may your end be joyous ★ one-shot

Nov 22, 2022

"Snowpath! There you are! Morningpaw said you-"
The loud apprentice's voice trailed off as she stopped short of the tabby, realizing he was peering down into one of the deep pools that littered StarClan to observe the living world cats.
Without finishing her sentence Poppypaw wandered over to glance down at the scene, three warriors chatting and apparently having a good time; a pretty tortoiseshell and two red tabby, one with a bad leg.
"Homesick?" She asks curiously and he shakes his head, "No, I haven't been homesick in a while. Just checking in. Greeneye got his first apprentice! Butterflytuft has a mate now. Life goes on without us…I'm glad they're all happy."
He thinks of what his inaction might have caused, his sister dying and never getting to know the happiness of having her own kits one day…
Snowpath stands with a stretch and smiles, "Did you want to use it?"
It has been strange adjusting to the lack of clan borders, he'd disliked Poppypaw initially due to being Shadowclan. Now he just disliked her cause she was annoying.
"What? Ugh, no. I don't care about any of them…"
"Suit yourself." Stalking along the dappled tom leaves her standing there to go about his business and the red and white girl lingers behind for a moment. Once she was sure Snowpath was far enough away her head snapped to the side to look down at the pool, a smile dancing across her maw, "He named one after me."