youth shouldering Echolight with a certain sense for logics, for responsibility.
Being separated from them did not shed her protective nature or her caution, and Sootstar’s former second-in-command would not be spared from her careful eye, not in the face of such risk.

@SUNSTRIDE
"Speech."
[ WHAT A TIME ]

He does not know what Echolight knows of him, or what she thinks that she knows. He turns his gaze upon her with an empty weight, a glacial gaze free of emotion. For he is exhausted, and he finds that her opinion of him does not matter. Each hope is so far removed from what is true that he does not know where to stand. Each step may loose another avalanche of anger that he cannot restrain, or hurt that will bury him. Should Rivepaw not survive this– he does not know what will become of him, then. But when his mind is cleared, there is no pain remaining. Only a great weariness which presses him down. "For your band, or my own?" He will not fool himself into thinking that they are the same. However they may hate Sootstar, so too do they hate him. "Survival. We will remain here only long enough to recover, and then bring this war to her own front. They will no doubt do the same, should we linger here long."

His gaze turns upwards, his breath floating the same direction to cloud his line of sight. "Do not trust me. Trust in my hatred of what has become of us, and been done to us. None here do not have their wounds from this cat. It is our battle to fight. We will see it through."
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • dzMLAJY.png
    SUNSTRIDE. WINDCLAN DEPUTY & MOOR RUNNER.
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS ╱╱ 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, LONERS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING SCORCHPAW.

TH ╱╱ LARGE CHOCOLATE ROSETTE TABBY, ICY EYES.