pafp MARRY ME REBECCA! ♫ confrontation!? [WARRIOR'S DEN]

Jun 17, 2024
*+:。.。 Besides puns, pranks and punchlines, there was very little in this world that Bugkit loved more than storytelling. As it stood, being a young lass with very little to no experience of the world yet, coming up with her own stories wasn't easy. That didn't mean that she wouldn't try, however! Mind full to bursting with the tales she has heard, Bugkit can think of no better way to see them come to life than through play! Luckily for her, her sister - Squirrelkit - is one of the best cats to play pretend with!

And so, on this fine, in not blisteringly hot, summer's day, the curtain pull open to reveal a stage fit for two...

"How could you!" it's always fun to start a story off with a little bit of drama. Bugs lays it on thick, raising her voice to a devastated cry as she stomps ahead of her sister. She even goes so far as to rub at her pale yellow eyes, holding back (nonexistent) tears. "That catch was mine, Squirrel-um-bee! I caught that giant rabbit-mouse all by my self and you took it!" playing the role of an exhausted warrior returning from a tiresome hunt, Bugkit sprawls herself at the warrior's den entrance, "It was gonna feed my whole family!" Her melodrama suddenly cuts off as she adds with a sparkle, "by the way my baby - his name is Cricketkit - says he loves you!" then, as if recalling the tone of the game, she immediately sobs out, "HIS FIRST WORDS!"
She pauses in her crying to leap to her feet, barring 'Squirrelbee' from the den. "Since you took my family's prey, you don't get to go into the warriors den tonight, Squirrelbee!" she puts her foot down, fur fluffed up, fierce with vindication.
Only to then add happily, "I put our nests next to each other, we should have a sleep-over!"
Then, narrowing her eyes into a cruel glare (offset by the smile she can't fully erase from her maw) she concludes, "I never wanna see you again!"

@SQUIRRELKIT

• GENERAL:
    Bugkit
    DFAB— She/Her
    5 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Daughter to Flamewhisker and Flycatcher
    Sibling to Falconheart, Stormfeather, Lilykit, Butterflykit, Scorchedkit, Squirrelkit, Sunkit
    Thunderclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold pink
    injuries: None currently

• Love
Reactions: SQUIRRELPAW
Squirrelkit loved to play pretend. Her imagination could at best be described as over-active, at worst... problematic. In her mind, everything was just an epic story waiting to be told in the right way. All you needed was a little bit of creativity and bam! Any situation could become a fun game to play. Her elders likely found her and her siblings' antics annoying, but what else was there to do when you were a kitten stuck in the nursery all day?

So when Bugkit suddenly kicked off on a make-believe tangent, yelling at her in the most dramatic fashion, Squirrelkit was all-too-eager to jump in. The fluffy youngster huffed loudly and made a show of rolling her eyes as her sister stomped around her. She did a good job of staying in character (except the small giggle she couldn't hold back at being called Squirrelbee) and played quite the excellent diva. With a flourish, she waved a paw in the air dismissively at Bugkit's wailing. "Oh well, sorry, B-Bug.... Bugface, but actually, nobody cares if that rabbit was yours!" She stuck her tongue out mockingly as she pushed past her sister. "Haven't you ever heard of finders-keepers? Since I saw it, that means I get to take it! That's in the, um- the warrior... you know, the uh, warrior... rules. Duh!"

Her forest green eyes widen with shock as Bugkit makes a surprising revelation; Cricketkit loves her! "That's a good name," she giggles conspiratorially in her sister's ear before clearing her throat and going back into character, gasping loudly. "Cricketkit said that?! Well Bugface that's just too bad! Because I hate Cricketkit!! He got my nest all dirty last night," she spat angrily.

When her enemy suddenly jumped up to block her entrance into the warriors den, she dropped into a clumsy crouch, wiggling her backside like she saw her momma do once. "You better let me in, or else!!" She acted like she was going to pounce on the other girl, only to rear up and throw her arms around Bugkit with an excited squeal. "Yay, a sleepover! We can clean each other's fur!" Then, withdrawing with a look of disgust, she pushed her sister away from her and spun dramatically on her heels. "Fine, I don't wanna be your friend anyways! You... You smell like a Riverclanner!"

• SQUIRRELPAW she / her, apprentice of thunderclan, 6 moons
    lh blue torbie with high white and green eyes. round and fluffy. good at climbing.
    single, crushing on no one / flamewhisker x flycatcher / mentored by no one
    sister to bugkit, scorchedkit, and sunkit / younger sister to falconheart and stormfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline and tag when attacking.
    penned by limerence@limericks. on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited:
Scarletkit watches the playful drama unfold with bright eyes, her paws itching to join in. She had been summoned to watch this ‘story’ after all, so now she sits with her denmates in the ‘audience,’ giggling with a paw held to her mouth. She loves how they're so into their roles, how they wail with over-the-top emotions. Eventually, she can’t help it anymore - she wants in!

"Wait!" The tortoiseshell jumps up with an idea. "I want to be in it, too! How about I play the, um, the super wise elder who gives you advice?" She mimics an old cat’s tone, adding, "Young ones, you must share your catch to maintain peace in the clan!" With a playful bounce, she waddles over to the warrior den’s entrance, flicking her tail dramatically. "And if you don't share, StarClan will - um - get you!" She can't help but laugh, eager to add her own twist to the story. She breaks character for a moment to chirp, "Let's have a big battle over the food and then we can all share it together!" Her enthusiasm is infectious as she dances around the two older kits, ready to continue the game. Any chance to practice her battle moves is a win for her anyway. Plus, the warriors are just inside the den - maybe they’ll watch!

YOU ALWAYS SAID HOW YOU LIKE DOGS

"that doesn't sound like a solution at all. how can you all eat if you're hurting from the battle?"

stagpaw asks, tilting her head. was she this annoying as a kit? if you asked houndpaw, they might say yes. but she knows better than that. she spent most of her time as a kit preparing to be an apprentice. and now even as an apprentice, she spends all of her time preparing to be a warrior. she has to be, otherwise she would not be worthy of the love of her parents. still, she only sighs as she sits, finally taking a break after stars know how long. the rather big apprentice– bigger than most of the average cats around here– lays down so she can be less big.

"i've an idea. instead of a big battle... you can ask starclan exactly what to do, right? i will be a starclanner and i can give you some prophecy and whoever figures out what it means gets to be the leader and gets first bite of this... rabbit-mouse thing. this one."

they drop a squirrel in front of the kits. for a moment they can't help but to look over at the warrior den. it doesn't feel... real... that in a moon's time they will be in that den. they don't wanna think about it. they have a lot to improve on before they can even decide where their nest will be. they turn back to the wishy-washy young ones, and nod their head.

"real warriors fight other clans. not each other."

〕The goldenrod figure of Honeykit listens skeptically to the... bickering ( if one could even refer to it as such, it not a bit cringeworthy ) of Bugkit and Squirrelkit. What was it even about? Pretending to be warriors, yes, but there was something else to it; Bugface had a kit whose first words were that they love Squirrelbee - What are these names? - were they ex-mates? They were confused. And confusion led to outbursts.

"Bugface," they begin with a sneer, clearly mocking the older kitten with the name she'd chosen for herself. "Hopefully you never become leader, ThunderClan would be the butt of every joke with the names you'd choose!" They snicker, fox-like and condescending. A tufted paw rises to cover their mouth in fake embarassment, their giggles still very much clear to be heard.

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • HONEYKIT —— kit of thunderclan , mentoring/mentored by name . parent x parent . littermate to character, character ✦ penned by nocthymia
    they/them / 2 moons & ages every 7ᵗʰ
    single / too young
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— combat details here / battle notes

"speech", 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • reference image here
    a longhaired red tabby with low white, vitiligo and dichroic eyes.

she doesn’t play. not like the other kits — not unless her siblings call, usher her to play the predator in their childish games ( she is best at fox, at dog.. finds it enjoyable to chase the squeals of excite - frightened denmates around the outskirts of camp ). when she spots the gathering of familiar faces, bayingkit only heaves a huffing sigh from the cast shadow of her mother, squared ivory chin tense with gritted teeth as she watched them patter about the entrance to thunderclan’s warriors den, annoyance and rejection beginning to boil at the pit of her ever rolling stomach ( she didn’t want to be invited — but why wasn’t she? ). it only increases when an apprentice approached.. stagpaw approaches, and bayingkit begins to bristle with hunkered jealousy.

a frown set hard on white - dashed maw, the kit lifts and moves forward just in time to heard them announce that whoever figures out their prophecy first gets a bite of the.. ” squirrel.. “ she grits, giving a crescent white side - eye at her elder as she approaches their side. rabbit - mouse.. had stagpaw been dropped by a bird as a kit? it makes her doubtful to listen when they explain that they fight other clans, not eachother.. ” well.. is it ‘bout fighting? i can play.. the other clan.. “ she falls into an awful crouch, hefty fur swaying in the hot greenleaf breeze. honeykit cackles, their voice loud and ringing and bayingkit shakes her head against it, tall ears flapping, ” honeykit, shut up ‘n come play other clan with me. “ because they couldn’t kick these other warriors ( and elder’s ) tails if they were cackling their head off like that.

82899623_KwTo76Y528ysXmG.png
  • i.

• 83627595_dvLnKTRpLW6U25x.png

• ” speech “
  • BAYINGKIT——————— SHE / HER, KITTEN OF THUNDERCLAN. NIGHTBIRD xx RACCOONSTRIPE, SISTER TO TWILIGHTKIT, TIGERKIT, STORMKIT & LIGHTNINGKIT. 3 MOONS OLD, SMELLS LIKE DISRUPTED SOIL & WET FUR. PENNED BY ANTLERS.
    a large, unsightly black tabby kitten.
    83627614_Q3xYXBfeLOcwHhP.png
    mongrelish, standing all thistlethorn fur and bared teeth, bayingkit would be thought roguish if not for the dogtooth crown she uncomfortably bears. a hereditary haunting lies in the shag of ornate black striping and long limbs that do not yet suit her wide, slouching shoulders ; her fathers daughter, laced in dredge and filth moreso than he’d ever been. a constant, incessant need to make herself small forms in hunched spine and weary, whale - eyed suspicion, communicating mostly in rumbling growls.. bayingkit tends to hold herself with a tuck tailed and trembling livewire of feral volatility.
    teething, easily frustrated with her lack of vocal skill and highly reactive. prone to biting, swatting and general moodiness it is highly encouraged to correct. powerplay is allowed for disciplinary swipes, scruffing and general redirection.