pafp ME & THE MOON ✧ decorating

hawthorncry

samira, theme week ✦
Apr 29, 2024
The raspberries and cherries that adorn her pelt need to be replaced often. They're quite easy to find, thankfully, even if she does have to scour the earth to collect enough. But they're plants and grow fast, no fur off her back, right? She sits off in a shaded part of camp, growing increasingly more frustrated as a cherry stem refuses to hook in to wavy fur. She's gotten it every other time, so why is this so... difficult! The pink blossoms and raspberries that she would have put on after are discarded to the side as she tries to no avail, more collected than she truly needed...

Orange eyes blink up to the nearest cat passing by, oh, it was dear old Swansong! How wonderful she is to be blessed with such a convenient approach by them! "Swansong! My greatest rescuer," she claims dramatically, a smile on her face as she holds up the cherries pinched between two claws. "I've been redoing my little accessories, and unfortunately for me, these little things don't want to hook in to my fur no matter what I do!" she complains with a hint of exasperation in her voice. "I haven't even finished my flowers yet- oh, come, dear, sit, sit! I have much too many... I'll decorate you, if you help me." she bats her eyes with a small plea. The soft pink flowers would look good in their fur, Hawthorn thinks.

• @Swansong
  • 81270542_DEiOWs3YmdjAa3Z.png
    hawthorn, hawthorncry
    cisgender female ,, she/her ,, 40 moons
    warrior of shadowclan ,, former marsh-grouper
    pretty black/chocolate chimera w/ low white & orange eyes
    "speech, #b54055" ,, thoughts
    bisexual ,, single
    smells like raspberries & cherry trees
    art by LICHPRINCE ,, penned by chuff

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆  Swansong has grown quite a fondness in the moons since finding herself for the sort of elegant decoration that few among the marshes appreciate. She is found more and more often these days with newleaf blooms scattered among pale locks of fur, and it brings a smile to her maw to see others' doing the same. Hawthorncry is one such appreciator of the finer things; they find themself among good company as they come to meet her under the shady bough.

"At your service..." the young warrior murmurs, meeting the molly's own theatricality with a lazy smile and a polite dip of her head. She seems to be having quite the trouble with her own accessories, frustrating leaking into her voice. Luckily for Hawthorncry, they are more than experienced with such a task by now. "Ah, what a generous offer...! I would be quite happy to assist," she chirps, tone light. Swansong takes her seat beside the other, a deft maw grasping a cherry stem. She is quiet and careful as she begins her work; all it takes is a bit of patience.

• 81294824_mjXd5ejx6RrZPyn.png
  • SWANSONG ⋆⁺₊ ⁺₊⋆ she / they, warrior of shadowclan, fourteen moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with droopy blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, known for her perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applejaw, garlicheart, & ashenfall.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited:
'Prettiness' was something Sneezepaw was always keen to explore, thanks to his mother, Duckshimmer. He had watched the way she so elegantly decorates the fur of her Clanmates with flowers of all sorts, and quickly found himself longing for the same. His dull brown fur looked lively with the flora his mother collected. If only he knew how to decorate his own fur by himself.

As if summoned by his longing, he spots Swansong working cherry stems into the dappled for of Hawthorncry, and his paws pull him forward before he can even consider joining in. "Excuse me," the boy mews, raising his tail hopefully. He didn't know Hawthorncry, but he knew that Swansong was sweet and friendly, and had no doubt she could share some of her skills with him, too. "Can you.. show me how you're doing that? I wanna learn to decorate like you.."
  • sneezekit SNEEZEPAW
    ━━ APPRENTICE of SHADOWCLAN | 7 MOONS ,, ages every 2nd
    ━━ DUCKSHIMMER xx NPC | SIBLING to SINGEPAW and SWALLOWPAW
    ━━ MATE to none | PARENT to none
    ━━ MENTOR to none | MENTORED by SHARPSHADOW

• speech is #ffcc8a

okay, shit. well. they had to admit, somewhere internally at least, that they've been avoiding hawthorncry since their spar. they gave up. tapped out. their shoulder just hurt way too bad, as it did now with too much activity, and they had to give up. but that's not the reason they're avoiding her. they know when to back down from a fight, even if the smallest voice in their brain tells them to fight until there is no fight left in their opponents. they know their limits are lessened by this injury. that's not why they're avoiding her at all. they just... were busy! yes! that's it! busy, and they could not keep sparring with their sparring buddy when they're busy!!! they can only hope she won't ask to spar with them right now. stars, please, don't make her ask.

"what are we doing?"

some sort of decorating. this wasn't in their wheelhouse at all. better late than never to learn. they sit beside sneezepaw, offering the young tom and soft nudge.

"you don't know either, huh? guess we are both in for a lesson. teach us oh wise ones."

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    46 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Last edited:

[ ༻❄༺ ] Fur decorating had been something Snowpaw had grown to like, of course mostly to be the one to decorate others fur and not get his own done, but as he grew older he began to grow to like getting his fur adorn with pretty blooms, or or such things but, none came to compare to the skills Swansong held. Her decorating skills were just like her own beauty, elegant and graceful. So a gentle smile played on his lips when both Sneezepaw and Chilledstar ask to be taught to decorate in such manner that even he had decided to silently join in.

Might as well since he too tend to find himself gently tangling others furs with blooms of new-leaf to vines, and leaves at their request if he was nearby of course. Sometimes even agreeing to their request to tangle flowers into his own fur. Calm gaze flicking between Hawthorncry and Swansong, awaiting for the lesson they must now indulge in to begjn.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw He/Him, apprentice of Shadowclan, 9 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.