pafp MIDNIGHT RAIN — telling jokes

Quiet, lazy days are becoming less common with winter approaching, but even that isn’t enough to weigh down Clayfur’s good mood. He trots through camp with a sense of enthusiasm, offering greetings to everyone he passes—and then he spots a better cat to walk to. Someone who appreciates humor, someone who shares a very close sense of humor to Clay’s. Laughingstalk.

He skips over to the other warrior, a bright grin on his face. "Hey, Laughy, what d’you call a fish with no eye?" He’s already giggling at his own joke, trying to contain his laughter and failing miserably. He lifts a paw to try and stifle his laughter, eyes squinted with the effort of keeping quiet. "A… a fsh!" He nearly doubles over at his own joke, fighting down another bout of giggles.

// pls wait for @LAUGHINGSTALK.
[ WHAT'S MY AGE AGAIN? ]

laughingstalk was different. they found themself always laughing and giggling about the little things but no one ever really understood... but clay did! oh clay... what a stupidly handsome tom cat he was! and he liked their jokes! the warrior couldn't ask for much more than that! then again... laughingstock thought that everyone laughed at their jokes– even when it was obvious to others that they themself were being laughed at. they didn't care... any attention was good attention. any attention was good attention.

at the sound of their nickname, they immediately perked up. they had never had a nickname before! that had to mean that clay and them had been best of friends right? clay starts to tell the joke and is already giggling trying to hold it in, and laughing finds themself well... laughing! then the punchline hits and suddenly they cackle out a beautifully contagious sound, rolling on the ground and gripping their stomach with their paws.

"oh! oh, clay! that's so- snrrk! -funny! i got one i got one!"

they rolled themself onto their stomach with a chuckle.

"why- pfft -why is grass so dangerous? b-because its full of blades!"

laughingstalk's paws hit the ground as they cackled out more laughs, barely being able to breathe as the widest smile graced their features.
[ FEELS LIKE YOU DON'T CARE ]

Brook is gnawing at a trout off to the sidelines, scarily close though to where Clayfur and Laughingstalk were displaying their jokes. The sympathetic embarrassment that bubbles up inside of her, that knotted heavily in her chest, was nearly enough to make her lose her appetite. What made the situation worse is that she was pretty sure these two weren't laughing because the jokes they shared were dangerously corny, but because they found them... genuinely hilarious.

In case any of them were looking her way, she's forcing a very faux smile of sympathy... Yet she's praying to the stars they don't dare look at her, and she's left out of this uncomfortable situation.

( casual character / "speech" / ic opinions )​

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· BROOK, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 23 moons . ages on the first
╰ ‣ riverclan warrior . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former member of the pine group

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like fish and river , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue tabby . blue eyes . blind

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
╰ ‣ Observant, reliable, hardworking, overcommitted, humble, takes critique personally
╰ ‣ finds minimal difficulty in relating to others . quick to show mercy, unless her family is at risk of harm
╰ ‣ Doesn't appreciate most proper titles, doesn't feel deserving of them

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC x GRACE, sister to Lightningstone & Stormpaw
╰ ‣ bisexual.
╰ ‣ skilled fighter . average hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.​

bounceheart ✧ she/her ✧ riverclan warrior (=˃ᆺ˂=)

When it came to humor, she divulged into practical jokes and pranks. Wordplay often came off, as Brook had noted, corny. She would entertain the jokes, however, because it was the most amusing event today. Bounceheart approached the two snickering fools with a smirk on her face.

"What's a kitten's favorite game...?" She paused, glancing back and forth between them. "Hairball!" Dead mouse-ball was apparently the apprentices' favorite game, but she would not include them in her attempted jokes at this time. ​

He's napping outside the medicine cat den after being annoyed he has to continue wearing this itchy poultice when he hears it. The jokes. The horrible, awful jokes. The absolute bottom of the barrel of humor: puns. Smokethroat lifts his head from his sulking nap, single orange eye narrowed in the direction of the jovial crew laughing about and making such atrocious remarks. His black lips curl in obvious disdain but what infuriates him the most at hearing it all is how he...finds them amusing to some degree. Shaking his head the tom looks back in the healer's den with a groan, "Beesong, which plant can I eat to kill me instantly-I can't handle this today." He couldn't handle it any day, he didn't want to handle it at all, but he was trapped her in camp for the time being and no amount of complaint was going to get his eye to heal any quicker. The moment he was free he would be resolving himself to remain at the river as long as possible less they begin this nonsense once again.

The other warrior’s joke sends Clay even further into a fit of cackles, and his legs grow weak beneath him. Finally they give out and he drops gently, though gracelessly, onto his side on the ground. There are tears in his eyes already, and they’ve only told a couple jokes! He puts a white paw on his chest, breathless with laughter. It’s nearly painful how much he’s laughing, hideous and loud. He wipes at his eyes, turning his head to stare at Laughingstalk through watery hazel eyes. "Blades of grass! That’s so… pffff… perfect!"

He shuffles onto his back, drawing both paws up to rest around his middle. "You’re so good at telling jokes!" Bounceheart is also good at telling jokes, apparently, because she tells her own that only causes his laughing fit to worsen. "Hairballs…" He gasps, shoulders shaking as he begins rolling around on the ground. It’s all so perfectly pointless. He loves this.

Smokethroat, by the sound of it, is not amused in the slightest by his happiness. Typical. "Deathberries will do it! I think I know where they grow, too." His berry-searching has led him to a few bushes of bright red berries, and it wouldn’t surprise him if those ones truly are yew berries. "Come on, Smoke, you gotta admit they’re funny!" He grins at the lead warrior, a smile full of teeth.

"Wait! Wait! I’ve got another! What’s a… What’s every kit’s favorite color?" He looks over to Laughingstalk again, eyes going wide, still coated with a watery shine. "It’s purrple!"
[ WHAT'S MY AGE AGAIN? ]