camp meant to be ✿ coming out

Butterflyskip

hold my hand, you can follow my lead
Feb 27, 2024

Sprawling in the sun on a pleasant newleaf day gave one plenty of time to think, watching their clanmates share tongues happily, huddled together in throngs of mottled pelt colors, kits tumbling around in the clearing - the muffled sound of cat chatter mixed with the twittering of birds overhead made for pleasant background noise: the sound of home. The signs of warmth were beginning to crop up even within the camp, with little wildflowers dotting the ground and plenty of bugs to be seen, including the butterflies of his namesake, floating to and fro on the warm gentle breeze with delicate, intricately patterned wings of many vibrant colors. Eyes half-lidded, squinted against the bright light of the sun, they watch one drift by, the orange of its wings glowing in the day. It was about time for the return of the butterflies, and as it continued to get warmer and the world truly unfolded its colors, the brightest greens of summer, it would be time for more - for caterpillars, and chrysalises, and new butterflies to spread new wings.

Maybe some - one - was a little early, though.

It was a realization that hit him all of the sudden - one that had only lingered, passing feelings of uncertainty and wishing that things were different, before he realized what all of it meant, and it was hard to decide what to do about it. Surely, the first step is to tell.. someone? News spread fairly quickly among the cats, especially with many of them together like this, so - that was it, right? Butterflyskip was not an anxious cat, not by any means; but for whatever reason, this made them nervous. Perhaps it was the fear of change - but change, of course, was necessary to take flight.

The big ragdoll gets to their paws, stretching their legs before they approach the nearest friendly face, apprehension written on their features despite their smile. "Um - I think - I mean - just so you know, I think I'd like it if I was called he and she, you know?" Not the smoothest, but - accentuated with a sort of awkward, hopeful smile.

• BUTTERFLYSKIP he/she, warrior of thunderclan
    large LH cream cameo/ginger tabby chimera with green eyes. 50% ragdoll. kind, outgoing, a bit of a dreamer (if you count believing in true love). former kittypet.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by harmonia@you on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

For as long as she can remember Magnoliasong has had a friendly face; a welcoming air about her. It is what she likes to think drew Tigerfang to her side (like oil and water their personalities had been - surely it was Magnoliasong's looks that sealed the deal), and what made her a successful permaqueen for all the moons she served in the nursery. That being said, she is not at all surprised to be approached by a clanmate.

Golden eyes glow like the morning sun as Butterflyskip stands before the elder. Plush tail waves in greeting as Magnoliasong straightens slightly from where she reclined against her mate. The ragdoll's apprehension does not deter her, for she has lived through many confessions from many clanmates. One can always count on an elder to spread the news should they wish it to be spread. Her ears perk all the more as Butterflyskip begins to speak, stumbling over words wanting to be said despite the weight they carried.

"Um - I think - I mean - just so you know, I think I'd like it if I was called he and she, you know?"

"Then he and she you shall be," the elder purrs, grinning with acceptance at the news. "Thank you for letting me know, Butterflyskip. I'm sure that took a lot of courage, love," Magnoliasong adds in honeyed tone, dipping her head to the large ThunderClanner before glancing around to be sure others heard the news.
( penned by kerms )

*+:。.。 "Wow! You can be a by AND a girl? " a childish voice would squeak from behind Magnoliasong before the young kitten known as Wrathkit would plop himself over the elder. He prefers spending time in the elder's den, hence his sudden appearance. Perhaps Butterflyskip hadn't meant to come out to a kid, especially one who had yet to understand gender fully and its colorful spectrum. But Wrathkit was all smiles when he looked upon Butterflyskip. "That's so cool!" he breathes. Glancing at Magnoliasong, he quickly quoted her - "Thank you for um letting me know- too!" before rolling off the elder and smiling widely at his clanmate, "wait, wow, you're a boy, and a girl, AND super brave?" if his already wide eyes could get any wider, they'd take over the whole of his cream and white face. She's so cool[/color] he thinks.

• GENERAL:
    Wrathkit
    DMAB— He/Him
    5 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovepaw, Joypaw, Gigglepaw
    Thunderclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #191961
    injuries: None currently

He and she? Softpaw's eyes widened at Butterflyskip's admission. It was a strange thing, to use such contradictory pronouns, but at the same time, that made it rather interesting, didn't it? And really, he and she seemed to fit Butterflyskip well in a way that Softpaw didn't know how to fully explain. It just felt right for him.

"Consider yourself he and she, then." Softpaw nodded in agreement with Magnoliasong, and she smiled at Wrathkit's reaction to Butterflyskip's words. Anything to make her Clanmates feel comfortable in their own home.

Butterflyskip's soft admittance, and Wrathkit's not-so-soft celebration, enraptured Thundergleam's attention absolutely. Rosy eyes befel the red-faced feline before her. He and she... both at once? Living only with Father, she had encountered nothing like it before- that a cat could choose to tell all around them what was within them so plainly. To lay a heart bare, it took bravery.

Briefly, Thundergleam wondered whether her soul truly matched the way that other cats referred to her. All of her identity had come from what Father had taught her- from what she had gleaned from star-inked dreams. If she truly looked within herself, in the here and now... no, she was very much she. It was an unexplainable thing, an abstract sort of glow, but one bright and illuminating nonetheless.

Butterflyskip earned from her that typical, ghostly smile- watery eyes shone with understanding and softness, distinct and poised. "I thank you for enlightening us," she praised, a bow of her head accompanying the words, the sort of respectful dip she would offer a leader.
penned by pin ☾

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎⋆⁺₊“♪ He and She Butterflyskip wants to be called both he and she ♪” Dwindlingkit sang loudly. It sure was fun to say, so no wonder the warrior wanted to be on both sides. Dwindlingkit bounced around Wrathkit to stand beside Butterflyskip smiling brightly.

“Thank you for letting us know, and congratulations!" The kit said mimicking others around them. Granted, she didn’t know why other cats were thanking and not congratulating. Or the importance of such brave words, but the cream and red kit was supportive none the less. “Oh my gosh, that makes you both pretty and handsome at the same time! Lucky!”

• ooc:
  • IMG_1199.png
    Dwindlingkit — She/Her ・ 3 moons ・ Thunderclan Kit ・ PENNED BY @Ghostunes!
    ☀︎ A fluffy (LH) flame point kit with low white and has blue eyes
    ☀︎ Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon
    ☀︎ Tags

[ ༻ ☼ ༺ ] Fadingkit didn't fully understand what Butterflyskip meant by wanting to be called a tom or a molly but, the clan seem to be congratulating him...or her, even her own sister chimed and sang what Butterflyskip wanted to be considered, which brought a smile to Fadingkit's lips. If that is what Butterflyskip wanted then... so be it she supposed.

"Okay! Miss...Butterflyskip or....Mister Butterflyskip!" she giggled happily as she switched from using both respectful term, she thinks to herself that she could get use to this! And since Butterflyskip was okay with it then she'll be sure to use both terms for him!

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Fadingkit She/Her, Kit of Thunderclan, 3 moons.
    Stocky short flame point tabby she-kit with blue eyes and stubby tail, one floppy ear
    Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

sffzQQz.png

I THINK I'LL TAKE MY WHISKEY NEAT — Tufted ears flick at the singsong voice of Dwindlingkit and they had been nearby when Butterflyskip had approached Magnoliasong with his rather nervous announcement. Their golden gaze attentive of everyone's positive reactions only to turn to the vibrant pelted ragdoll, Saffronpounce knew how it felt to bring up change and what one was most comfortable being referred to or preferred. He had been in that situation himself but as a younger apprentice where he had decided to tell his mentor one day that he had not felt like a molly but rather a tom. It had been rather daunting at first, a little scary, but the acceptance and use of what he felt most comfortable with was truly rewarding. It took courage of sorts and Butterflyskip had certainly done it, his ears flick for a moment only to take a few pawsteps forward.

"Congratulations," Saffronpounce offers simply locking his honeyed gaze with the olivine ones that belonged to the ragdoll and adds on to reassure her, "I'll be sure to remember."

aCUWOuT.png

• HuzCQFi.png
    a longhaired seal lynx sepia w/golden eyes and low white
    afab trans masc ; goes by he/they pronouns
    saffron's not a very friendly cat, has low tolerance, and no space for mistakes. he has a distaste for kittypets, both within his clan and outside of it, and he isn't shy to show it. all his opinions are IC only.
    25 moons old; ages the 21st of every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; currently interested in no one
    currently mentoring briarpaw / relies on his swiftness, small size, and stealth to overcome an enemy
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Lovepaw gives a faint smile as she overhears the conversation from where she's resting nearby. Her leg feels just about back to normal, though there's still some stiffness and achiness to it that she's sure will linger until she starts using it more often again; a bit of exercise, of hunting and patrolling, and she should be back in good condition, hopefully. Until she's given the definitive all-clear, though, most of what she's been doing has been resting around camp since she no longer has to remain solely in the medicine den. Her ears flicks slihtly in acknowledgement of Butterflyskip's new pronouns, and she comments, "We'll match, then." There's a hint of amusement in the words, but mostly she just is happy Butterflyskip has been figuring out more about herself and feels comfortable enough to share it with everyone.​

Deerkit doesn’t understand the concept, of wanting to be called a tom or a molly. Dark ears flatten against his skull at Wrathkit’s not-so-soft celebration on the matter. The tortie tom scrunches his nose up at the loudness of it all, letting hazel eyes train on the red warrior who announced his? Her? Changing stuff. He settles next to Fadingkit as he looks up at Butterflyskip, with a stare.

He turns his head as he hears his clanmates congratulate the new molly? or tom? to the clan. He still doesn’t get it. "H-he and she? a-at the s-same time?... Umm, okay. T-thanks for letting.. U-us know… M-miss Butterflyskip or uhh Mister B-butterflyskip?" He shuffles his paws below into the ground, as he stutters out his words. Deerkit still doesn’t the being both thing, even though he is older then his denmates. It seems scary. But oh well, if Butterflyskip wants to be both then so be it he guesses.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet
  • ( i can't handle it… ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ♰ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ DEERKIT.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 5 MOONS & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    kitten of thunderclan | formerly a loner
    undecided / single / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a scrawny longhaired black/dark ginger tortie and white tom with hazel eyes.
    thoughts ; "Speech, ff7844" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like fresh caramelized apples & faint damp earth musk
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone