camp MAN ON THE MOON | o, intro

milkshakepaw

you're a firework! ₊ ⊹
Mar 15, 2024
Its been about a moon since little Milkshakepaw had joined the clan and she is excited to rise each morning, excited to come to the clan to help out. Today she arrives, neatly groomed as always (though her fur becomes more and more wild with every excited movement). She does not have any toys for the kittens today, unfortunately; her twoleg had left too early to put out her own toys. Ugh! No more mouse toys... At least her twoleg had given her face rubs before she left out when the sun rose. Milkshake doesn't know why she was awake so early anyways... Her twolegs been doing that way too often for her liking! Always waking her up...

"Hi, bestie! Whats the scoop?" she'd ask the cat next to her, baby blue eyes blinking up in sparkling curiosity. "OHHH! Hold on! Before you answer that... Did you hear the thunder n' see the lightning last night? It was LOUD! Like, KERBLANG! BOOM!" she imitates the sounds that it made, her face wrinkling up cause it shook her whole twolegs den! Her twoleg had noticed she was pawing at her door, because norrrrrrmally Milkshake slept on the couch, but THANKFULLY her twoleg had let her in and let her crawl up on the bed. "Was it loud out here, too? Since you guys don't have twoleg dens to sleep in I think it'd be more unbearable out here!" it was a lighthearted comment, a smile on her lips as she waits for a response.

• ❝ mom doesn't think i fit in to the darling archetype; but thats an ancient pair of jeans. ❞
    milkshakepaw
    afab ,, she/her,, 7 months
    daylight apprentice of skyclan
    fluffy, curly-eared cream tabby she-cat w/low white & blue eyes [ has a red collar ]
    "speech, E18AAA" ,, thoughts
    bisexual ,, single
    smells like sweet cream & sprinkles

As luck would have it, the one that happens to be beside Milkshakepaw when the daylight apprentice begins speaking is Ekat — an exceptionally quiet cat who startles at suddenly being addressed by the young tabby. Folding her ears back and staring down at Milkshakepaw with wide, bewildered eyes, the midnight-furred Ekat makes for a perfectly opposite image of the bright, excitable apprentice beside her. While Milkshakepaw continues her animated, one-sided discussion of the previous night's thunderstorm, Ekat merely watches the tabby and blinks, taken aback by the young she-cat's explosive energy and the fact that she was choosing to direct it towards her.

Milkshakepaw was speaking to her as though they were good friends, but Ekat was sure she had never even spoken a word to the apprentice before. She keeps to herself, and the other warriors usually do the same for her. It's disorienting, especially to the nervous she-cat — who only forces herself to respond when she realizes that Milkshakepaw is waiting expectantly. "Er, well... It isn't so bad when you're used to being in the forest during storms," Ekat responds haltingly. In turn, the she-cat can't imagine ever entering a Twoleg's den, let alone sleeping in one. Who knew what a Twoleg might do to a vulnerable cat within their territory, when they're asleep and can't fend for themselves? She's sure the daylight SkyClanners trust their Twolegs, but Ekat would never do the same.​

Last edited:

The sight of subdued Ekat being accosted by decidedly-not-subdued Milkshakepaw was an amusing one, Twitchbolt couldn't deny. Though he uncontrollably shivered, there was a clearness in Twitchbolt's eyes that wasn't usually there, a clarity that betrayed his good mood. A storm in the night was always an amazing sight- the way the stars and the lightning both illuminated the sky so ferociously that the light rivalled the brightness of daylight. A nicked ear swivelled to the sound of the discussion, and he wasted not a moment in participating, tail twitching.

Backing up Ekat, Twitchbolt nodded, uncharacteristically socially motivated. "Yeah. And after a long day of work, some cats manage to- to sleep through the whole thing!" Not him, never him... a combination of storm-fascination and ceaseless problems with falling asleep would craft you in that image.
penned by pin ✧

Unfortunately, turns out Ekat was the one that has been the poor, poor soul subjected to her rambles. Milkshakepaw seems none the wiser about Ekat's uncomfortable expression. Stars rest this poor cat, because Milkshake leans forwards as Ekat speaks, enough so that she nearly tumbles to the ground! Except she catches herself and sits upright a little too fast, because shes such a good apprentice and has SUCH good balance. "Oh my gosh, so you're telling me you get USED to it? Oh... Hmmmm..... I don't think i've ever gotten used to it! Thunder is SO scary... But I guess when theres just rain, and no thunder, its better? I think storms are soothing sometimes, cause of the rain. But they're scary!" she reiterates, tapping her paw against her chin in thought.

Twitchbolt comes over to add his own words, which saves Ekat as Milkshake's attention turns from her to him. "Nooo! You're LYING! Theres no waaaay you can sleep through that! Do you? Can you?" she blinks expectantly, cocking her head in curiosity. "Sometimes I crawl up to the uh... Uhm... Oh, I forgot what it was called! But my twoleg has a clear door you can see out of, except its not a door but lets totally ignore that... But I like watching the rain hit it! Lightning is kinda scary too, like, what if it hits me!?" she rambles on and on before she takes a deep breath, growing quiet so Twitchbolt or Ekat can get more in.

• ❝ mom doesn't think i fit in to the darling archetype; but thats an ancient pair of jeans. ❞
    milkshakepaw
    afab ,, she/her,, 7 months
    daylight apprentice of skyclan
    fluffy, curly-eared cream tabby she-cat w/low white & blue eyes [ has a red collar ]
    "speech, E18AAA" ,, thoughts
    bisexual ,, single
    smells like sweet cream & sprinkles