pafp Maybe in another life | questions for kittypets

WAKE UP TO THE SOUND OF YOUR FLEETING HEART ⋆⁺₊⋆
Now that they are an apprentice, Hazepaw is going to have a lot more opportunities to explore beyond the limits of the camp. They are eager to get to it — eager enough to have [prendre de l’avance] a bit with their [escapade] while they were moving camp — but a part of them already wonders how they could go beyond the new limits that have been drawn around their world in the form of territory borders.

There’s a lot to see in this world. For now, she’s content with what is available to her: it is still very novel. But it would be a shame to only see as much as Riverclan possesses, wouldn’t it?

Maybe the clan will go to war with Windclan and take some of their territory: seeing the moors would be interesting. Or maybe Starclan will send a vision and Hazepaw will have to go on a quest like in their mothers’ stories. In the meantime, she turns to the next best thing: personal experience from cats who have gone further than her.

Usually, these are older warriors, with lives before Riverclan. But they’ve lately set their sight on a younger target: Fawnpaw.

The other apprentice was a kittypet before coming to the clan. Not even Smokethroat can tell them about that kind of life, and that makes her fascinating to Hazepaw’s eyes. They walk up to her late in the day, once they’re both done training with their respective mentor, bringing a vole as a friendly offering. Now, it’s only a matter of getting her to tell them about what it’s like to live with twolegs. Are they nice? Is it scary? How do they feed you?

Icebreakers aren’t really Hazepaw’s forte: there’s only so much she can open with when she’s so sparse with her words.

It’s not that they can’t say more, if necessary. It’s that they don’t see the point of speaking more than strictly necessary: why bother with ten words, when the right one is often all that’s needed to get one’s point across? She swears, if she could summon images in the mind of others instead, she’d never speak another word in her life.

Placing the vole in front of the cream apprentice, Hazepaw sits neatly in front of her and asks, ”Twolegs?” They only hope Fawnpaw gets their meaning — they don't mean to insult, but they are so curious.

// @Fawnpaw friendship :)

"✧ why am I the only one awake?"
The sudden appearance of a small molly with a hazy coat pattern. Her blue eyes saw the vole. The rodent was lying on the ground. Confused, she looked up to the other cat’s eyes. She had no idea who this cat was and blinked blankly. "eum… do you want me to to tell you what I ate in my house?”" she shrugged. Alright then. She shuffled her paws and gave a quick shake before starting. "i lived in a big house with a goldfish called rob and two children with loving parents. They fed me pellets welll, kibbles. They were delicious. It was crunchy and chewy. Tasted like tuna. Sometimes they’d feed me a sardine." she mewed blinking.

✦ ★ ✦

• FAWNPAW
    ー named for her soft features and heart

ー。 cis female - she/her
    ー Cream tabby short furred cat with brown eyes
    ー Scottish fold x Japanese bobtail

• none today

The warrior was midway through rasping his tongue over his blue-striped coat when he heard a word that always put him on edge: Twolegs. At once, Riffleheart's ears flicked up and he scanned their temporary camp with interest and slight alarm, wondering if someone had spotted Twolegs or if one of their strange objects had been sighted. "I lived in a big house with a goldfish called Rob..." oh. It was just apprentices' chit-chat. His concern vanished, but his interest only increased, and - hoping he would not be disruptive - he edged towards Hazepaw and Fawnpaw. "You lived with a fish? You didn't eat it?" asked the green-eyed tom incredulously. "It had a name?" did all fish have names? Had he been eating creatures with names his whole life? Riffleheart glanced down as his rounded stomach, freshly full of fish, and felt a fleeting moment of guilt.