twolegplace maybe you should take off \\ buck

KITE

i think that your mind is gone
Jul 17, 2024
✦​
They smelled him before they laid eyes upon him. An unfamiliar scent, both due to whom it belonged to but also from where it came from. It rousted Kite from where they laid on a rooftop, sprawled for an afternoon nap. The scent, it was similar to that of the wood chips in the strange playground, with a twist that Kite couldn't place. Still lounging, they twisted their head around in the direction the wind blew from, their dark ears careening forth and their nose twitching frantically as they attempt to pinpoint the scent. Kite rose to her paws and slid along the roofline, peering over the edge to catch sight of a brown tabby. They quietly spring onto a fencepost and balance, their tail quivering as they balance.

"Who goes there?" Kites growls as they dismount from the fence in a quick movement, diving downwards to shove the tom off balance from the side. Kite lands on them lightly, catching a large whiff of the feline's odd scent before dancing a few tail lengths away on nimble paws. They crouch, their tail lashing in anticipation before stilling. Their nose scrunches and they spat, "What is that stench?"

Kite canters forward as though they had not just been eager for a conflict, their mossy eyes squinting. They circle the tom once, shoulders squared and chin pointed upwards, before tiptoeing forth and jutting their neck forward to brush their inky muzzle against his shoulder. Kite inhales deeply before shrinking away slightly and cocking their head. "Kite. Who're you?" They mew sternly. "Where're you from...? What's that smell from?"

✦​

———————---***KEEP IT ALL INSIDE***———————---

• @BUCK
  • black tabby with a slim physique and compact muscles
    37, ages every 21st
    bisexual
    child of
    wary to trust
    speech
    peaceful powerplay allowed

〕A trip to the city was truly a vacation for country cat Buck, who was more used to golden fields and the smell of cowdung in the air as opposed to roaring monsters and bustling populations of two-leggeds. However, sometimes he needed a bit of a change of scenery; the tom grew restless when things were stagnant for too long. Therefore, he ended up in the Twolegplace, simply meaning to pass through in order to get to the farmland on the other side of the wild woods.

"Who goes there?" Buck did not consider himself inattentive, but even a cat with master reflexes surely would have been caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the dark-colored stranger from above. His neck craned upward, gaze traveling up the fence, though his reaction was too late as they dove down onto him and barreled him onto the floor. "Ack- hey!" Buck exclaimed, ears pinning back and claws unsheathing as he prepared himself for a scrap. Cats around these parts sure were mean, much more hostile than those who lived a simple life out on the farm.

The brown tabby wriggles, about to shove the attacker off himself before they retreat a few tail lengths away. Instead of lunging at him again, they wrinkle their nose at him. "Stench? Shoot, you're breakin' my heart." Buck issues a fake pout, though for a moment he leans down and sniffs his pelt to make sure it doesn't smell like manure or something. One becomes blind to their own scent after so long, but hopefully he didn't reek.

Buck straightens up, eyeing the black tabby suspiciously when they circle him. He gave a lash of his tail, shoulders squared as he was still on defense, and narrowed his eyes when they came slinking up to sniff him. Odd. "Up close 'n personal, alright then." He supposed he didn't mind it. Well, he didn't love being knocked to the ground and all that, but this attractive stranger was more than welcome to brush against his shoulder again.

It doesn't appear that they're going to attack him again, so Buck's fur begins to lie flat. For good measure, he takes a step back, looking them in their green eyes. "That was one hell of a way to greet someone." The brown tabby remarks, though he does not sound entirely angry and more so puzzled. They introduce themselves as Kite, a name that sounds utterly strange on his tongue. He's never heard of it before. "Kite, huh? The name's Buck."

Kite keeps commenting on how he smells; figures, since Buck hailed from the countryside and not the city. He was so used to it, so the reaction that he provokes from the street cat prompts an amused grin from the tabby. "I came from a barn. You know what that is, city kitty?" The orange-eyed male teases the stray.

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • BUCK — loner, resident of horseplace ✦ penned by beatles
    cismale / he/him pronouns / 30 moons & ages every 24th
    single / bicurious & monogamous / open to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    medium combat difficulty / may start fights, likely will not kill

"speech", thoughts, all opinions are ic
    biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 85782338_reMg5WDEKWiSJMs.png

a shorthaired brown tabby with orange eyes. a ruggedly handsome tom, sporting lean muscle and a slightly taller than average stature. there is a nick in his left ear as well as a small scratch on his right lip. he smells heavily of hay and wood chips.

✦​
Kite isn't one for boundaries, as shown by the way they had attacked the stranger and approached him without a second thought to get a stronger smell, now mere centimeters from his face. They stare up at the brown tom, their head tilted and lips twisted in a smirk, especially after he had smelled himself anxiously. "Apologies," Kite acknowledges the abrupt nature of the way they had greeted the tom. It's an apology that spills from their lips like honey, slightly insincere but softened with a rapid blinking of olive eyes. You couldn't hold it against her to be on edge... it was an act preemptive self defense, for Kite must stay on edge around these parts.

"Buck," Kite repeats, a prickle of curiosity tinging her voice. "Buck. Odd, I like it." They cast a quick glance about, suddenly feeling exposed. Kite redirects her attention quickly to Buck when he mentions where he hails from, their ears careening forward. They shake their head, a dramatic gesture as they mew in fake wonder, "A barn...? Enlighten me!" Kite dances backwards as she had done before, a playful expression illuminating her dark features. "You visiting somebody? A mate, maybe? Well, you oughta postpone..."

Kite gestures with her tail for Buck to follow. "City kitty is going to give you a tour of the 'burbs. Hungry? I'll show you my favorite haunt." They pause for a moment before winking and adding, "Don't worry, Bucky boy, you'll be safe with me."

———————---***KEEP IT ALL INSIDE***———————---

•  
  • black tabby with a slim physique and compact muscles
    38, ages every 21st
    they/them or she/her
    bisexual
    wary to trust
    speech
    peaceful powerplay allowed

〕This cat is strange, unlike anybody he's met before. The folk around his neck of the woods were simple and plain-spoken, mostly keeping to themselves and never thinking about lifting a claw against their fellow felines. Then again, competition for survival wasn't fierce in the countryside as mice and other prey were abundant in fields and barns. Something about the city made cats into brutes, or perhaps they were all just hungry and on edge about things.

Kite remarks that his name is odd, to which he furrows faux brows in amusement. Hm, well to each their own, he guesses. "Just imagine a two-legged den but roomier. Quieter." Buck takes a stab at describing a barn, though he admittedly finds it difficult to properly put into words just how different it was from any other twoleg den. The stench of cow manure and the bits of hay that got stuck in his fur didn't bother him; in fact, he seldom even noticed it. The stars were so clear at night, the sound of crickets lulled him to sleep. Buck doesn't know if he'd ever be happy in a fast-paced environment like this, but for the time being, it was... new.

The dark tabby inquires about his plans, to which Buck shakes his head and chuckles, "Hah, no mate for me. It's just me, myself, 'n I out here." The brown-hued tom was not on any sort of schedule; nowhere in particular to be, no one to meet. It was freeing to be able to travel wherever he pleased at his own pace.

What Kite does next is unexpected — they offer him a "tour", whatever that may entail. All he's seen so far are towering buildings, smelly dumpsters, scurrying rats, and roaring monsters. Was there something here that he was missing? Curious, Buck decides to take them up on their offer, "A tour? I get the star treatment?" He mrrows in amusement, stepping forth to trail after his new designated tour guide. The brown tabby was a bit hungry. "Yeah, don't call me that." A serious request masks behind a lighthearted tone in response to the nickname Kite coined for him.

While not entirely sure if he trusted this stray or not, Buck decided he would see where they took him. He was not so much of a fool as to completely let his guard down, but who would he be if he didn't have a sense of adventure and risk?

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • BUCK — loner, resident of horseplace ✦ penned by beatles
    cismale / he/him pronouns / 30 moons & ages every 24th
    single / bicurious & monogamous / open to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    medium combat difficulty / may start fights, likely will not kill

"speech", thoughts, all opinions are ic
    biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 85782338_reMg5WDEKWiSJMs.png

a shorthaired brown tabby with orange eyes. a ruggedly handsome tom, sporting lean muscle and a slightly taller than average stature. there is a nick in his left ear as well as a small scratch on his right lip. he smells heavily of hay and wood chips.