border megaverse | reemergence / joining attempt #2

DENALI

it might sting a bit
Jun 27, 2024
જ➶ After that day he felt like such a failure. Such a burden as others fought for him and drove off the evil threatening their lands while they had tucked their tail and ran off without so much as a look back. Not even a thank you. Blood had danced in his vision, coating it red as he swiftly made his way back to home only to be confined. To be taken care of and to stew in his own misery. He is weak. Worthless. Not even able to defend himself against another cat who wished to do them harm. Then what is the point of him wishing to be more if he simply couldn't to begin with? Pain ebbs in his heart like crashing waves and they stay home. Drifting back and forth, siblings trying to cheer him up but little works beyond a fake smile, listless eyes. Then finally they see their moment. To emerge from their dampened and soul sucking spirits. The door that opens up and invites them to go outside. His upwalkers allow them to partake of it once more. A new collar rests on his neck now. One of ruby colored rhinestones, to stand out more.

Their paws carry them towards where they wish to go. Far away from peace and comfort because they think if they want to change at all, to actually grow. They need to be away from that which makes things easy. The split in their nose says it all and they breath in softly as they approach the border of Skyclan. Looking and lurking like a wild banshee but ever tamed by the humans of the suburbs. Tail sways as glistening sea colored orbs flick across the trees and over their shoulder before they sit down. A shimmer makes them look down, a tiny clear rhinestone that makes them remember that chase. The panick, terror, a cold touch down their spine. The old collar, pieces of it after it snapped as he viciously tore underneath a fence to get here. Roughly they sigh before shaking head and focusing as they hear approaching steps. Courage. They need it. "Hello...um, I'm Denali and I'm looking to join your clan. It's...I need to payback those that saved my life." With hard work and a stronger will. To protect them in turn.

The sight of another cat bearing a collar brings a much more cheerier tone to Florabreeze’s already sunny disposition. So the sight of Denali, ruby red rhinestone collar held snugly against his neck. The topic of ownership was brought up once, she didn’t view collars like that kind of suffocating thing. She had thought it to be some sign of protection, of a bond between twolegs and their cats. They wear collars on their fingers sometimes, she’d seen them in twolegplace be really excited over receiving it. So that must be similar to her, Denali’s collar is closer to those shiny tiny collars so that must mean that his twolegs really care about him. The maine coon approaches him with a warm grin, shaking her long fur to try and shift the heat from the weather.

“Hey there! I’m Florabreeze” she pauses to consider his words, she had heard about some kind of scuffle but there had been a lot of skirmishes lately. Unfortunately it’s been pretty hard to track that kind of thing. Her muzzle scrunches as she thought about the word payback, some kind of debt? “You don’t need to join the clan as payback, you should do it because you want to. Clan life can be dangerous and serious so it’s important to make sure you’re making that commitment because of interest rather than feeling like you owe the cats who saved your life something.” She meows thoughtfully, words are not unkind but she tries to be a little more serious than she normally is. After every border meeting, after every new joiner she has been slowly intaking what is normally said at these things. Though, she still worries that she’s being a little too grim or serious about it at times. “Though, I’m guessing you’ve given it some thought, right?” She adds with a lighter tone, if he had really had his life saved then this must be something Denali has thought about more than once.

• FLORABREEZE 𖧧 She/her, Daylight Warrior of SkyClan, 34 moons (ages on the 12th)
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.
    Mentored by Sorrelsong /Mentoring Jellypaw
    “Speech”, thoughts, attacking
    Penned by Juice ⏐ouijeejuice on discord {open to being dmed for plots}

જ➶ A larger cat, bigger than themselves emerges from the woods that shelter the area. At first he has fear, a haze of emotion that sparks within him because of their encounter with strange and terrifying cats. But the scent is familiar. One that is carried only by those within that clan. Taking in a deep breath they smile, dream laden eyes aoon focusing more. "Hello...it's nice to meet you." It really is. One cat he has been talking to previously had been lovely company for him till things went bad. They sigh suddenly and try to push away those memories. It was their own fault anyway and his ears pull back gently as she speaks. Telling them that they shouldn't join just to pay someone back. This life is dangerous and they understand that to a frightening degree but they have put an immense amount of thought into it. The one before them figures so and they allow a smile to traverse over chocolate and cinnamon maw before speaking up again.

"You are right. I have thought long about this. I've always wanted to be more than this life has allowed me to be. I sought out the stories of the wildcats and thought of this day. Even bumped into one of your own. We had a very nice conversation." His voice is gentle and sweet as sea colored orbs shift to look away then. Their paws shuffle against the ground before they nod. "Yes, I would like to join Skyclan to better myself. To learn and to be a protector for the clan and for myself."

86675154_LOamvezHAfsxbdk.png

Figfeather nods in agreement with Florabreeze. If a cat was to join SkyClan it should not be in an act of servitude. They needed warriors who wanted to be here, who belonged in SkyClan’s pine forest and among their ranks.

The stranger known as Denali confirms he has thought long and hard about this. Figfeather doesn’t know if she finds his sentiment convincing, but she never does with joiners. Perhaps in a moon or two he’d be able to prove to the clan and her that he meant what he said. ”You’ll have to speak to @Cherryblossom , our deputy.” She meows, since Orangestar was… missing in action. ”She’s the only one who can decide if you’re worthy enough to join us.”
86675399_zRvSV5PrAoswUDr.png

Denali had fled when Thistleback, Emberpaw, and Silversmoke had driven the attacking rogues from the forest. Cuts still fresh worn on his limbs and shoulders, scabbed over but stinging with the sweat drawn out from the heat baking into his coat.

He hadn’t expected to see the dual-colored kittypet again, he noted now that the old collar was missing. The glassy strip of glittering white pretty rhinestone, perhaps lost to the forest. The wilds of the earth had a way of swallowing up artificial beauty. Replaced upon their neck, glittering red. Now that, caught his attention. Stones born from fire, it made their seafoam eyes stand out. Flornbreeze greets them kindly, urging Denali to reconsider their reasons for joining.

Thistleback sidles up to the patrol, hard gaze landing on Denali. Alot had happened since their walk in the woods, even more since he had fought to save their life. Fortunately, he wasn’t one to expect or need gratitude nor favors for favors. He had simply done as he was designed to do. Protect the innocent.

That smile befitting their two-toned muzzle. it was good to see it again, he thinks.

" Flornbreeze speaks true… and… there is no debt owed. " Thistleback speaks, " I’m happy to have inspired your desire for duty and a home within Skyclan " he adds, though his voice is harsh with rasp. With Figfeather’s words he nods his skull-white muzzle in agreement, " I’ll lend a good word on your behalf. " he assures, stepping forward to touch his nose to Denali’s shoulder as one would greet a friend.

With Silversmoke missing, and dangerous rogues prowling the border nearly on the daily. An ambition had relit in the chimney of his gut, once a smoldering heap now a raging fire. Another warrior trained, was another set of claws and teeth on the side of Skyclan. A part of him wondered if that was all Denali was to him, did he subconsciously concede to this in fact being a debt while verbally denying it? A game of the mind, a twist in the truths. Thistleback torn between the honor of new friendships, and black-hearted ambition. He smiles in turn.

" I am glad to see you again, Denali " he adds, tail flicking behind his hocks.

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty-eight mns. EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Former Lead warrior of Skyclan 12.22.22 - 06.2023
    Father of Coyotecrest, Eveningsun and Scorpionpaw
    — mentoring Teeveepaw formerly Snowpath & Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png