pafp MEMORIES COME FLOODING FAST // reminiscing

After taking a bite from the tiny junco she noses it over to Twitchbolt’s paws. ”I remember watching him and Butterflytuft awkwardly clamber through the trees.” She purrs in amusement, licking her lips to rid of any remaining blood. ”You’d think for a clan of climbers our leader would’ve been the best of them all.” An amazing climber Blazestar never had been, Figfeather had rarely saw him up in the trees unless to have fun with clan-mates.

”But that’s what made him so… admirable. Where he had faults he made up for them tenfold.” The strong, prevailing, and courageous SkyClan leader had always been a beacon of hope for the clan. In their darkest moments he never failed to be the clan’s backbone, a shoulder to his clan-mates to lean on. ”There was never a time he put us second. SkyClan was always first.” When Twitchbolt passes the bird back she’d take another bite, purrs continuing to rumble from the depths of her throat.
  • please wait for @TWITCHBOLT
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » Mentoring Wolfpaw
    » Mate to Fantastream
    » Sire to Sangriakit & Coffeekit
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and aid to her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

Reactions: wolfie

It was good to be in the company of friends, even when everything seemed beyond awful. Like the worst it could ever be, or- or close to it. He supposed a dog could be tearing him to bits right now- that would be worse than grief he couldn't ignore. When Figfeather had asked him on Silversmoke's patrol, something small within him had tipped him off that maybe they grieved similarly- with distraction. With positive reflection. And though that grisly patrol had been anything but positive, Twitchbolt still found some comfort in Figfeather's company, and gladly welcomed a conversation about their lost leader, even if it seemed from his jitters he would want nothing less.

Wide olive-green, amber-flecked, settled upon her as she spoke. Frayed whiskers twitched in amusement. "He wasn't graceful in the trees," Twitchbolt agreed, voice squeaked and softly humoured, as he slid their shared meal back over to her. He hoped, in the day-drowned starlight, Blazestar was laughing with them. "But he was gracious. I- I wish I had half the patience he did." What a life that would be... maybe he wouldn't have hurled a squirrel into his face, if he'd had a shred of the golden tom's temperance...

"It can't have been easy. He... he was the Skyclanner, even if he couldn't quite fly through the forest." Did that make sense?
penned by pin ✧

Idly, the scarred warrior had been picking through the measly pile and spotted a rather appetizing mouse. Scooping it from the hoard, he turns to face the clearing and spots a familiar pelt. The last day or so had been hard on every cat, and Dogbite needed the company of good friends now more than ever. Slowly, he trekked to the two sharing a bird, and as he neared, the conversation became apparent. His heart flipped and squeezed with grief at the mere mention of Blazestar's name. Yet, the tenderness of the moment also placated the ache. Politely, he waits for Twitchbolt to speak, and when they've concluded, he approaches. Placing the mouse between them and meowing a hoarse greeting. "Care for a third?" Easing down onto their belly, he lays beside Twitchbolt, good eye twinkling with kindness.

Batting the prey closer, he takes one more look at it and freezes. Memories of his first moments hunting beneath rocks and grasses come in like a quiet storm. Emotions well behind their eye and a bittersweet chuckle flows from his tufted chest. "He was everything..." Aimlessly, his voice trails away, and their expression falls distant. Dogbite would've never known what Skyclan or being a Skyclanner truly meant had it not been for the powerhouse of a tom. Always carrying an air of grace and strength like none around him. Knowing he would never hear his brassy call or playful jabs again hurt. However, knowing he could share this moment brought him a twinge of peace.

"Did you know, before I came to the forest, I was the lousiest hunter this side of the river?" A playful glimmer flashes across peeking fangs as he reminisces. "Blazestar had caught me attempting to catch mice, and trying not to maul them. Thankfully, he hadn't seen just how many times I had fallen face-first or bumped into tree's." Learning to hunt while half-blind had been a treacherous task, but the golden-furred ragdoll's patience knew no bounds. "It was nearly sundown by the time he found me." Dogbite's smile grew fonder with each passing moment a part of them could almost taste the new-leaf breeze. "He showed me how to catch a bird as well. I could've cried with joy. My first real catch that hadn't been two-leg garbage, and he had the heart to still treat me as an equal." It was the day I knew I would come to love Skyclan.

He kept his final thoughts private, but the happiness did not leave him as they took a hearty bite of the mouse. Basking contentedly in the presence of Figfeather and Twitchbolt.

• ———✧———​
    ✧ LH cinnamon tabby w/high white one blue eye
    ✧ child of npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan warrior ; ex-loner ; mentor to littlepaw
    ✧ 32 moons old ; birthday 07/01 ; ages realistically
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric
    ———✧———​

Last edited: