private MASTER OF NONE ⁺˖⋆ WRATHPAW

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ it was currently what she was learning to be a rare quiet moment in the nursery. with the sun high, most of her new denmates scrambled just outside. it gave nightbird a moment to rest without their whining and never ending chatter.

the lead warrior laid in the too big nest with her head rested upon a white paw. she had grown accustomed to raccoonstripe's pelt pressed against hers, without it sleep was a fickle beast to tame. her tail tapped languidly against the edge, silver gaze half lidded and trained upon the entrance. seemingly looking for some form of entertainment despite her intentions of resting. there wasn't much of it and without patrols, she had grown bored enough to count the brambles on the wall. she never got far, found it a fools endeavor in the moment only to try again the next day.

nightbird tried to be productive in the ways she could, thinking of names for her coming offspring most often. that too felt pointless. she imagined them a even mixture of her and her mate's features. short and broad shouldered or tall and lean, long fur painted in the swirling dark hues of their own pelts. when she considered the kitten blue of their eyes morphing into the warm umber of raccoonstripe's, she nearly grew ill. a name was something they would carry until the both of their parents were dead and buried. her and raccoonstripe's eyes, pelts, and chosen names, starclan willing, would remain in this camp even as they walked amongst old friends with starry pelts. it was a heavy burden. the only thing she had decided was that until she was able to see them for herself she could not choose.

the rampant cycle that had been running in her mind came to a halt once a shadow covered the entrance of the nursery. a sun-kissed halo blocked her from deciphering who it was, still nightbird raised her head curiously. even if her nap was now interrupted, she surprisingly didn't find herself caring too much. her mind was far too loud to sleep anyways. "you picked a good time," she hums, referring to the kittens scampering about outside. wrathpaw would find himself free of mischief as he worked.
  • ooc ↛ @WRATHPAW
  • BvsNLyD.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 33 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to none
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

*+:。.。 Growing up seeing Nightbird always at the helm of patrols and clan activity, it was weird seeing her now within the nursery walls. He almost expected her to be working on fortifying the walls, ensuring the queens were being well taken care of, or even offering training tips to the soon-to-be apprentices still trapped within. Instead, she was now part of the milk and the moss, a mother soon-to-be. He wonders what it would've been like had she joined the nursery while he was still a kit, endless opportunities to get to know one of Thunderclan's most prized warriors. He bet it would've been fun!

"Oh! uh - yes ma'am!" Wrathpaw squeaks, jumping a little when she woke from what he'd thought was a restful slumber. "I'm sorry if I woke you" he continues, ducking his head sheepishly as he enters the nursery. It's nerve-wracking to work with Nightbird possibly watching, so the boy does his best to be as diligent as possible as he claws at the moss, rolling up the old bedding into portable mouthfuls. It doesn't take long, however, for questions to start piling one after the other on his tongue. He glances at Nightbird repeatedly as he tries and consistently fails to focus on his task.
One question wouldn't be too troublesome, would it?
" What's it like being a lead warrior?" he finally blurts out. The first of soon to be many.

• GENERAL:
    Wrathkit
    DMAB— He/Him
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Giggle-
    Thunderclan — Kit
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ "no need, i was awake." she hums, subtle amusement lilting her tone. she watches idly as he works on the nest with calculated motions, getting rid of stiffened bedding to make room for something plusher. joining a young thunderclan as a warrior had its perks, nightbird was never forced by a mentor to change nests or pull ticks.

it is not long until the question in wrathpaw's lingering glances rolls from his tongue, her lips quirk upwards ever slightly. he likely expected a valiant answer, a tale spun of loyalty and sacrifice than many of her council mates would readily share. it was an honor for howlingstar to extend the invitation, among the highest. but truthfully, she couldn't recall much changing when she had gotten promoted alongside her mate.

"not much different than being a regular warrior, i suppose." she still got sent on patrols, hunted and defended her clan, performed tasks that had been overlooked. it was a step up in responsibility, sure, but that had always come rather easily to her."i've been one longer than i have not, though, my judgement may be muddled." her nose twitches in thought, stars that made her sound old. "are you asking in hopes of one day stealing my position?" she teases, brow raised in mock scrutiny.
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 33 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to none
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here

*+:。.。 He was more so expecting she would shrug him off and tell him to focus on his work, so when she obliged with an answer, the boy was all ears and widened eyes. His paws fall still as he focuses on the molly, deep blues glittering with awe. Not much different than a warrior he repeats her words in his head, holding them up to the metaphorical light like it was a gift to present Starclan. Nightbird is so humble he concludes, head light with amazement. From where he stood, tiny in the lineup of inexperienced apprentices still bumbling through life, Nightbird couldn't be described as average by any means. She was dedicated, stead-fast, a rock within a rushing current, one to look up to and respect almost as highly as Howlingstar herself. And to think, she was trusted with the rank of leader's counsel for longer than she'd been a normal warrior - so cool!

Her question pops his daydream bubble, making him blink in temporary befuddlement. Quickly, he throws up his paws and waves them about, babbling, "What? no no no! I couldn't - me? Never!" It's only after he says the words does the meaning behind them hits him. He lowers his paws, suddenly red-cheeked and sheepish. "I...don't know if I could ever be as good of a warrior as you, I have no chance for beating a lead warrior" he explains, pawing listlessly at the abandoned moss he was meant to be cleaning. Everything that made Nightbird an outstanding lead warrior was all that Wrathpaw lacked. Diligent? Not quite. Intelligent? He wishes! Experienced? he barely understood anything! It felt like he was fated to spend a million moons just trying to understand border markers, he couldn't imagine a world where he helped give a leader like Howlingstar his trusted opinion.

"But that's okay!" he announces with a determined nod, "Because there's still so much for me to learn, I think I'm glad to stay an apprentice for as long as I can!" To be honest, he wished he could go back to being a kit. But admitting that aloud would surely lose any of Nightbird's respect. He chuckles away the thought.

"Being a lead warrior seems like a lot of pressure, does it really not feel any different from being a warrior?" Wrathpaw pressed, glancing back at the smoky woman. He recalls only then, his task at hand and jumps to resume gathering and replacing the moss. As he does, his mind wanders, and with the floodgates opened, and subsequently validated, the boy barks, "being a queen has to be different than both ranks though, I bet?" he looks back with a smile, thinking for all of Nightbird's hard work, it must be nice to have the opportunity to essentially have a vacation away from the stress! Much less to do, right? "easier, huh?"

• //this is a million years late I'm so sorryyyy
    also I posted with the wrong account first, ignore the Antii jumpscare fufufu

• GENERAL:
    Wrathkit
    DMAB— He/Him
    9 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Laughblossom || Pridepaw, Merrypaw
    Thunderclan — Kit
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically mediocre | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ she grinned subtly as wrathpaw scrambled under her questioning. oddly, she found his enjoyment of apprenticeship refreshing. so many wanted to rush through it, cared less about learning and more about what howlingstar would name them on the fated day. she silently hopes a mind so ready to soak up lessons is not lost under wildheart, nightbird certainly would have appreciated a student so willing.

"i think you'd make a fine lead warrior, even if it is not the path you wish for." from what she'd seen, he cared deeply for his clan, it was a motivation each cat on howlingstar's council had. skills came secondary, they could be tampered by injury or illness. but nightbird had not journeyed to the mountains and back because of her battle prowess, it was all for thunderclan's sake.

her brow raises at his tenacity with a single question, perhaps her answer was not up to par. "i still hunt and fight for the clan as does any warrior, pressure has never bothered me much." down to the wire, it was where she felt like she truly thrived. it was nice to have a little break, as he said the queen life certainly was easier. she had enjoyed her rest for about a day before going stir crazy.

"i thought so too," she hums with a shrug, watching as he returned to his work. "but sitting in here all day is proving to be more difficult than climbing mountains." and she meant it, literally. there had never been more times her life was at stake in a single moon than that adventure, every moment up there she hated it. now, all cooped up, nightbird almost began to miss the crisp mountain air.
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 34 ☾'s
    mate to raccoonstripe / / currently mentoring none.